Zach Charbonnet, UCLA RB

AgentDib

Reaction score
I've been watching UCLA games lately and Zach could be a great addition to our backfield. 6'1" 221lbs power runner who gets to the hole quick and powers forward through contact.

Average mock grade is approximately fourth round. Excellent short yardage back prospect and could be a great change of pace to Walker/Penny.

Charbonnet is less “make you miss” and more “run through you,” which lends to his north-south style.

The UCLA RB owns impressive contact balance, even for a bigger back at 6’1″ and 220 pounds. He shrugs off arm tackles and has the leg drive and pure strength to churn through congested areas.

Additionally, he doesn’t shy away from initiating contact and finishes every run with a sought-after forward lean. That aggressive, determined play style, paired with his nuance as a ball carrier, makes Charbonnet an RB coach’s dream.

Chevy

Reaction score
He is considered one of the top-3 RBs in the draft. He is more likely a 2nd or at worst 3rd round prospect.

Chuckwow

Reaction score
Agreed. As badly as we need defense, this train doesn't run without a stud RB. Walker is obviously fabulous but like most RBs, at one time or another, he's hurt. I'm not huge on Dallas and Penny? He'd have to play for about a 3rd of what he's making now for us to again take that risk and I'd still feel like we need a nother back. Very sad for Penny. So much talent. I like Homer and to me he should be getting a lot more reps...but he's not a 100 YPG guy. Man....my dream of all defense (maybe a center) with our first several picks is now feeling more like a fantasy. We just have to be able to turn to the bench and nod to the guy that's going to come in and get us our 4-5 YPC. The flipside of that? A great RB is a huge add to any defense. So there's that.

GemCity

Reaction score
Love Walker. He’s going to be a good one. But the play style of Pete’s teams seem better suited with a bruising, 4 yards per carry no matter who hits me, bruising type back.

I wanted AJ Dillon and we passed on him.

Penny is still here too. If he could ever stay healthy…. He keeps me on the edge of my seat as I’ve never seen a guy that big with the breakout potential he has.

Two good backs (that include K9) would be more than welcomed.

QWERTY

Reaction score
I doubt Seattle would draft another RB, won't have any carries for the other players at all. Also K9 would be unhappy as well.

DJrmb

Reaction score
They will likely need to draft another RB next year. Penny and Homer are both unrestricted free agents and Dallas is on the last year of his deal. RB is one of those positions you continually bring in young talent to refresh the position.

12forlife

Reaction score
I doubt Seattle would draft another RB, won't have any carries for the other players at all. Also K9 would be unhappy as well.
Don't be surprised with 2 1st rd picks if we don't draft Bijan Robinson or Jahmyr Gibbs. This offense is gonna be built around a run game as long as Pete is in charge. Rumors are Gibbs game is somewhere between Alvin Kamara & Deebo.