Various Hawks reactions to the loss on twitter

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Sherman takes losses hard. Always has. That's part of who he is.

At the end of the day, his media availability is just immaterial. Why does it matter? Has nothing to do with what's happening on the field, which is all I really care about. This game wasn't lost by our corners. Our LBs and Kam had a rough day, which I'm sure the heat contributed to.

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":kjpkn3yt said:
Sherman takes losses hard. Always has. That's part of who he is.

At the end of the day, his media availability is just immaterial. Why does it matter? Has nothing to do with what's happening on the field, which is all I really care about. This game wasn't lost by our corners. Our LBs and Kam had a rough day, which I'm sure the heat contributed to.

I agree with you on Sherman. Let's go easy on the dude, he had an extremely frustrating day. If I was that frustrated I would can the press conference too.

dukestar

Reaction score
BI51 is the one that needs to apologize...absolutely brutally stupid boneheaded penalty on 3rd down when Rivers was short of the first down...led toa TD insted of FG and burned a few more minutes off the clock...what a doofus...

Seanhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2xa4l1u8 said:
MB12":2xa4l1u8 said:
And what is Sherman doing? Refused to speak to media and this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/511299582077042689[/tweet]

I think the offense let us down on this one.

Huh?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
ivotuk":18j05p1c said:
MB12":18j05p1c said:

It's true. They did put up a great effort. I think the offense let us down on this one.
No. The defense could not get off the field. First four charger possessions were long ass scoring drives. Our offense might have scored too quickly and then failed to sustain the last two drives to win it. But for the game our defense was unspectacular. Our special teams play was uninspiring. Our offense besides Kearse and RW were ineffective.

hawk45

Reaction score
We endlessly excoriate Kaepernick for his scurrying back to the locker room after his games, and nobody says oh he's such a competitor but Marvin maybe.

Sorry, you throw it in guys' faces after games like Sherman does, walking up after a hurtful loss and saying "U Mad Bro" and all the other stuff he does to fierce competitors IMMEDIATELY after tough losses, you don't get to pull the competitor card.

It's a little girl move is what it is. Again, love Sherm, have the jersey, but with this move he makes it impossible to defend the "u mad bro" shenanigens post-game. Big talker when his team wins, can't take what he dishes.

summesm

Reaction score
hawk45":3ext76gf said:
Speaking of accountability, on the post-game they said Sherman said he wasn't going to talk to the media today? I hope there is something I am missing with that because if not, that's pretty weak. Love Sherman but if you run the mouth when it's good, you suffer the crappy interviews when you lose.
AGREE and he and rest of LOB need to start playing like the LOB

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I honestly don't care to bash Kaep, Harbaugh or Belichick for their abrupt responses either. I'm not in that group.

And again, in a game where multiple Seahawks (not named Sherman) committed mind-boggling penalties and mistakes to give up this game, we're going to focus all the negative attention on a guy who skipped a press conference?

glad2bdada3

Reaction score
Defense and tackling sucked. So much for our shut down corner, hopefully he becomes our shut up corner. The only saving grace was the Offense. But there was no way they could carry that game with the disparity in ToP.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Russ Willstrong":26ywc28v said:
ivotuk":26ywc28v said:
MB12":26ywc28v said:

It's true. They did put up a great effort. I think the offense let us down on this one.
No. The defense could not get off the field. First four charger possessions were long ass scoring drives. Our offense might have scored too quickly and then failed to sustain the last two drives to win it. But for the game our defense was unspectacular. Our special teams play was uninspiring. Our offense besides Kearse and RW were ineffective.

The offense can't do anything when they hardly get on the field. Seattle only punted one more time, so it wasn't all about not taking advantage of your possessions.

Seattle: 17:45
Chargers: 42.15

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
hawk45":172hnqi8 said:
We endlessly excoriate Kaepernick for his scurrying back to the locker room after his games, and nobody says oh he's such a competitor but Marvin maybe.

Sorry, you throw it in guys' faces after games like Sherman does, walking up after a hurtful loss and saying "U Mad Bro" and all the other stuff he does to fierce competitors IMMEDIATELY after tough losses, you don't get to pull the competitor card.

It's a little girl move is what it is. Again, love Sherm, have the jersey, but with this move he makes it impossible to defend the "u mad bro" shenanigens post-game. Big talker when his team wins, can't take what he dishes.

You are making a ton of false comparisons in this post. Nit the least of which is equating not talking to the media, which generally doesn't trash talk players after the game, with Sherman not congratulating the other team in person.

Calm down.

pocketprotector

Reaction score
ivotuk":fobk0l2t said:
MB12":fobk0l2t said:

The Seahawks averaged 2.333 points per drive today. Only three teams averaged a higher value than that throughout the 2013 season. This loss is squarely on the defense.

hawk45

Reaction score
DavidSeven":9iqvn5zp said:
I honestly don't care to bash Kaep, Harbaugh or Belichick for their abrupt responses either. I'm not in that group.

And again, in a game where multiple Seahawks (not named Sherman) committed mind-boggling penalties and mistakes to give up this game, we're going to focus all the negative attention on a guy who skipped a press conference?

Right because I criticize a demonstrably weak move from a guy who is just fine being petty in victory I'm focusing all the attention on him.

Kaep, Harbaugh, Belichick have a lot more room to be abrupt and avoid media than Sherman actually.

There are definitely "real" things to focus on in a game where everyone sucked, but that doesn't mean it isn't noteworthy when the player most known in the NFL for post-game antics can't handle post-game when his team loses.

EDIT this thread was about post game accountability, the Sherman observation is perfectly appropriate. There are many threads to talk about the subjects you feel are discussion worthy.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Sorry Kearly but this is a prime example of Sherm needing to grow up. You can't run your mouth when you are dominating and then go sulk and cower when you have a rough game.

If you talk the talk and you don't walk the walk, be a man and take your lumps kid!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dukestar":6j6sgvny said:
BI51 is the one that needs to apologize...absolutely brutally stupid boneheaded penalty on 3rd down when Rivers was short of the first down...led toa TD insted of FG and burned a few more minutes off the clock...what a doofus...
Yeah, that idiotic shove well past the sideline made me go nuts.

Also, Sherman, I understand your frustration but with your self-created media image, you really can't avoid the press after a bad day.

-One of your biggest fans

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Offense averaged a TD every six minutes. At that rate, if Irvin doesn't push the QB and Harvin doesn't fumble the kickoff, we've got another TD and they're out 6 points.

It wasn't our offense, they were the only reason we were even in the game with three minutes left.

But Okung and Britt sucked.