Trufant v Winfield

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sucks that the Jags picked up Will Blackmon. He'd sure be nice to have on speed dial right now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Seahawks to every available NFL corner: "Come on down!"

Every guy who has ever played CB is just jumping on a plane to Seattle whether they are invited or not.

KK84

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2lt2fnq4 said:

Every guy who has ever played CB is just jumping on a plane to Seattle whether they are invited or not.

As long as we can stop Kelly Jennings right at the airport.

hawker84

Reaction score
No to Trufant, He was OK at best in his prime, and it was obvious he was past his prime last season, no reason to revisit that.

Either bring back winfield and see how he looks or go with what we got..

kidhawk

Reaction score
I like that they aren't afraid to cover all their bases. Let them all come in and get a look at 'em. We in here can only go by recent history since none of these guys are on a roster right now. Bringing them in gives our front office a chance to evaluate them as they are today not as they were 3 months ago. Personnel wise, this front office rarely gives me much reason to doubt their decisions

12thManNorth

Reaction score
Trufant gets burnt more often than a Walter Thurmond doobie. Solid career for the Seahawks, but at this point in time, no thanks

hoxrox

Reaction score
Would love to see Tru get one last shot at a ring, but that ship has sailed. Dude was bad last year, especially in the slot.

IF Winfield is healthy and in football shape, he would be an upgrade over Lane and Maxwell.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
jlwaters1":13nw3hwq said:
Just say NO to TRU! Trufant was an average player at best as a Seahawk. I didn't want him back last year (He was cut and resigned last year), I don't want Winfield either- Experience is overrated. I think Lane and Maxwell can hold down the fort- They did it last year for 4 games and they both have played this year. Maxwell has had a lot of play the last several weeks. Let the young players play.

The Saints lost one of their better secondary defenders for the year, so we not any worse off they they are.

Average at best?

mrblitz

Reaction score
i'd say bring in shead/simon and get them/him acclimated to the nfl in the 5 games leading up to the playoffs.

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
KK84":3f50rb5h said:
HawkFan72":3f50rb5h said:

As long as we can stop Kelly Jennings right at the airport.

Kelly Jennings is too short. Must be this tall (6 foot) to ride the ride. Also good. You know what, give him a fake address. Tell him VMAC moved.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkFan72":jxim55ub said:

Oh man, remember Pete Hunter? Let's see if he can pull off another comeback.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Sickens me to read some of the tripe being posted about how shitty Trufant was on here. Yes he is old and likely past his prime. But in his heyday he was the best Corner the Seahawk's had. Just look across the field at Kelly Jennings trying to hold down that side of the field when no one would throw to Trufants side. When we got Browner, Sherman and Thurmond he got shuffled to the Nickel slot and it never suited him. Didnt help any that Pete was building as young a squad as possible either. In my opinion the dude deserved a ring! Will he be back here? I highly doubt it, but its fun to think about, if for nothing more than riling the Husky fans.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":2gh7h48e said:
Sickens me to read some of the tripe being posted about how shitty Trufant was on here. Yes he is old and likely past his prime. But in his heyday he was the best Corner the Seahawk's had. Just look across the field at Kelly Jennings trying to hold down that side of the field when no one would throw to Trufants side. When we got Browner, Sherman and Thurmond he got shuffled to the Nickel slot and it never suited him. Didnt help any that Pete was building as young a squad as possible either. In my opinion the dude deserved a ring! Will he be back here? I highly doubt it, but its fun to think about, if for nothing more than riling the Husky fans.
dawg fans don't hate try anymore than you hate kearse.

please. I loved trufant and I am a diehard dawg. Hawks are hawks regardless of where they played college ball.

Latest posts