Various Hawks reactions to the loss on twitter

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I have no problem with Sherman not talking to the media. His decision did not negatively impact my life.

razgriz737

Reaction score
CANHawk":35bbcacd said:
razgriz737":35bbcacd said:
w00t":35bbcacd said:
BTW this was a FAKE Marcus Burely twitter account.
Lol you're right. Just checked. It's definitely fake.
why the heck would anyone make a fake Marcus Burely twitter account..?
Here's the tweet the account put out after the one in the OP. A Pats fan? Lol wow.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/MarcusBurley/status/511315239988498433[/tweet]

Might wanna edit the OP or thread title.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
I'm not really sure what the big deal is about? Sherman had 3 passed completed on him, 0 touchdowns and 0 truly big gains... What does he have to own up to the media about? That he isn't perfect? He has to talk to the media because he normally talks a big game when they win? No he doesn't. That part of what makes him so annoying. Part of what get's him into the heads of so many offensive players, and apparently some of the people of this forum as well... He doesn't care what you think, he is a communications major and is going to do as he sees fit to get the biggest reaction out of whoever he wants it from. He was probably annoyed that the rest of the D played not so well, but he kept it positive in his tweet about "good effort" and let some other people talk this time. Personally I do not believe he has anything to "own up to".

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
bbsplitter":3h9izjes said:
I'm not really sure what the big deal is about? Sherman had 3 passed completed on him, 0 touchdowns and 0 truly big gains... What does he have to own up to the media about? That he isn't perfect? He has to talk to the media because he normally talks a big game when they win? No he doesn't. That part of what makes him so annoying. Part of what get's him into the heads of so many offensive players, and apparently some of the people of this forum as well... He doesn't care what you think, he is a communications major and is going to do as he sees fit to get the biggest reaction out of whoever he wants it from. He was probably annoyed that the rest of the D played not so well, but he kept it positive in his tweet about "good effort" and let some other people talk this time. Personally I do not believe he has anything to "own up to".
Exactly.

Diezel Dawg

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1qwh709q said:
Agreed. I'm glad he didn't talk, and take the risk of saying something he might regret. Gave himself some time to gather his thoughts

capncrunch

Reaction score
HawksSoc":3bvl4f5v said:
Justin Britt ‏@JustinBritt68 55 secs
I'm very disappointed in myself but I will learn and not make the same mistakes again. Gotta do better..

Cool thing to say for Britt. I like the statement by Burley too. Unfortunate game, They will do better. Denver game should be awesome.

kpak76

Reaction score
At the end of the day you can really point to just one play that was the downfall of this game. It was neither offense or defense that made the mistake but ST. The Harvin fumble while rare was a game changer imo. The defense just couldn't do anything after that happened. They had to spend another series on the field right after an extremely long drive by the Chargers.

This was not the best officiated game either, and I am saying this because we got the breaks. The PH TD that should have been called back and stopping the playlclock with 1:45 or something left in the game should not have happened.

Also I have no idea why Irvin wasn't benched after that stupid mistake he made.

hawk45

Reaction score
If he didn't talk because he was afraid of putting his foot in his mouth, I can support that. It's conspicuous of him to be absent from post-game given his self-created public persona, and it's cringeworthy that he didn't make himself available after a loss. However it might just have been more cringeworthy if he did speak and said something emotional and/or immature.

Perhaps if he shows this same judgment and ability to withhold after wins in the future, it will be believable as some sort of progress towards maturity. If not, then it's pretty clearly a smokescreen for not being able to take what he dishes. It doesn't affect anything on the field, and isn't important in the greater scheme of things, but it takes away the enjoyment of his brash personality and I for one really enjoyed that part about him. Pretty hard to enjoy or defend emotional outbursts after victories now, however, when it seems he *is* able to modulate his emotions and refrain from talking when his own team has nothing to crow about on a given Sunday.

EDIT: His play was just fine. This exposure garbage, he may be exposed one day, but yesterday was not that day.

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":5yaocu6h said:
The whole defense was pathetic. Not a good showing for the best defense in the NFL. Right now the best defense are the Panthers...they lost their best player on defense and still played well against the Lions.

I would still say Kuechly is the Panthers best player on D and Star Lotulelei would be harder to replace. Hardy may be making more money and taking up a franchise tag, but his backups are nothing to sneeze at.

A

Anonymous

MizzouHawkGal":3fmc80yr said:
RolandDeschain":3fmc80yr said:
MizzouHawkGal":3fmc80yr said:
How you and the rest of the high and mighty get off your high horse concerning Sherman and the media? The righteous indignation being shown is petty, sickening and utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and has NOTHING to do with why we lost the game.
*cracks whip*

DOWN, girl! :lol:

(I'm actually not even 100% certain what you're trying to say here, but you're clearly angry with me.)
I meant "Now" but I'm not precisely angry with you or the others just disappointed.

Hey Mizzou, is it like the time you said you were wrong, but after careful consideration, you were mistaken?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3emiwseg said:
MizzouHawkGal":3emiwseg said:
RolandDeschain":3emiwseg said:
MizzouHawkGal":3emiwseg said:
How you and the rest of the high and mighty get off your high horse concerning Sherman and the media? The righteous indignation being shown is petty, sickening and utterly unimportant in the grand scheme of things and has NOTHING to do with why we lost the game.
*cracks whip*

DOWN, girl! :lol:

(I'm actually not even 100% certain what you're trying to say here, but you're clearly angry with me.)
I meant "Now" but I'm not precisely angry with you or the others just disappointed.

