UW AT UCLA

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkWow":3kwqteub said:
Christ. Get Wilcox out too.
I still think Wilcox is a good coach, and well be glad he has bombed out of a hc job next year:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
KK84":12klbm8l said:
Horrible last set of downs there. Horrible play calling.

Yeah, I didn't get the second and third down forays into the end zone, time wasn't an issue, UCLA was bring the house, you've got man coverage, how about some crossing or rub routes?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
That holding was bad. We would have had the sack. Just glad they called it.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
74 is doing a lot of grabbing out there, finally got caught.

HawkWow

Reaction score
jkitsune":3whz597y said:
HawkWow":3whz597y said:
Christ. Get Wilcox out too.
I still think Wilcox is a good coach, and well be glad he has bombed out of a hc job next year:

Thanks for that. I thought for sure he was calling a dumbass game. Now I know better. Did we win yet?

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't call a timeout and try a hail mary. Geez Jim.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
bigtrain21":3nitqfoc said:
I wonder why they didn't call a timeout and try a hail mary. Geez Jim.

That's what I was thinking as well. Call time out with a second left and then heave it up.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Help me with this:

Is it my imagination or has both Sark and Carroll been victimized by bad calls since coming to town? Am I imagining this, or are both the Dawgs and Hawks consistently at the top of their respective leagues in penalties since the arrival of these two?

Could it be they are being pounded for cheating at, then bailing from USC? I'm serious....it just seems a bit too coincidental to me. Correct me with your intelligent rebuttal if you would.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Gap Filler":2zm2evwy said:
keith price is hurt, what else is new?

Dude...let's be fair. It's like you getting hurt after being run over by a truck. We wouldn't site you as injury prone, or a wuss, under such a situation. Price isn't big to begin with. The kid is playing on guts. You can thank Sark for his injuries, both this year and last.

seahawk2k

Reaction score
USC always had a boatload of penalties too when both were there. They like their guys playing loose, and sometimes that leads to a lot of penalties.

Sark came after Willingham, the Huskies were terrible, but they are always one of the least penalized teams in the conference.

Carroll came after Holmgren/Mora, Holmgren's teams were constantly in the top five as far as fewest penalties.

As Seattle sports fans, i think it seemed that Sark and Carroll's teams were committing penalties after every play. Yeah, they commit a fair amount of penalties, for the Seahawks, especially early in the year, but I don't think that it has anything to do with some kind of officiating agenda.

I personally can't think of anything that has been called against the Seahawks with Carroll in charge that would even crack the top 20 of bad calls against Holmgren.

HawkWow

Reaction score
seahawk2k":t6b10qq4 said:
USC always had a boatload of penalties too when both were there. They like their guys playing loose, and sometimes that leads to a lot of penalties.

Sark came after Willingham, the Huskies were terrible, but they are always one of the least penalized teams in the conference.

Carroll came after Holmgren/Mora, Holmgren's teams were constantly in the top five as far as fewest penalties.

As Seattle sports fans, i think it seemed that Sark and Carroll's teams were committing penalties after every play. Yeah, they commit a fair amount of penalties, for the Seahawks, especially early in the year, but I don't think that it has anything to do with some kind of officiating agenda.

I personally can't think of anything that has been called against the Seahawks with Carroll in charge that would even crack the top 20 of bad calls against Holmgren.

Thanks. The legit penalties don't bother me. Even in excess...but I'm trying to get my head around WHY so many bad calls against us? I watch an assload of football, but maybe I'm biased, cuz I don't see other teams getting as many game changing calls as the Hawks and Dawgs.

Now ask yourself, this...the way they both left LA, and stripped of a title, is it not possible that they are paying for that exodus now? I seriously believe it's happening. Hope I'm wrong.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
That TD they took away from the UW really hurts. We ended up punting a play later and then held UCLA so not much would have changed. It should be 27-24 if they just gave that bad call back and kept the other bad calls the same.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Excited to see Cyler Miles. I think he's going to be a really good one and is a better fit for this offense then Price.

Latest posts