Waldron

LTH

Reaction score
I rewatched the commanders game last night. I really like what Waldron is doing on O. He is doing a nice job of reducing pressure out of 11 personal. The screen plays are really cool the way he sets up the D with different options out of the same set. There is about 5-6 diffetent options out of that screen play with JSN. Not sure why people think Waldron is not creative in his play calling. I think it's just a matter of executing what he calls.

He does the same thing out of 13 personal when he lines up thoseTE in the back field there is about 5-6 different options and the D has no idea what they are going to do out of that formation. It's really creative. Now that the O line is getting some continuity I think the O is going to take off and I'm expecting that vs the Rams this week...

I think the Key is 3rd down conversion and getting enough O plays to be able to execute Waldrons plan of baiting the opposing D... if the Hawks can get 70 plus plays on O they are going to throttle the Rams.

I'm getting excited for this game!

Thoughts?

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
I still think the key to 3d down conversion rate is success on 1st down. I look back at the Ravens game and remember it seems like every series it was 2d and 8 yards plus, followed by 3d and long - 6+ yards to go. It's hard to "get creative" when you're looking at 3d and long all day.

toffee

Reaction score
I still think the key to 3d down conversion rate is success on 1st down. I look back at the Ravens game and remember it seems like every series it was 2d and 8 yards plus, followed by 3d and long - 6+ yards to go. It's hard to "get creative" when you're looking at 3d and long all day.
I think it's time to have Charbonnette play more in 1st and 2nd quarter,

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I noticed in the later part of the game they ran a fake screen to JSN off of play action and Met calf was wide open on the slant overvthe middle... they are going to hit that for a TD against the Rams... For some reason Geno didn't throw to Metcalf... he took the check down to JSN which was a killer play any way...but dang, it just froze the D...

But yeah 1st and second down are key tovthird down for sure.

LTH

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I rewatched the commanders game last night. I really like what Waldron is doing on O. He is doing a nice job of reducing pressure out of 11 personal. The screen plays are really cool the way he sets up the D with different options out of the same set. There is about 5-6 diffetent options out of that screen play with JSN. Not sure why people think Waldron is not creative in his play calling. I think it's just a matter of executing what he calls.

He does the same thing out of 13 personal when he lines up thoseTE in the back field there is about 5-6 different options and the D has no idea what they are going to do out of that formation. It's really creative. Now that the O line is getting some continuity I think the O is going to take off and I'm expecting that vs the Rams this week...

I think the Key is 3rd down conversion and getting enough O plays to be able to execute Waldrons plan of baiting the opposing D... if the Hawks can get 70 plus plays on O they are going to throttle the Rams.

I'm getting excited for this game!

Thoughts?

LTH
There was an analysis of his playcalling that in my lazyness I only 1/2 watched - that looked quite 'redemptive' (if that's a word) -

I've been bitching about playcalling - so maybe I should shut up and go do my homework!!!!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
It didn't really pop to me until I rewatched the game.. I was looking for it...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
There was an analysis of his playcalling that in my lazyness I only 1/2 watched - that looked quite 'redemptive' (if that's a word) -

I've been bitching about playcalling - so maybe I should shut up and go do my homework!!!!
It didn't really pop to me until I rewatched the game.. I was looking for it...

LTH

renofox

Reaction score
Yards to go / conversions vs. WAS, 3rd and:

6, Y
10, n
1, Y
4, n
4, n
5, n
4, Y (scramble)
4, n
4, n
7, n
6, n
7, n
3, n
4, Y

4/14, with only 1 failed attempt at 10+ yards but 6 at 5- yards.

I posted this because I saw an article (can't remember where) about Seahawks 3rd downs that showed we sucked at 3rd and short/medium and Geno's comp%, TO%, and rating completely sucked ass.

Every single 3rd down was a called pass attempt. I wonder if opposing defenses figured out they don't have to worry about the run on any 3rd down, because it seems the Seahawks don't have any 3rd down running plays even on 3rd and 1. That may be part of why Geno is sucking so bad on 3rd down.

sutz

Reaction score

6, Y
10, n
1, Y
4, n
4, n
5, n
4, Y (scramble)
4, n
4, n
7, n
6, n
7, n
3, n
4, Y

I posted this because I saw an article (can't remember where) about Seahawks 3rd downs that showed we sucked at 3rd and short/medium and Geno's comp%, TO%, and rating completely sucked ass.

Every single 3rd down was a called pass attempt. I wonder if opposing defenses figured out they don't have to worry about the run on any 3rd down, because it seems the Seahawks don't have any 3rd down running plays even on 3rd and 1. That may be part of why Geno is sucking so bad on 3rd down.
I referenced the Baltimore game, and you give me stats from the Wash game. :LOL:

Having said that, I agree. We should run on 3d down at least a few times to keep the D honest. Hell, if we're on their end of the field we should run on 4th and 1-2 to go. If we're gonna believe in our run game we have to trust that we can do it when needed.

I thought the Quality Control coaches were supposed to track this shit and elbow the coaches when they're getting too predictable. If not, it should be.

cymatica

Reaction score

Seems like Waldron has no faith in the run game and uses it only because he has to sometimes. Would be nice to see more variety and commitment to it

toffee

Reaction score

6, Y
10, n
1, Y
4, n
4, n
5, n
4, Y (scramble)
4, n
4, n
7, n
6, n
7, n
3, n
4, Y

In wars and football, one mustn't gave up the element of surprises.