Trust The Process.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
lukerguy":2q9v2q5k said:
The only question I have which bears asking, did the system make the player or did the player make the system?

Pete Carroll's specialty is secondary.. Which position group achieved more than they were expected to on a whole? The secondary. Sherm, Kam, Browner, Maxwell, Thurmond..

I would term it a symbiotic relationship. One feeds on the learning aspect which the result is a team concept. Knowing the single employee's attributes help engage him in honing those to a knife edge. Skills, new knowledge, and honing the abilities to exceed the sum of all their parts is the coaching. Difference between good coaching and great coaching is not really that much. The player/employee must accept the training and understand that experience is what will lead him to higher understanding about the quest he is on. Life is an adventure and if you try hard, work at it, and trust the system that they put in place to make you successful, then you will succeed.

Some skills are necessary, so expect that they drafted you for a reason and that is your skills. Skills that you learned in previous learning environments. That would lead again to having a symbiotic relationship with the predecessor. They note something in you that they can hone to a fine edge and let you have the opportunity to succeed in that endeavor.

Seymour

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us, this is the biggest part of the process we are still attempting to recover from....
Time will tell.

Belichicked

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":29vzi2ht said:
What Montana said. Injuries were a MASSIVE problem last year, to ignore it is just odd.

Every team has injuries, the difference last year was we didn't have the depth to overcome those injuries.

Why? Because Pete and John haven't drafted well the past 2-3 years, so we had to trade away high picks to acquire good players like Brown and Richardson..................... and sign guys like Maxwell off the scrap heap.

So to just chalk up last year's 9-7 record as "oh well just too many injuries!" isn't OK with me.

Philly lost their starting QB, and won the SB. No excuses on the injury front for me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How many teams lost THAT MANY pro bowl level players and still were a real FG kicker away from winning 11, w/one of the worst O Lines we have ever seen? None
You can't lose Sherm, Avril, Kam etc. all in the same season and expect them to be on top of their game.
It's certainly not why they only won 9. But it flat out was a factor. One of many factors in a really strange season.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":arbd197b said:
How many teams lost THAT MANY pro bowl level players and still were a real FG kicker away from winning 11, w/one of the worst O Lines we have ever seen? None
You can't lose Sherm, Avril, Kam etc. all in the same season and expect them to be on top of their game.
It's certainly not why they only won 9. But it flat out was a factor. One of many factors in a really strange season.

But that's my point, these guys weren't playing at a Pro Bowl level when they got hurt in the first place.

Our D, RB's and O-line were already struggling hard by mid season when guys starting going down.

Again, yes injuries were an issue..........but IMO there were already serious problems so I can't just chalk up the 9-7 record to "injuries."

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1mmt4p7c said:
What Montana said. Injuries were a MASSIVE problem last year, to ignore it is just odd.

sure

but to ignore that (insert whatever reason of the many you wish) the mentality and ambitions of the team slipped over time as well is also... odd.

I like where the team is. Paying one side of the ball as well as players moving past their peaks was probably unavoidable given how generational that group really was.

however, it ended up hurting the team (in hindsight). Good to move on

adeltaY

Reaction score
Sherman and Kam were absolutely playing at Pro-Bowl levels before they got hurt. Especially Kam.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":3i06a7d6 said:
Sherman and Kam were absolutely playing at Pro-Bowl levels before they got hurt. Especially Kam.

Both players got hurt after the halfway point (game 9) with far fewer tackles, assists and interceptions then in their prior Pro Bowl years.

Good, but both along with Bennett and Avril were showing decline before their injuries............and nowhere near their prior Pro Bowl levels.

I guess we can argue over what "Pro Bowl level " means, because it's an arbitrary vote by peers, coaches and fans. But if you didn't see the decline and age wearing on these guys as the season progressed, you weren't paying attention.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2g7p05ap said:
Fair enough, but injuries did have a part in the season and how it turned out.

