Richard Sherman interviews Pete Carroll

TwilightError

Reaction score
Thank you for posting this Lagartixa! That was just so good. Loved every second of it. Sherm even got Pete to use swear words a couple of times 😆 Such emotion. It took me ten years back with the great memories too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sherm is a huge part of the entire history of the Seahawks ... all the great things and some of the strange things. If you're a Seahawks fan you just have to accept that the Richard Sherman experience is part of that. You have to admit --- the great far exceeds whatever crazy stuff might stick in your craw.
I love on the field Sherm. Sorry if I don't worship the guy. I wore his Jersey, he's all time great Hawk. Doesn't mean he doesn't get on my nerves. And it certainly doesn't make me any less of a fan. I'm not required to love off the field me me me Sherm.
And for the record, I did watch it, and it was good.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I know fans really criticized Sherman when he left but I think most of everything I've heard him say about the team was true.

uncle fester

Reaction score
Great interview. Yes, they clearly have things they don’t fully agree on or want to air out, but who doesn’t?

They clearly have huge respect for each other and can still sit and enjoy reminiscing about an amazing piece of their life and this team’s history.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Fair enough. I was being sarcastic, but I get it. If you want to think I hate the guy, that's fine. I don't at all. I just don't act like he floats in mid air that's all. He'll be good in the media. Much of the time, he's cool to listen to, he knows his stuff. Other times.......not so much. It IS ok to like a guy and be annoyed with him at times.

GemCity

Reaction score
It should be enlightening to see a guy like Sherm who was as critical as any about PC when he left, to have gone to play for Bill B and B Arians and come back around to revere and respect Pete the way he does. You can not like everything about the guy, but he is hands down the best coach this franchise has ever had and one of the best to do it, ever.
💯

GemCity

Reaction score
Fair enough. I was being sarcastic, but I get it. If you want to think I hate the guy, that's fine. I don't at all. I just don't act like he floats in mid air that's all. He'll be good in the media. Much of the time, he's cool to listen to, he knows his stuff. Other times.......not so much. It IS ok to like a guy and be annoyed with him at times.
💯

GemCity

Reaction score
I might have to make a burner account named SoulfishCity. Or, GemFishHawk.

I agree with every single post you make it. A bit uncanny….maybe justification that I’m not crazy. Unless ofc, we’re both nuts.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I probably make it sound like I hate the guy, so I get it. I like him, he just drives me crazy. It's sports, plenty of guys are annoying, even if you like them.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I probably make it sound like I hate the guy, so I get it. I like him, he just drives me crazy. It's sports, plenty of guys are annoying, even if you like them.
I agree with you. He was a great player but I don't believe he was a great "teammate".

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with you. He was a great player but I don't believe he was a great "teammate".
I believe it was Doug Baldwin who said he stayed after practice to work with undrafted and fringe players. He did what he could to help the team. He's just a very vocal and emotional guy. Sometimes this can get the better of you.

He's a really good guy. I had the pleasure of being Facebook friends with both him and his mom back in 2011 to early 2016. I was off and on in-between. I quit soon after but they were always kind to me. I only spoke to Richard twice or three times. On his birthday and once when he commented laughing at my post for internet generated concept jerseys when we switched back in 2012. I think he also wished me a happy birthday one year too. His mom and I spoke a few times before she became team mom. She was one of the only people to check on me in 2011 when I posted about my not so ideal living situation. She works or worked with child protective services to put it in prospective.

I'll always have love for them. I may not always agree with Richard on everything he says or does, but that's part of life. It would be a pretty dull world if we agreed on everything.

Doug Baldwin and James Carpenter are also good guys.

Last edited:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am just now finally diving into this interview. I am about 10 minutes in, watching on my big screen. So far, it's fantastic. Real, raw, relaxed...

I love Sherman. Not just because of what he was able to do as a player for us, but he's an original, outspoken human being. He's flawed just like you and me. Highly intelligent, yet makes bone-headed decisions because of ego. I know a dozen people like that at minimum.

Now off to finish the rest!

hoxrox

Reaction score
Sherm's a good dude. Showing up at camp and mentoring the young guys when he doesn't need to be:

jeepseahawk

Reaction score
Thank you for posting interview, very good. I did not see these sides of Richard and Pete.