UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed

rjdriver

Reaction score
What is dead money? I'm unfamiliar with that term.

mikeak

Reaction score
Spent money big we cut him today then we are paying that guaranteed.

I really like the contract especially the guaranteed money split with the money I injure portion only. I also like a six year deal. A four or five then he would still be getting a secon big contract. Probably doesn't happen now. Finally pretty even spread over the years so stays incentivized.

High cost in trade, fair contract overall good deal and it tells me Perxy wanted his payday BUT he wanted to be a part of a good team an a fair deal to all

Ninerguy

Reaction score
what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?

BigMeach

Reaction score
Well let's be honest, who was throwing him the ball? Now he has RW. He will put up big numbers for sure.

Decimation

Reaction score
Ninerguy":38kwlq0f said:
what are you the fans expectations for Harvins receiving yards, if he stays healthy, for 2013?

He has never even had 1000 yards receiving in a season, are your expectations that he surpasses 1000 yards in 2013?
Yes. Because he won't have to deal with an incompetent organization and come to a real one with a REAL quarterback.. He will break 1000 receiving yards this year easily, and you will witness it. Boldin? Idk. He hasn't had an 1000 year season since Arizona, soo.. there's that. (just throwing that out there)

The Outfield

Reaction score
Ninerguy":2s6hh9ba said:

Hard to say, given that we have Tate and Rice who will be sucking up a good amount of yardage as well. Also, Miller and Wilson seemed to have made a better connection near the end of the season, so that might take some yards away from the WRs too. But he can be such a weapon that I can't say he won't end up with 1000+ yards.

Ninerguy

Reaction score
Decimation":y6br6vro said:
Ninerguy":y6br6vro said:

Yes. Because he won't have to deal with an incompetent organization and come to a real one with a REAL quarterback.. He will break 1000 receiving yards this year easily, and you will witness it. Boldin? Idk. He hasn't had an 1000 year season since Arizona, soo.. there's that. (just throwing that out there)

I guess Favre wasnt a real quarterback...probably wont make it to the HOF right? Harvin may or may not have 1000 yds, I think he could do it.
Im just asking your opinion, to get a feel for hawk fans expectations...btw, I do not expect Boldin to have 1000 yards at all, 8-900 will be fine! we still have Crabtree and Vernon Davis to feed the ball to, I am hoping Boldin is more os a redzone threat honestly

pinksheets

Reaction score
Harvin doesn't need to hit 1000 yards. What he's going to add to this offense is a level of versatility and unpredictability that will be the tide that raises all ships. That's what he brings that somebody like Boldin certainly doesn't. He's taking an already explosive, versatile, unpredictable offense and pushing into the realm of absurdity.

If you're just looking at Percy's stat line and thinking you've got an idea of what he does or what to expect, you're missing the point in an embarrassing way.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
i dont expect Harvin to have a 110 catch 1200 yard season like he would have last year, as one of the only weapons on his team.

Wilson isn't that type of QB.

I do expect one of PH's stats to be consistent though. Many of his runs, and catches, went for 1st downs. Among the league leaders in 1st downs gained in 9 games.

That's more valuable to touchdowns then me if drives stay alive then somebody else can have the touchdown.

I predict 800 yards receiving.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Ninerguy":38w7bxct said:
Decimation":38w7bxct said:
Ninerguy":38w7bxct said:

I guess Favre wasnt a real quarterback...probably wont make it to the HOF right? Harvin may or may not have 1000 yds, I think he could do it.
Im just asking your opinion, to get a feel for hawk fans expectations...btw, I do not expect Boldin to have 1000 yards at all, 8-900 will be fine! we still have Crabtree and Vernon Davis to feed the ball to, I am hoping Boldin is more os a redzone threat honestly

You're absolutely right, Favre did throw to Harvin. In 2009, the year of health for Sidney Rice, Percy Harvin, and Brett Favre. Between the two WR's they amassed over 2,100 passing yards. So I would use that as a good meter since they are both on our team. :)

Oh and he was on pace to hit over 1,200 yards last year. But he did get injured so who knows what really would have happened.

heyu123

Reaction score
That's a pretty good contract. I'm surprised that they were able to get him to agree to the injury provision in terms of the guaranteed money part.

hai

Reaction score
Ninerguy":3e0m7kb9 said:
Decimation":3e0m7kb9 said:
Ninerguy":3e0m7kb9 said:

Farve was the QB throwing to PH, but Farve's main guy is also with us, Rice, that when he actually went to the ProBowl.
The expectation of PH for me as a hardcore fan, i believe PH certainly at least participate in all play-off games and most of the season. Also, to answer your yardage question, i believe PH has to minimally get 1000 all purpose yards every year either through special teams, RB, WR, etc...
But to specifically answer WR yards since most are answering it like that, i believe a 750-850 yards per year will be amazing considering that i believe he has to have 1000 all purpose yards and our style, this will be the ultimate running team with all of our weapons, they cannot stack the box anymore, like the rams, 9ers, and cards have been doing. Lynch will have a monster year with our line i think will probably add another probowler in maybe Carpenter, i see it in him.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I think Percy Harvins versatility and explosiveness will be great for this offense but I doubt he goes for much more than 800 yards receiving and 9 or 10 touchdowns considering how run centric this offense is(and don't kid yourself Pete is and always will be run first). Not to mention Wilson is not going to suddenly stop throwing to Sidney Rice and Golden Tate. I'm thinking some here have some unrealistic expectations of what Percy will be able to do here. Not saying he won't be an asset that makes this team more explosive and harder to game plan for, but for what his actual numbers are (and probably will be here) I still think we are overpaying. But I guess you do what you have to get the piece you want.

Sturm

Reaction score
Ninerguy":y6zjnf3p said:
Decimation":y6zjnf3p said:
Ninerguy":y6zjnf3p said:

Harvin was with Favre for the first 2 years of his career. How many WRs excel in their first 2 years in the NFL? Answer: Not many.

BTW, playing with a crappy QB last year, he was on pace to hit 116 receptions over the course of 16 games. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Yeah, total receiving yards is not a good stat to gauge the production of our WRs in this offense. We're going to spread it around. We're going to run the ball. We're going to use Miller. Doug is going to continue to get snaps. Things are going to open up for Golden and Sidney on the edges. Harvin is also going to see his share of touches in various run packages.

There is going to be a cumulative effect that Harvin has on the entire offense that goes far beyond his own receiving yards. Very possible for him to make a huge impact in this specific offenses while getting far less than 1,000 yards receiving.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

ErikG803

Reaction score
Even I on the the outlay couldn't help but admire that Anquan Boldin was had for the second-to-last natural pick in the 6th. Regardless, after watching up on Percy Harvin and seeing him at the presser today I have no doubt that this deal will pay off in spades for the Seahawks over the course of YEARS. What an addition

pinksheets

Reaction score
Couldn't care less what the media jabber is.

All of the talk about compensation for either trade is fun, but we picked up an elite gamechanging playmaking young talent, the 9ers got an aging possession receiver type that doesn't really add anything they didn't already have.