Twitter blowing up about Richard Sherman

sutz

Reaction score
"Listening to offers" is a far cry from "shopping him around." We have quite a few good players. I'd assume the FO gets calls all the time with some kind of inquiry about availability of players for dealing.

chris98251

Reaction score
Every team listens to everyone, they may laugh afterwards but they listen, this is nothing but a bunch of bullshit to get fans riled up, make someone have to explain something or see if they can goad Sherman into saying something that becomes a story.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
This is what I typed in a different chat room...he he he.....I suppose I can troll after all.....

SeahawkFan80: Well ok...for 5 first round picks...3 second round picks and 4 7th round picks...
SeahawkFan80 3 minutes ago - SeahawkFan80: NO...we will not be trading the Sherminator....

Jerhawk

Reaction score
If Seattle was to move him, that other team better trade us their entire draft

Sports Hernia

Reaction score

El Caliente

Reaction score
I'm a Saints fan, and I enjoy visiting your board. You guys are a fun group.

Right now we are involved in discussions with New England about Malcom Butler. Apparently, they want a first round pick for him. I don't know any Saints fan willing to give up that much for Butler, its just a stupid idea to give up either our 1st round pick, or the 1st round pick that the Pats gave us for Cooks.

The reason I bring this up is for 2 reasons:
1) Sean Payton said that we were not going to trade Brandon Cooks, but we were open to listening to offers. We said the same thing about Jimmy Graham. What happened to both of those guys?
2) If the Saints think giving up a first for a cb, you need to send it to Seattle for Sherman, not to NE for Butler. What has Butler done to deserve a 1st round pick? I can tell you why Richard is worth a 1st.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
El Caliente":i4utnaid said:

Right now we are involved in discussions with New England about Malcom Butler. Apparently, they want a first round pick for him. I don't know any Saints fan willing to give up that much for Butler, its just a stupid idea to give up either our 1st round pick, or the 1st round pick that the Pats gave us for Cooks.

1) Sean Payton said that we were not going to trade Brandon Cooks, but we were open to listening to offers. We said the same thing about Jimmy Graham. What happened to both of those guys?
2) If the Saints think giving up a first for a cb, you need to send it to Seattle for Sherman, not to NE for Butler. What has Butler done to deserve a 1st round pick? I can tell you why Richard is worth a 1st.
With all due respect, Seattle and NO's operate differently. It's not going to happen but does NO even have the cap room for Sherman? I thought they were in cap hell, that's why they traded Cooks and Graham?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
The only cancer on this team is falling short of the Super Bowl. The players are frustrated because they know they could be there perennially if not for a handful of bad plays and an injury or two. They're passionate, they want to win, and they're used to being affirmed as individuals by Pete so they speak their minds.

The present malcontent is nothing that another ring wouldn't cure.

As far as Sherman...the Seahawks would probably trade Russell Wilson if the price were high enough (as in a 1st, a 2nd, next year's 1st, and maybe a backup CB thrown in). Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. I've been wrong before, and there's always That One Stupid Team, but I'd question whether anyone would want to pick up Sherman's attitude right no. That mouth of his has glued him to the Seahawks.

Hyak

Reaction score
I love Sherman the player but if NO offered pick 11 for him, the Seahawks would at least have to think about it. And not for his actions during the season but for simple economics.

His current deal runs through 2018 and I think it's a viable question pertaining to how many of the core Seahawks are going to be in line for 3rd contracts on the other side of 30. This may be the perfect time to sell high and get more draft capital in one that is pretty loaded on CB's that PC likes.

You can make the same argument for the other defensive core players. One or 2 may see 3rd contracts but not all of them will.

El Caliente

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ui8w8gc said:
El Caliente":3ui8w8gc said:

With all due respect, Seattle and NO's operate differently. It's not going to happen but does NO even have the cap room for Sherman? I thought they were in cap hell, that's why they traded Cooks and Graham?

No we have about $15m in cap space available, and we will be releasing Byrd in June, so that will give us an aditional $7.5m. We are fine cap wise.

We traded Jimmy and Cooks because our offense can run fine without them, but our defense is a POS. We traded them to acquire picks to draft defensive talent...which we haven't done yet.

Atradees

Reaction score
I would just hang on to Sherman. Hes talented and we love him in Seattle. The Legion of Boom has always had a chip on its shoulder and nothing has changed. Coach would likely suggest interlocking arms during the anthem to show togetherness. Besides, our last few drafts have failed to provide any real talent. Id rather have Sherman than some picks.

A-Dog

Reaction score
The only way this makes sense is if we're trying to stock picks to move up in the draft. If Cleveland is listening to offers for Myles Garrett I'd see what I could do.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
A-Dog":wrrqejv2 said:
The only way this makes sense is if we're trying to stock picks to move up in the draft. If Cleveland is listening to offers for Myles Garrett I'd see what I could do.

Well that is not going to happen. I'm going with this doesn't make sense.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
A-Dog":tnbgo8yq said:

Why would we need Myles Garrett??

chris98251

Reaction score
When he said the secondary isn't important it's the front seven you know he is full of shit and doesn't know how Pete built this team. First we rotate what 9 or ten guys on the D line, the loss of Earl late last year and Sherm being hurt also showed the secondary's importance.

Not to say the line isn't important but we have interchanged a lot of players there and made our secondary constant except Right Corner.

NINEster

Reaction score
Pete Carroll to the Cleveland Browns for 2017/2018/2019 first round picks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's in the mainstream media, although they're quoting the same sources:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/ear ... 49da94c0dd

It would have to be a huge, blockbuster trade, like a #1 pick and a starting quality player, but I would not hang up on a team calling to inquire about Sherman. Richard is still at the top of his game, but he will be turning 29 in a few days so you can't count on his staying that way for long. As one poster said, buy low and sell high. Sherman's stock will never be higher than it is today.

If and when it happens, it will be a sad day, though.