UPDATED: Harvin's contract 6y/$67m $14.5m guaranteed

FreshlySnipes

Reaction score
I'm so happy. Go to Seahawks.com and watch the press conference and harvins address to the fans... He is so excited to be a Seahawk and is obviously going to put everything he has into his time here. I think it could turn out to be the best trade we have had, next to lynch. I was kinda skeptical till I watched the videos and press conference.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
The best part of that deal is, if Boldin retires...SF loses their 6th anyway.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I've seen a few things that indicate the Seahawks are not a well liked team seems like every move the seahawks make comes with scrutiny. I remember seeing picks made against seattle (in games)no matter how far they have come but i think it comes down to the way we have beaten some of the most well liked teams(Packers,Patriots,9ers,) in the NFL and when your favorite teams gettin beat you tend not to like the team thats doin it. It seems to me alot of these analysts favor those teams but i like it that way it gives our players that chip on their shoulder and that has been doin us just fine.

A HATERS GONNA HATE

The Radish

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2cqkzlkt said:
Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

No cause its nothing new so why get worked up about it? I swear Blitz some people just look for something to worry/be insulted about. If we won the next 2 SBs the ninnirs would still get more print that we do.

Its just more of the same, can't believe anyone here is worrying about it after the love the media has shown for RW.

:141847_bnono:

Rose City Hawk

Reaction score
I actually kinda find myself a bit offput by the media hype. Don't want it, don't need it. Who cares what the talking heads say about this or that, we know the talent we have on our team, let our play speak to the world.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I don't know what you're watching but Ive heard nothing but praise from the talking heads. Maybe its because I don't watch ESPN.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Course the Niners are going to be cuddled until everyone else hurls...The Giants were the year before...etc etc. Conference Champions are going to get the resepct. We want it, gotta take it.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Blitzer88":pvuen8j9 said:
Man I was so pumped for the Harvin deal, but today all I have heard and seen from the talking heads and media outlets is what a great trade the Niners made and how much better they are because of it and granted they are better with Bouldin. Yet for us it always seems to come back to the idea that we overpaid and all the potential negatives and attitude problems revolving around Harvin. Anyone else annoyed by the negative or more critical views of our trade as opposed to the Niners trade?

Well its a massive story with lots of mitigating factors and risks for both sides. Why ignore that very obvious and very intriguing storylines?

Boldin to the 9ers is just bland business. A good deal, but not a potential game changer.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Vegas has us a new super bowl favorite. What more do you need?

I prefer fear to love, at least in football.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2exy29of said:

Oh jeez.

Look, Harvin DOES come with baggage, and we DID pay a lot for him - both in terms of contract dollars and draft picks. That stuff is fair to point out. But all the discussion of Harvin has ALSO included the fact that he's one of the most explosive playmakers in the league and that the Seahawks offense is downright scary. I've seen more than one pundit suggest that Seattle is the NFC favorite now, or at the very least, they're neck and neck with last year's NFC SB rep.

As for Boldin and the 49ers, that WAS a great trade for the 49ers. Seriously. They've got a loaded team, as well, and it's unlikely that a 6th round pick is going to make a real impact for that team. So turning a 6th round pick into Anquan Boldin was a very good move for them. They had a hole at WR, and if Boldin plays even close to the way he played in last season's playoffs, it's a HUGE steal for them - even if it's only for 1 year at $6 million.

If you're upset that the 49ers are getting good coverage for the Boldin trade, then you're screwed because they DESERVE good coverage for it. If you're upset because all you're hearing is negative and critical views on our Harvin trade, then I'd suggest that you're letting an inferiority complex get you down, because there's been a TON of good press for the Seahawks on this one, and you're just hearing what you expect to hear.

In fact, since our game against Chicago last season, the Seahawks have been getting a massive amount of attention from the national media. That was a huge win, and we followed it up with a series of beatdowns. We took down the league's golden boy in RGIII and were favored by many to beat the #1 seed in their own house. Our game against Atlanta was one of the best of the entire year, and it showcased the Seahawks as contenders. For a team that wasn't even in the conference championships last season, we're getting tons of press. If we can get a SB appearance or two over the next few years, we'll start being seen as one of the league's marquee teams.

I'm not sure this board can handle that.

Largent80

Reaction score
Who cares, we got one of the most dynamic, talented players in the world, they got an aging unspectacular player.

It isn't even close.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Besides, the Niners and Hawks were not in a competition to see who culd have the best signing on a specific day, they were trying to make their teams better, and they did. For now. The rest is bullshit to make you watch commercials.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2y0gw4k8 said:
Do yourself a favor, turn off the TV or radio if it bothers you so much. Just a suggestion.

TJH

Reaction score
Man....Seahawks fans really need to get over the insecurity and stop looking to the media for affirmation.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Scottemojo":2gv8cosu said:
Vegas has us a new super bowl favorite. What more do you need?

I prefer fear to love, at least in football.

Perfectly said.

BallHawk

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but good criticism from the media heads on NFL network. They all say that this is a win-win trade. The key word I keep hearing from them is that this makes the team more "dynamic". Then they move on a say we still need a pass rusher.