Waldron to the Bears….

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Bears have asked permission to interview him. I think he’s a good fit for Bears run-oriented offense. And if Bears draft Harrison, they will have two good WRs like the Seahawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why would the Bears need the Seahawks permission to interview Waldron? Weren't the assistant coaches told they were free to look for other jobs?

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see how Waldron does without his head coach telling him, "now remember, 80% of the field is off-limits. We can't have turnovers."
I think that’s why the Bears are interested in him. Flus likes to run the ball and play defense. We just need an OC who is a LITTLE less conservative than Getsy — who just got fired.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Our boy Shane is about to have an important voice that will shape the entire league for the next decade.

I think they will lock up Caleb personally. We’ll see.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Our boy Shane is about to have an important voice that will shape the entire league for the next decade.

I think they will lock up Caleb personally. We’ll see.
I've read they may get both Caleb and MHJr. High pressure for him with that draft capital under his direction.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Waldron is much better than than many in here think he is. Not saying he's perfect but He played a massive part in resurrecting Geno Smith's career and had to work with a terrible line this year and they were still a top 12 offense.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Not saying this will happen, because odds are it won’t, but what if Waldron goes to Chicago and their offense suddenly night and day for them?
We have a “negative guy” on the Bears forum who says Waldron is getting too much credit for Geno’s performance. He says credit should go to the quarterback coach. True?

soxhawk

Reaction score
Waldron is much better than than many in here think he is. Not saying he's perfect but He played a massive part in resurrecting Geno Smith's career and had to work with a terrible line this year and they were still a top 12 offense.
Where do you see top 12 offense and Seahawks listed together anywhere?

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Where do you see top 12 offense and Seahawks listed together anywhere?
You will find it in the team rankings for 2022. Seahawks were 23+ ppg. Scoring dropped off a couple points this year for reasons we’ve been discussing all season.

BASF

Reaction score
We have a “negative guy” on the Bears forum who says Waldron is getting too much credit for Geno’s performance. He says credit should go to the quarterback coach. True?
It can definitely be conjectured. Once Wilson got away from Canales, he played much worse. Once Canales left for Tampa, Geno played worse than he did the previous season.

I wish Shane good luck, hopefully he doesn't learn from his lack of variations here and can't turn someone in our conference into a power.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think they're top 12 in EPA but I could be wrong? I tend to put a lot of stock in that stat but admittedly they're not top 12 in PPG which is the ultimate stat but you are at the mercy of other factors like your special teams, defense and your strength of schedule.

Again I could be wrong on EPA (I think PFF has them graded in that range too?) but for sake of argument if I am wrong I would still contend Waldron is underrated by this fan base. His work with Geno alone warrants him a job somewhere.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Scoring ppg would have been higher this year if we had a top-10 defense instead of the 28th ranked defense.

I am very happy to have Waldron. He can either help Fields like he did for Geno, or help Williams get off on the right track. He will be a vast upgrade to Getsy — who any Bears fan can tell you absolutely sucked at play calling.

GemCity

Reaction score
Not saying this will happen, because odds are it won’t, but what if Waldron goes to Chicago and their offense suddenly night and day for them?
I think most will be surprised.

I expect him to tear it up.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
PCs influence, on both the offense and the defense, was far reaching.

Waldron isn’t the first OC victim.

Watch him light it up.
That's what I fear and kind of expect. I know the new HC of the Hawks will want his own staff, I just can't help but feel letting Waldron go is a mistake and we should've seen what he's capable of without Pete at the helm.

I guess we'll just have to see.