CFP Selection: Who does UW play?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think the UW runs them where ever they play, it just hits me as a lost opportunity to cap the end of the PAC12… for most of my life the Rose Bowl was synonymous with the PAC Champion.

And a big FU to the sec…not the nation’s fault your conference didn’t have an undefeated team.

Can you imagine busting your ass to go undefeated and win your Championship to be told you only got there because of one player…straight trash
Yeah, pretty much a slap in the face to FSU.

The committee is arguing FSU didn’t not play anyone this year.

To an extent, FSU, has a pretty soft schedule, but damn, if you are an FSU coach, player, school official, fan, you are pissed!!!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
From the FSU athletic director...

"Wins matter. Losses matter. Those that compete in the arena know this," Alford said. "Those on the committee who also competed in the sport and should have known this have forgotten it. Today, they changed the way success is assessed in college football, from a tangible metric -- winning on the field -- to an intangible, subjective one. Evidently, predicting the future matters more.

"For many of us, today's decision by the committee has forever damaged the credibility of the institution that is the College Football Playoff. And, saddest of all, it was self-inflicted. They chose predictive competitiveness over proven performance; subjectivity over fact. They have become a committee of prognosticators."

Well said...
Considering Florida State has a reputation of a party school and not great academics, they couldn’t have said this any better.

Chapow

Reaction score
This is a tough one for me (the FSU situation).

I believe FSU earned a spot in the playoffs by virtue of going undefeated in a power 5 conference and winning their conference championship game. I mean, that has to matter and it has to matter a lot, imo.

Here's where it gets hard for me. Do I believe that FSU, without Jordan Travis, is one of the 4 best teams in the country? No. No I don't. Do I believe that FSU right now, today, is better than Alabama or Texas? No. No I don't. Honestly, I don't think they're better than Georgia or Ohio State either.

I think both sides of this discussion have strong points and I can understand why the CFP committee made the decisions they did. Having said that, it just doesn't feel right, imo.

NoGain

Reaction score
Looking at the schedules, UW should be #1. Michigan played 3 ranked opponents. Washington played 4 and 2 of those were top 10 wins
There was definitely a good argument for UW over Michigan for the #1 seed. Strength of schedule: UW 11th and Michigan 40th. And clearly UW had the harder conference championship opponent in Oregon. I thought Oregon was playing the best overall football in all college football toward the end of the season, even making them 9.5 point favorites over the Huskies in the Pac 12 championship game. Iowa, if you checked in on that game, was the most woebegone offensive team for a top team I can remember seeing. They were awful.

Anyway though...no surprise to me that Michigan came in as the #1 seed.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Great matchup for UW. Texas has a very weak secondary and will have to deal with the FBS passing leader with Odunze, Polk, and JMac all at full strength, and UW's surprisingly strong running game. That's a recipe for disaster for Texas.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I texted my SIL <edit - son in law> last evening (Eastern Time) that if the #1, 2, and 4 teams all won we would be bounced down to #5 by the CFP "because SEC". I was right, except it was FSU that got the shaft instead of us.

<also edit> Oregon neener neener neener!!!!

Chapow

Reaction score
I texted my SIL last evening (Eastern Time) that if the #1, 2, and 4 teams all won we would be bounced down to #5 by the CFP "because SEC". I was right, except it was FSU that got the shaft instead of us.

There was never even the slightest chance in hell that UW was going to be left out after they beat Oregon on Friday night.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Oregon loses 2 games, both to us, and gets looked like they are on the same level as Liberty. I hope they're feeling the burn! 😆😆😆😂😂🤣🤣😂😂😅🥲🥲
Liberty is 13-0 with a surprisingly good dual threat QB Kaiden Salter

He put up really nice numbers, the level of competition of course played into that yet undefeated is a tough accomplishment.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if Nix decides to pass on the bowl game to get ready for the draft.

Would love to see Liberty hit them with the ole Boise St

NoGain

Reaction score
Liberty is 13-0 with a surprisingly good dual threat QB Kaiden Salter

He put up really nice numbers, the level of competition of course played into that yet undefeated is a tough accomplishment.

An I wouldn’t be surprised if Nix decides to pass on the bowl game to get ready for the draft.

Would love to see Liberty hit them with the ole Boise St
Liberty is going to get massacred by Oregon, Bo Nix or no Bo Nix. Does anybody REALLY think this is going to be a competitive game? That's some wishful thinking.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Liberty is going to get massacred by Oregon, Bo Nix or no Bo Nix. Does anybody REALLY think this is going to be a competitive game? That's some wishful thinking.
If there is anything college football has taught me is when it comes to bowl season the underdogs sometimes have more to play for.
But hey, if you’re so confident you should go put some $$$ on the game.

NoGain

Reaction score
If there is anything college football has taught me is when it comes to bowl season the underdogs sometimes have more to play for.
But hey, if you’re so confident you should go put some $$$ on the game.
I don't gamble on games.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Michigan's Head Coach has also been serving a suspension because they cheated... but that doesn't matter right?

cymatica

Reaction score
I texted my SIL <edit - son in law> last evening (Eastern Time) that if the #1, 2, and 4 teams all won we would be bounced down to #5 by the CFP "because SEC". I was right, except it was FSU that got the shaft instead of us.

<also edit> Oregon neener neener neener!!!!
Washington was guaranteed in based on their strength of schedule.

Latest posts