CFP Selection: Who does UW play?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
Why not get right down to the brass tacks, and allow Michigan & Washington to square off in the Rose Bowl like they have always done?

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
well it was exactly as i said. washington got screwed

cymatica

Reaction score
Where are they playing?

Edit. Yeah sugar bowl. Complete bs. It would be like playing LSU at a neutral site in Oregon. #3 essentially gets a home game for being ranked lower

Last edited:

NoGain

Reaction score
What I thought was going to happen happened...

1) Michigan
2) UW
3) Texas
4) Alabama

I thought there was an outside chance it could be...

1) UW
2) Michigan
3) Texas
4) Alabama

...because UW had the harder schedule and the harder opponent in their conference championship game.

I pretty much thought FSU was going to get screwed, and that they wouldn't keep the SEC out of it. A little bummed that UW is not playing in Pasadena.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Where are they playing?

Edit. Yeah sugar bowl. Complete bs. It would be like playing LSU at a neutral site in Oregon. #3 essentially gets a home game for being ranked lower
yep UW got totally screwed here.

What I thought was going to happen happened...

1) Michigan
2) UW
3) Texas
4) Alabama

I thought there was an outside chance it could be...

1) UW
2) Michigan
3) Texas
4) Alabama

...because UW had the harder schedule and the harder opponent in their conference championship game.

I pretty much thought FSU was going to get screwed, and that they wouldn't keep the SEC out of it. A little bummed that UW is not playing in Pasadena.
uw got screwed not playing in Pasadena. what a joke

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
Just a quick FYI, Washington beat Texas in a bowl game last year in San Antonio.

It doesn't matter who we play. Bring 'em on.
im aware of that but it still doesnt make it fair. having to play in enemy territory when you get ranked higher is BS. should have played FSU

NoGain

Reaction score
yep UW got totally screwed here.

uw got screwed not playing in Pasadena. what a joke
Yeah, it's pretty close to a home game for Texas in New Orleans, a more difficult travel for UW fans. For me, however, I slightly feared Alabama more than Texas because you'd give the best coach in college football almost a whole month to prepare for UW, and I like DeBoer over Sarkesian as a head coach.

Bottom line, though, these four teams are pretty evenly matched.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I like the match up but what an absolute travesty that the final pac12 champion isn’t playing in the Rose Bowl.

What a way to shit on the history and the higher ranked team.

There isn’t even a case for logistics. How can a committee of knowledgeable people consistently screw shit up.

cymatica

Reaction score
I like the match up but what an absolute travesty that the final pac12 champion isn’t playing in the Rose Bowl.

What a way to shit on the history and the higher ranked team.

There isn’t even a case for logistics. How can a committee of knowledgeable people consistently screw shit up.
Almost like they are pushing for a Texas Alabama rematch

NoGain

Reaction score
Well if the CFP championship game is going to be played in Houston, Texas, the best case scenario would be a UW vs. Michigan championship game, IMO.

warden

Reaction score
You want to be the best, you have to be able to beat the best no matter where it is played.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
I think the UW runs them where ever they play, it just hits me as a lost opportunity to cap the end of the PAC12… for most of my life the Rose Bowl was synonymous with the PAC Champion.

And a big FU to the sec…not the nation’s fault your conference didn’t have an undefeated team.

Can you imagine busting your ass to go undefeated and win your Championship to be told you only got there because of one player…straight trash

NoGain

Reaction score
In the AP poll and the Coaches poll, FSU finished in the top four in both, 3rd in one, and 4th in the other.

NoGain

Reaction score
The early line for the semifinal games...

--Michigan 2 point favorite over Alabama
--Texas 4 point favorite over UW

Of course Texas was going to be the favorite over us. LOL

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Almost like they are pushing for a Texas Alabama rematch
That stupid thing where the number 1 seed gets to “pick” where is asinine.

We all knew UW for the most part would not get the number 1 and Michigan was very likely to get number 1 and then choose the Rose Bowl.

CFP playoffs and the committee have failed time and time again.

I’m so over it.

But, even though, I’d rather we (Washington) play in the Rose Bowl, I will still take being in the playoffs and playing anywhere than not being in.

Florida State was screwed and rightfully so, their strength of schedule was not worthy but leaving a Power 5 conference champion, an undefeated one, at that, is a terrible precedent, but it is what it is.

I’ll take the Huskies in the playoffs and playing Texas cause UW has played Texas and knows Texas.

I think UW has a great chance at going to the Natty and playing either Bama or Michigan.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The early line for the semifinal games...

--Michigan 2 point favorite over Alabama
--Texas 4 point favorite over UW

Of course Texas was going to be the favorite over us. LOL
Yeah, what else is new.

Oh, well, UW beat Texas, last year and they can beat them again this playoffs!

Bring Texas on, them being favorites, whatever, UW will always the Underdogs, that’s nothing new to us!

NoGain

Reaction score
From the FSU athletic director...

"Wins matter. Losses matter. Those that compete in the arena know this," Alford said. "Those on the committee who also competed in the sport and should have known this have forgotten it. Today, they changed the way success is assessed in college football, from a tangible metric -- winning on the field -- to an intangible, subjective one. Evidently, predicting the future matters more.

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators."

Well said...