Reaction score
This guy may be a bit more legit??

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/842542844929884160[/tweet]

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25s51zua said:
Seymour":25s51zua said:
Subzero717":25s51zua said:
If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Lombardi is with the Ringer. No integrity and needing hits.

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.
Trading Sherm while your Super Bowl window is still open is BEYOND dumb.
Do you realize how hard good corners are to come by, they don't grow on trees.

Plus if you get rid of Sherm, the cancer (DB) is still there, and you've accomplished nothing except creating a huge hole in your defense for a couple of draft picks that may not amount to squat.

You are saying Baldwin is the cancer?

Anyway, if someone is a cancer (enough signs are there), then talent is not always going to save them. They may also believe he is on a decline or not likely to sign here again.
Also, using the Patriots as an example, if Wilson and Pete are still here, our window should not be closing.

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seymour":34srf9lx said:
Subzero717":34srf9lx said:
If history is any indication, it's a bunch of nothing. No one saw, heard the Graham or Harvin X2 trade coming. I think tight lips are mandatory in dealing with JS. Add to that JS stood and defended, professed his love for and then called him elite player I would be shocked.

Graham and Harvin both were brought in, and Graham and Harvin were both rumored to be on the block, in fact Peyton said pretty much anyone was negotiable after their crap season. If we were to want to shop Sherm, the Seahawks would have to put word out so all 31 could consider this for their best chance at a good value for him. So eliminating the possibility because the word is out does not make sense IMO.

We traded Harvin and no one I can remember called it.

Even if we put it out there, with a player of Sherms stature I'm sure it would be a quiet move. Im sure it might have happened but I cant think of one situation, where something like this got out. I even remember but cant think of which deal that Schneider mentioned keeping it quiet was appreciated and something he values.

Lets not forget he, as of today, is our only healthy starter quality CB. I get it is a deep draft. None of those guys are NFL starting caliber for sure. Not one do we know for sure. Trying to land Lang, giving Joekel the deal they did, Graham in his last year, Kam, etc they to me seem to be in more of a win this year. They are every year but those are moves to make a run this year. I cant see trading, to quote Schneider, "An elite player." Especially after going that hard at a 30 year OG.

Seymour

Reaction score
Subzero717":1j1gexfz said:
Seymour":1j1gexfz said:
Subzero717":1j1gexfz said:

Even if we put it out there, with a player of Sherms stature I'm sure it would be a quiet move. Im sure it might have happened but I cant think of one situation, where something like this got out. I even remember but cant think of which deal that Schneider mentioned keeping it quiet was appreciated and something he values.

Lets not forget he, as of today, is our only healthy starter quality CB. I get it is a deep draft. None of those guys are NFL starting caliber for sure. Not one do we know for sure. Trying to land Lang, giving Joekel the deal they did, Graham in his last year, Kam, etc they to me seem to be in more of a win this year. They are every year but those are moves to make a run this year. I cant see trading, to quote Schneider, "An elite player." Especially after going that hard at a 30 year OG.

Bologna. He was up for a couple of weeks. Listen to Rapaport...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-seahawks-trade-percy-harvin-to-new-york-jets

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Seymour":2nywnw9n said:
Sports Hernia":2nywnw9n said:
Seymour":2nywnw9n said:
Subzero717":2nywnw9n said:

Trading Sherm while your Super Bowl window is still open is BEYOND dumb.
Do you realize how hard good corners are to come by, they don't grow on trees.

Plus if you get rid of Sherm, the cancer (DB) is still there, and you've accomplished nothing except creating a huge hole in your defense for a couple of draft picks that may not amount to squat.

You are saying Baldwin is the cancer?

Anyway, if someone is a cancer (enough signs are there), then talent is not always going to save them. They may also believe he is on a decline or not likely to sign here again.
Also, using the Patriots as an example, if Wilson and Pete are still here, our window should not be closing.
Nope, the OC with the same initials.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
You don't think Baldwin would become a cancer if they traded Sherm?

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seymour":2bso6wj8 said:
Subzero717":2bso6wj8 said:
Seymour":2bso6wj8 said:
Subzero717":2bso6wj8 said:

Bologna. He was up for a couple of weeks. Listen to Rapaport...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-seahawks-trade-percy-harvin-to-new-york-jets

Show me something, a tweet, anything that Rapport posted before that staes we were shopping Harvin abd I might buy it. The article itself is on NFL.com whom Rapaport is also employed by calls the transaction "stunning."

It doesn't change the fact he is our only starting quality CB on the roster and elite.

RussB

Reaction score
WHAT? no way. Hes too valueable would be stupid. Hes still a top 5 corner in the league and arguably the best when healthy. Now jimmy graham is the guy they need to be dealing not sherman.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25o571o0 said:
Nope, the OC with the same initials.

Ya, figured that out after the post. Well on that, I agree and disagree. I agree he is a problem and holds the team back. But disagree he is a cancer. A cancer is an infectious "sore" on the team that spreads throughout the locker room. IMO Bevell doesn't qualify for that, he is just an idiot, which in many ways means Pete is the real problem since he stands by him.

getnasty

Reaction score
dutchcoug":1xgobfry said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/lockdownlipp/status/842536544128897024[/tweet]

I would take that deal in a heartbeat

Seymour

Reaction score
Subzero717":3auc61yc said:
Show me something, a tweet, anything that Rapport posted before that staes we were shopping Harvin abd I might buy it. The article itself is on NFL.com whom Rapaport is also employed by calls the transaction "stunning."

It doesn't change the fact he is our only starting quality CB on the roster and elite.

I'm not searching that anymore, so is what it is. He said on that video interview he was up for a couple of weeks. If that doesn't do it for you, so be it.
Anyway, yes no more top corners here, but strong in the draft. And a trade could include a corner also. As I stated, if considered a cancer, talent will not always save your job.

sdog1981

Reaction score
This is the wise Patriots style move. Salary Cap football is what makes this stuff happen. You don't keep guys forever, and that is just a fact. Look at the Pats they got rid of Ty Law and Lawyer Milloy at their peek and all they did was go 28-4 and win two more Superbowls. Get the picks and get young on defense with a young except for Wilson offense.

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Teams don't tend to trade high draft picks anymore for older veterans making huge salaries. Except maybe for a QB. Perhaps a playoff contender would be willing to give a low first rounder or two second round draft picks for Sherman, but I think The Seahawks would prefer to keep Sherman over that offer. It would take a top 15 draft pick to entice the Hawks.

BigMeach

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. EVERY player is available for trade offers. If some team is going to come in and offer you a ridiculous amount of value vs. the players value of course it's looked at. Even JJ Watt would have offers heard about him if they were worth while. There is NO player in this league that cannot be traded for the right amount of value.

On the other hand, if the Seahawks are actively calling other teams to look for deals for Sherm, that is a different story altogether. But it sounds to me like this is just nonsensical reporting. You could say this about ANY player.