Hey Mizzou, is it like the time you said you were wrong, but after careful consideration, you were mistaken?
Just like Garfield. :lol:

volsunghawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1l0vfu00 said:
I honestly don't care to bash Kaep, Harbaugh or Belichick for their abrupt responses either. I'm not in that group.

And again, in a game where multiple Seahawks (not named Sherman) committed mind-boggling penalties and mistakes to give up this game, we're going to focus all the negative attention on a guy who skipped a press conference?

Put me in your camp. I'd rather every player in the league adopted Marshawn's approach to the media. It serves exactly ZERO purpose other than to get some fanboy or another in a tizzy about something that was said. Either the responses are canned and useless, or they're blown up to be some sort of inflammatory garbage.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
DavidSeven":op6w96q2 said:
Sherman takes losses hard. Always has. That's part of who he is.

At the end of the day, his media availability is just immaterial. Why does it matter? Has nothing to do with what's happening on the field, which is all I really care about. This game wasn't lost by our corners. Our LBs and Kam had a rough day, which I'm sure the heat contributed to.

Yep, and I'm sure he'll make up for it later on. Ya think?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No knock on Burley or Thomas, but I rather have Browner back. I wish they could have made a trade with NE to get him back. He would have been the perfect guy to cover Gates. Smith is not big and physical enough to match up to Gates, and KJ Wright is too slow. Not only that but to have for the rest of the season. The Seahawks are going to see a bevy of decent TEs this year. Thomas -Broncs, Jordan Reed - Redskins, Jared Cook- Rams, Greg Olson- Panthers, etc.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
razgriz737":10lbuyg3 said:
CANHawk":10lbuyg3 said:
razgriz737":10lbuyg3 said:
w00t":10lbuyg3 said:
Here's the tweet the account put out after the one in the OP. A Pats fan? Lol wow.

How stupid. Why say something that is honorable with a fake account? At least say something to stir things up a bit if you're going to use a fake account.

hawker84

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2kjwnmcw said:
DavidSeven":2kjwnmcw said:
I honestly don't care to bash Kaep, Harbaugh or Belichick for their abrupt responses either. I'm not in that group.

And again, in a game where multiple Seahawks (not named Sherman) committed mind-boggling penalties and mistakes to give up this game, we're going to focus all the negative attention on a guy who skipped a press conference?

Put me in your camp. I'd rather every player in the league adopted Marshawn's approach to the media. It serves exactly ZERO purpose other than to get some fanboy or another in a tizzy about something that was said. Either the responses are canned and useless, or they're blown up to be some sort of inflammatory garbage.

Yep, count me in as well. Maybe he was not feeling well, maybe he was hurt, or maybe he was just plain pissed. does anybody know why he didn't talk to media? didn't think so.... non story, moving on. He is not the only face of this franchise, there is RW and Pete, they both addressed the media in their always professional manner, good enough for me...

OP
OP
M

MB12

Reaction score
razgriz737":1uka3sct said:
CANHawk":1uka3sct said:
razgriz737":1uka3sct said:
w00t":1uka3sct said:

Oops, sorry!

Anthony!

Reaction score
ivotuk":3t03haj5 said:
MB12":3t03haj5 said:
And what is Sherman doing? Refused to speak to media and this:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RSherman_25/status/511299582077042689[/tweet]

It's true. They did put up a great effort. I think the offense let us down on this one.

you should re watch the game the offense was not the issue at all, the defense they were bad.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
Geez. I can't believe so many 12s can't see why Sherm refusing to talk to the media is just the ultimate B!t@h move. You can't shut your mouth in a victory. Calling players out, finding them after a win to rub it inn their face. Fist time he suffers some adversity and a loss, he high tails it out if there and can't be found?? I'm the biggest homer and apologist ever and even I see how awful and petty it makes him look.

and if you think its just not a big deal, you're living in a different era still. If you can't take it, dont dish it out unlike any player we've ever seen. He's THE example of a cocky, smack talking athlete that has no problem calling another player sorry and mediocre, but doesn't man up after a loss, and its just no big deal. Enjoy spending your time with your head buried in the sand, hope you find some treasure.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
mjwhitay":w2y2bk07 said:
Geez. I can't believe so many 12s can't see why Sherm refusing to talk to the media is just the ultimate B!t@h move. You can't shut your mouth in a victory. Calling players out, finding them after a win to rub it inn their face. Fist time he suffers some adversity and a loss, he high tails it out if there and can't be found?? I'm the biggest homer and apologist ever and even I see how awful and petty it makes him look.

and if you think its just not a big deal, you're living in a different era still. If you can't take it, dont dish it out unlike any player we've ever seen. He's THE example of a cocky, smack talking athlete that has no problem calling another player sorry and mediocre, but doesn't man up after a loss, and its just no big deal. Enjoy spending your time with your head buried in the sand, hope you find some treasure.

What does he have to "man up to"...its not like he got beat at the end of the game and lost. Most of the passes against him were short passes and some of them were on pick plays. Is he responsible for the play of the entire D...no..he is not

Latest posts