Twitter blowing up about Richard Sherman

Subzero717

Reaction score
Seymour":17onfv75 said:
seahawkfreak":17onfv75 said:
Seymour":17onfv75 said:
Subzero717":17onfv75 said:
It's not a rumor. It was a hypothetical proposed by Lombardi. You really should listen to it before jumping to any conclusions. Clayton played it several times this morning.

You should tell the Seattle Times then....
http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...ahawks-being-open-to-trading-richard-sherman/

I would say it's not just a hypothetical when he states “I truly believe, based on what I hear around the National Football League, that the Seahawks would, in fact, for the right deal, trade Richard Sherman.’’ either. A hypothetical would be more based on "anyone is open to trade in the NFL", but he is claiming to have more information pointing that direction.

And yet he doesn't come forth with any of this information (he could be more specific without outing anyone). He also claims that, “Their cap is kind of a mess and they need to fix it,” and “The corner is not really the most important player in their scheme, it’s the front seven,”. Suspect argument considering the corner is an individual position while the front seven are numerous positions.

The Times article is still solely based on what Lombardi said. Lombardi, at this point in time, it seems he was just stirring a turd to see how much he could make it stink.

Why should he be, people will still doubt the credibility. The guy is a former GM, and knows where to draw the line on ratting out his source. You can either can believe the possibility, or dismiss it. I doubt he cares which way you swing.

Seems you completely missed my point that they call it a rumor, as I was told that in fact it wasn't. Silly discussion really.

ru·mor
ˈro͞omər/
noun
noun: rumour; plural noun: rumours; noun: rumor; plural noun: rumors

a currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth.
"they were investigating rumors of a massacre"
synonyms: gossip, hearsay, talk, tittle-tattle, speculation, word; More

Then you are correct. Lombardi indeed started a rumor based on a hypothetical trade scenario he himself made up during a podcast.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Subzero717":1t4aa9w2 said:
Then you are correct. Lombardi indeed started a rumor based on a hypothetical trade scenario he himself made up during a podcast.

Also known as gossip.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
One was Sherman for Thomas, to which, the Browns quickly shot down saying.. no interest in trading Thomas.

Seymour

Reaction score
Bobblehead":n6qix7jl said:
One was Sherman for Thomas, to which, the Browns quickly shot down saying.. no interest in trading Thomas.

One what? Rumor, offer??

Why would the Browns say no to a rumor? A rumor is not a valid offer.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Seymour":2ld4st6q said:
Bobblehead":2ld4st6q said:

One what? Rumor, offer??

I don't know, I suppose it goes something like this:

Insider: seems the Hawks have interest in trading SHerman to the Browns for Thomas.

Insider 2: Well, Browns, what do you think about that report that the Hawks have interest in a Sherman for Thomas trade?

Browns: We have no interest at all in trading Thomas, he's the first line in defending our QB.

That is how it goes from what I can tell, I'm sure you have been around to see these things.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/seah ... yone-else/

knownone

Reaction score
Bobblehead":25j9p2n3 said:
Seymour":25j9p2n3 said:
Bobblehead":25j9p2n3 said:

One what? Rumor, offer??

Insider: seems the Hawks have interest in trading SHerman to the Browns for Thomas.

Insider 2: Well, Browns, what do you think about that report that the Hawks have interest in a Sherman for Thomas trade?

Browns: We have no interest at all in trading Thomas, he's the first line in defending our QB.

That is how it goes from what I can tell, I'm sure you have been around to see these things.

That article is from last year.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
knownone":okjsgrf3 said:
Bobblehead":okjsgrf3 said:
Seymour":okjsgrf3 said:
Bobblehead":okjsgrf3 said:

One what? Rumor, offer??

That article is from last year.

bastards! :)
never mind..

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
It's a dead part of the season. Combine is over. Draft is still a month away. And list season follows that.

Idle minds conjure up crazy speculation to drive interest and conversation. I guess this is 'rumor season'.

Probably a good time to unplug from the rumor mill and turn your passions elsewhere temporarily.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":11ltuqrh said:
Probably a good time to unplug from the rumor mill and turn your passions elsewhere temporarily.

What if a person's passion is arguing with strangers on an internet sports forum ad nauseam about offensive coordinators all day to the point of needing medication?

Asking for a friend.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":81roelda said:
Attyla the Hawk":81roelda said:

What if a person's passion is arguing with strangers on an internet sports forum ad nauseam about offensive coordinators all day to the point of needing medication?
Asking for a friend.

Now this is how rumors get started.

So you are saying BevellHawk was put into a straight jacket then? :twisted:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":2j46rjek said:
Sgt. Largent":2j46rjek said:
Attyla the Hawk":2j46rjek said:

Asking for a friend.

No, other way around, because Sarge and I like our team and coaching staff and have the clarity of mind that they've built us into an annual contender.

Now go see Nurse Cratchett.

Seymour

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2i08v5x2 said:
Seymour":2i08v5x2 said:
Sgt. Largent":2i08v5x2 said:
Attyla the Hawk":2i08v5x2 said:

Asking for a friend.

No, other way around, because Sarge and I like our team and coaching staff and have the clarity of mind that they've built us into an annual contender.

Sarge and I???

MEDIC!!!!!

10fd26ec30e60d4fe6069ffb0a98e0e1

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":34r12268 said:
Seymour":34r12268 said:
Sgt. Largent":34r12268 said:
Attyla the Hawk":34r12268 said:

Asking for a friend.

300px-Nurse_Ratched.jpg

Nurse Ratched !

Ozzy

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1il0gx12 said:
Seymour":1il0gx12 said:
Sgt. Largent":1il0gx12 said:
Attyla the Hawk":1il0gx12 said:

Asking for a friend.

Sarge is right about a lot of things but he's wrong about Bevell. It's ok I still heart him. :irishdrinkers:

Largent80

Reaction score
I like Sioux. He's got a lot more moxie and balls than most of the posters on this board these days. Most are a lynch mob or argue just to argue. Why do you think so many people have bailed from here?

It's because of what I just mentioned. Just because you may not like Bevell is no reason to rip Sioux a new one. He was also passionate about T JAC as well. It simply does NOT make him a bad guy. A lot of you that think you are grown up are a bunch of sniveling keyboard warriors.

A-Dog

Reaction score
My friend's neighbor told him that we are trading Sherman, Frank Clark, and Beast Mode for Khalil Mack and a 4th round draft pick. Apparently the Raiders don't think they can pay both Carr and Mack, and they certainly need help at corner.

:sarcasm_off:

Latest posts