Trufant v Winfield

Bprez3

Reaction score
Who would you want back? Rumor has it the Hawks are working Trufant out. Personally I would want Winfield over Trufant I believe the FO would want this as well given they already made this decision once before.

Per Twitter Danny O'neill retweeted this:

@whoisBJOng
In addition to the Hawks news about Winfield, Shead, and Simon- I'm also hearing the Hawks are working out Tru too.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
No way do I want Tru back. We can sign him for a day to retire him a Seahawk maybe?

Axx

Reaction score
I want russel wilson to play in the nickle

drdiags

Reaction score
They would need to sign a DB that can back-up the slot even if they move Maxwell over when in nickel. If they cannot talk Winfield into coming back, then it makes sense to figure out what Tru has left in the tank, since he did play nickel slot for the team last year. Probably not well enough but he did play the position all last year. I was hoping the team would have kept Winfield as a backup when they opted for Thurmond but knew that made no sense because of cap and his limited snaps if any if he wasn't the 1st line slot defender.

The team needs someone it can trust to come in and play backup to the slot with the ability to start if the front-line guy gets hurt. Shead probably isn't that guy and Simon has not played a down of NFL football.

This team does keep the entertainment value high. Or stress.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if Tru gets the job before Winfield. But if he does, great! All the history and memories revisited. Tru never was much of a nickel corner, so I doubt it..

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Just say NO to TRU! Trufant was an average player at best as a Seahawk. I didn't want him back last year (He was cut and resigned last year), I don't want Winfield either- Experience is overrated. I think Lane and Maxwell can hold down the fort- They did it last year for 4 games and they both have played this year. Maxwell has had a lot of play the last several weeks. Let the young players play.

The Saints lost one of their better secondary defenders for the year, so we not any worse off they they are.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2dd3j4dq said:
I hope we leave Maxwell in the slot and just play Shead/Lane outside.

Maxwell doesn't play the slot, he was outside and Thurmond moved inside to the slot.

Likely we would play Lane in the slot if we had to.

As for the OP, Winfield all the way. Look at the last full year both these guys played.....Winfield was one of the top slot CBs in the league. Trufant got burned constantly.