Why Not PC for UW?

NoGain

Reaction score
It hit me like a thunderbolt tonight. I may have heard the idea from someone/somewhere else, but it REALLY hit me tonight. If UW can't secure their first or second choice, who the effing better to call than PC? I'm serious. What would create a bigger national buzz than PC returning to coach the college ranks at UW? No, he might not be the longer term answer, but after the HUGE deflation of DeBoer leaving today, is there ANYTHING/ANYONE who could fill that vaccum more than PC? I'm serious. Anyone else?

The guy's a master recruiter. And his energy is almost better geared for the college level. And...think of this...what would put more people in the seats at Husky stadium, create more of a buzz, attract more of the attention of recruits, elicit more NIL money to spend than effing PC?

I need someone to reason with me. Because I don't see the downside of this.

James in PA

Reaction score
I don't think any of the top high school recruits are going to want to commit to a guy who is already well past retirement age.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
I don't think any of the top high school recruits are going to want to commit to a guy who is already well past retirement age.
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. If UW announced that PC was the new HC, I bet any recruit, any signee, and potentiail recruit or signee that was thinking of changing their mind would hit the pause button. PC is a legendary coach. Make no mistake. Legendary coach. Whatever you may think of him at the end of his career as Hawks HC, it would create a gigantic buzz around the program if he signed on. I'd bet my house on it.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about. If UW announced that PC was the new HC, I bet any recruit, any signee, and potentiail recruit or signee that was thinking of changing their mind would hit the pause button. PC is a legendary coach. Make no mistake. Legendary coach. Whatever you may think of him at the end of his career as Hawks HC, it would create a gigantic buzz around the program if he signed on. I'd bet my house on it.
I actually can agree with this, it's pretty sound logic. As James said, age might be an issue but everything else checks out. I think college players would love to play for Pete considering his reputation and to get as much preparation for the pros as possible.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a household name in the football world. I would love him at UW. High school football players know who Pete is. Recruiting would be no problem.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I’d hate to see Pete coaching against SC, but I think it could make a lot of sense if UW hired him for a couple of years and paid Grubb to stay as OC and head coach in waiting.

OP
OP
N

NoGain

Reaction score
PC, it seems to me, would stop the bleeding, create a buzz around the program, be a recruiting draw, an alumni money draw, and he could help set the program up for after he retires. In other words, he wouldn't be going anywhere else, like Deboer, and so could possibly be a good custodian for the longer term interests of the program.

Doesn't he have to be at least interviewed, hear what he has to say?