Waldron and his creativity

LTH

Reaction score
I just know one thing., and that is Carroll wants Waldron to be creative in the ways he uses the position groups...Carroll's big thing is putting players in positions to succeed. So I'm thinking after seeing some strange formations that this CREATIVITY is going to continue.

I just think Carroll didn't hire Waldren to copy McVays O but for Waldren to expand on his own exceptionalism in creating his own version of offense which seems to be expanding every year.

I now have to wonder what we are going to see against the Panthers. Are we going to see variations of this 2 TE back field?

I'm starting to get excited about this Waldron offense. I think so far we have seen watered down versions of it because it's early and because not all the personnel have been available because of injury or what ever. I want to see more of plays like that one play that Geno missed to Bobo... that was a brilliant play that would have scored a TD... Geno just missed it.

I keep wondering what this O is going to look like when they get these position groups dialed in and things rolling with everybody healthy. They are going to be dangerous and this Is going to be a very special year.

LTH

Last edited:

sutz

Reaction score
I've been waiting to see more creativity on offense. Looks like it is starting to open up a bit.

The Bobo play was a simple flea flicker that everybody does. No big thing. The creative use of various formations and pre-snap movement to confuse the defense is a big part of what I want to see, the kind of shit that used to drive our defense nuts. ;)

There will probably never be a time when everybody is healthy. This is football, after all. We do need to see more creative use of the players we do have available. Saw some good touches of it last season, I'm looking forward to opening the playbook open even further this year.

Reactions: LTH

hoxrox

Reaction score
I'd like to see more pre-snap motions. And more to JSN over the middle like how Nacua is used in the Rams offense. Not this short-yardage bubble screen stuff.

But overall he called a great game last week. Let's see if he can put two solid weeks together against a Panthers team with a better overall d-line.

Reactions: LTH