You mean like Lacey coming up with a case of dislocated chopsticks? :twisted: :lol: :stirthepot:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3pr6rt6r said:
Fair enough, but injuries did have a part in the season and how it turned out.

As does every season with every team.

No excuses...............The 2017 Seattle Seahawks, too old, too injured, too negative, too distracted and too depleted.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2k9uzrt1 said:
If they would have put some "China Food" in the End Zone, he could have done something :stirthepot:

I felt that Lacey would've performed better if he was allowed to use his rascal scooter. He could've put the football in his little front cart.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2vtghg7h said:
SoulfishHawk":2vtghg7h said:

But that's my point, these guys weren't playing at a Pro Bowl level when they got hurt in the first place.

Proof? Because all the PFF metrics I saw out there says they were. If you're gonna fall back on stats, Bennett had eight sacks in 2017, a career high.

Lose that many Pro Bowl players and your defense is going to suffer. It's too bad that your cliched "no excuses" act doesn't have room for that.

Also, we suffered no significant injuries in 2013-2014.

Seymour

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1cc2nnge said:
Sgt. Largent":1cc2nnge said:
SoulfishHawk":1cc2nnge said:

Proof? Because all the PFF metrics I saw out there says they were. If you're gonna fall back on stats, Bennett had eight sacks in 2017, a career high.

Lose that many Pro Bowl players and your defense is going to suffer. It's too bad that your cliched "no excuses" act doesn't have room for that.

Also, we suffered no significant injuries in 2013-2014.

Pfffft... :roll:

Except for Pussy Harvin at $13million to play in 1 regular season game of course!

brimsalabim

Reaction score
I trusted the process last year but watched Russell Wilson get beat to a pulp while he ran and threw for his life. Of course I still pull for the team but Pete and John will have to earn back my trust. Of course "my trust" and "your trust" don't matter. If they have Russell Wilson and the team's trust then that is all they really need.

and for the record Bennett's 8 sacks put him in a 6 way tie for 25th in the NFL .... not awful but I would not term that a "pro bowl" type year.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
So to be clear, the Seahawks should get a pass for injuries even though injuries affect every other team and there is ample time to plan?

Or they should get a pass because we lost Avril, Kam and Sherman (and Thomas) but things will be better this year even though we no longer have Avril, Kam and Sherman (and Thomas)?

The injuries hurt. Not scoring in the RZ for years, not using our best weapons on offense for years, and not bothering to score TDS much at all in the 1st half last year likely hurt more.

Instead of being upset that after 4 or 5 stops the defense gave up important scores to lose the game - maybe we should wonder why the offense was not bothering to score TDs at all after all these stops?

The injuries hurt. The stupid decisions hurt more.

Injuries are not an excuse, not several years in a row. They are an event you need to plan for.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ny21rmh said:
So to be clear, the Seahawks should get a pass for injuries even though injuries affect every other team and there is ample time to plan?

Or they should get a pass because we lost Avril, Kam and Sherman (and Thomas) but things will be better this year even though we no longer have Avril, Kam and Sherman (and Thomas)?

The injuries hurt. Not scoring in the RZ for years, not using our best weapons on offense for years, and not bothering to score TDS much at all in the 1st half last year likely hurt more.

Instead of being upset that after 4 or 5 stops the defense gave up important scores to lose the game - maybe we should wonder why the offense was not bothering to score TDs at all after all these stops?

The injuries hurt. The stupid decisions hurt more.

Injuries are not an excuse, not several years in a row. They are an event you need to plan for.

Which is why you get backups that are competent enough to fill in when someone goes down. WE were that way for a few years with the LOB. Then those went on to get PAID by someone else and we have been unable to backfill where we had them available holes. The draft has been abismal as far as having people that could be linemen on the offense. They dont do what we want even in the early rounds. That is why we had projects. Yes, we had PROJECTs because the college level draftees were not up to spec. But that is life....ON TO THURSDAY....and Beyond.....