Various Hawks reactions to the loss on twitter

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
ivotuk":olss8hx9 said:
MB12":olss8hx9 said:
And what is Sherman doing? Refused to speak to media and this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/511299582077042689[/tweet]

It's true. They did put up a great effort. I think the offense let us down on this one.
Insanity. :shock:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3qtmxfbg said:
dukestar":3qtmxfbg said:
BI51 is the one that needs to apologize...absolutely brutally stupid boneheaded penalty on 3rd down when Rivers was short of the first down...led toa TD insted of FG and burned a few more minutes off the clock...what a doofus...
Yeah, that idiotic shove well past the sideline made me go nuts.

Also, Sherman, I understand your frustration but with your self-created media image, you really can't avoid the press after a bad day.

-One of your biggest fans
Have to agree with this. Flush this crap game, fix it, and move on!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The whole defense was pathetic. Not a good showing for the best defense in the NFL. Right now the best defense are the Panthers...they lost their best player on defense and still played well against the Lions.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jgq8e2o said:
dukestar":2jgq8e2o said:
BI51 is the one that needs to apologize...absolutely brutally stupid boneheaded penalty on 3rd down when Rivers was short of the first down...led toa TD insted of FG and burned a few more minutes off the clock...what a doofus...

Also, Sherman, I understand your frustration but with your self-created media image, you really can't avoid the press after a bad day.

Agree with this - dish it, ye shall take it.
Anywho - tonight we drink :thirishdrinkers:

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1zpjmsp3 said:
dukestar":1zpjmsp3 said:

How you and the rest of the high and mighty get off your high horse concerning Sherman and the media? The righteous indignation being shown is petty, sickening and utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and has NOTHING to do with why we lost the game.

hawk45

Reaction score
Hey Mizzou, remember how this thread was about a player taking accountability for the poor defensive play?

Guess not.

There are many threads discussing the factors why the game was won or lost. Maybe those would be a better place for you if this thread is so irrelevant.

Steve2222

Reaction score
kearly":38c5bs2y said:
DavidSeven":38c5bs2y said:
Sherman takes losses hard. Always has. That's part of who he is.

At the end of the day, his media availability is just immaterial. Why does it matter? Has nothing to do with what's happening on the field, which is all I really care about. This game wasn't lost by our corners. Our LBs and Kam had a rough day, which I'm sure the heat contributed to.

I agree with you on Sherman. Let's go easy on the dude, he had an extremely frustrating day. If I was that frustrated I would can the press conference too.

To be fair, how much does Percy's TD skew our yards per play average?

Steve2222

Reaction score
ivotuk":abrau3mj said:
MB12":abrau3mj said:

It's true. They did put up a great effort. I think the offense let us down on this one.

Not sure if serious

OrFan

Reaction score
A wake up is what I call this. Sherman may not have owned up to mistakes, but if we could be in his head and read what is there, it would be " I, and everyone else who thought we were so special, well, we f.... up."

A wake up call is needed from time to time. You ride the bucking bronc and win for only so long, until it bucks you off and makes you look like a fool. Good for it. To pick yourself up, dust off, and make sure it doesn't happen again is the true measure of a man.

He may have said what he said, but I'll bet inside he knows the truth. I will also bet that this makes him hungry again, and that his head lowers just how much it is inflated.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
hawk45":w480fchi said:
Hey Mizzou, remember how this thread was about a player taking accountability for the poor defensive play?

Guess not.

There are many threads discussing the factors why the game was won or lost. Maybe those would be a better place for you if this thread is so irrelevant.
How about you get off that cross? You look quite silly you know? What would you like him to say that you already know he wouldn't or be canned pablum puke?

We got outplayed so learn from it and move on to Denver because if not we'll lose that game also.

Hawks46

Reaction score
hawk45":3sdgq4y0 said:
Speaking of accountability, on the post-game they said Sherman said he wasn't going to talk to the media today? I hope there is something I am missing with that because if not, that's pretty weak. Love Sherman but if you run the mouth when it's good, you suffer the crappy interviews when you lose.

I've defended him as much as anyone, but this is a d-bag move here. Accept accountability when things go bad.

w00t

Reaction score
BTW this was a FAKE Marcus Burely twitter account.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Lame move on Sherman for avoiding the media, thats a lot of softness right there, and he played super soft today.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2e6ckc7m said:
How you and the rest of the high and mighty get off your high horse concerning Sherman and the media? The righteous indignation being shown is petty, sickening and utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and has NOTHING to do with why we lost the game.
*cracks whip*

DOWN, girl! :lol:

(I'm actually not even 100% certain what you're trying to say here, but you're clearly angry with me.)

BigMeach

Reaction score
You would think with the way some of you are getting on Sherman we hadn't lost a game in 3 years. Sherman's talked to the media plenty of times after losses. I don't recall Sherman doing this last year or the year before, I do recall Sherman having problems with the media over the summer that had nothing to do with the actual game of football and perhaps that's where this stems from?

Either way, it's the game of football, everyone loses, everyone wins. You're taking one instance and comparing it to a couple others and intentionally leaving out all the times we won and he didn't talk shit and the times we lost and he still spoke to the media.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":19rfmw3u said:
MizzouHawkGal":19rfmw3u said:
*cracks whip*

DOWN, girl! :lol:

(I'm actually not even 100% certain what you're trying to say here, but you're clearly angry with me.)
I meant "Now" but I'm not precisely angry with you or the others just disappointed.

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
MB12":2xy24o35 said:

I'm glad he didn't talk to the media. That means Sherman is fuc*in mad as hell... Along w the rest of the team, as they should be. They will take this and use it as motivation to be ready for the Broncos.

I honestly think this loss was good for the team from a motivation standpoint. We looked unprepared to play and looked out of shape on defense. I understand it was really hot out but we should have been ready and hydrated for that. Majority of our team plays with a chip on their shoulder and this loss should add to that.