Trading Bobby Wagner

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":z1f17lh7 said:
AirStrike":z1f17lh7 said:
Rat":z1f17lh7 said:
No. At his age, he wouldn't bring about compensation that would be worth losing him. He deserves to be a lifer.

Then he better be ready for a release and a resign because theres no way the teams taking a 22 million dollar cap hit in his last year.

Who are you? The gm? Mr John? I'm sure if they signed him to that contract they can honor it. Why the hell else would they sign on the line?
The fact of the matter is no one knows what’s gonna happen. We signed him as the highest paid linebacker at the time because he was playing like the best linebacker in the NFL, last year and so far this year he’s not been playing to that standard. KJ Wright has been our best linebacker so far this year. I could see a scenario where John ends up not paying him $20+million in his final year. At the same time I could also see Wagner stepping up his game and playing the rest of his career as a Hawk. Eventually he’s gonna have to be open to play for less money due to Father Time no one can outrun that. Either way we’re gonna find out sooner or later.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
PNW":q63u5wbq said:
jamescasey1124":q63u5wbq said:
AirStrike":q63u5wbq said:
Rat":q63u5wbq said:
No. At his age, he wouldn't bring about compensation that would be worth losing him. He deserves to be a lifer.

Then he better be ready for a release and a resign because theres no way the teams taking a 22 million dollar cap hit in his last year.

Who are you? The gm? Mr John? I'm sure if they signed him to that contract they can honor it. Why the hell else would they sign on the line?
The fact of the matter is no one knows what’s gonna happen. We signed him as the highest paid linebacker at the time because he was playing like the best linebacker in the NFL, last year and so far this year he’s not been playing to that standard. KJ Wright has been our best linebacker so far this year. I could see a scenario where John ends up not paying him $20+million in his final year. At the same time I could also see Wagner stepping up his game and playing the rest of his career as a Hawk. Eventually he’s gonna have to be open to play for less money due to Father Time no one can outrun that. Either way we’re gonna find out sooner or later.

I agree he is getting up there in age. Cant do nothing about that. I also agree he can take a pay cut if needed, but he has never not been the best backer on our team since he took over for kj in the middle in 2012. Kj is playing well because he made a position change and Bobby is still dealing with getting log jammed in the middle and having balls fly over his head. He is not the covering linebacker he once was, but he has multiple recievers to contend with while kj plays the edge and only covers flats or negative of the line of scimmage. Kj is good in his own right but their assignments are completely different.

Still there is no need to talk about trading one of two of our best defensive players. I dont care if they restructure but I'll be damned if they trade him away.

W

Welshers

This post didn't age well. No one should be calling to trade him. He leads this team in tackles, is the leader of this defense, and is still one of the best LBs in the leagues. I hope he retires with Seattle and we retire his jersey. He is worth every dollar of his big contract.

TypeSly

Reaction score
BWags must have read this thread. He was playing like a man possessed today!

massari

Reaction score
Welshers":14ts69x2 said:
This post didn't age well. No one should be calling to trade him. He leads this team in tackles, is the leader of this defense, and is still one of the best LBs in the leagues. I hope he retires with Seattle and we retire his jersey. He is worth every dollar of his big contract.
He said in the op for a 1st and 2nd round pick. You all are crazy if you think the Seahawks wouldn't do that trade with Wagner almost 31 years old.

Now there's no way any team would give that much up for him though.

W

Welshers

massari":mw5zsx90 said:
Welshers":mw5zsx90 said:
He said in the op for a 1st and 2nd round pick. You all are crazy if you think the Seahawks wouldn't do that trade with Wagner almost 31 years old.

I wouldn't be for it. He is one of our 5 best players and a future Hall of Famer. A huge part of our SB win. And still playing great football. Love the guy and hope he retires a Hawk. He is an emotional leader on our D

W

Welshers

TypeSly":18c2clq3 said:
Scorpion05":18c2clq3 said:
Bobby Wagner is our Ray Lewis. Absolutely not

What does that mean?
It's pretty obvious, isn't it? He's a future Hall of Fame LB who helped win us a Super Bowl and is the leader of our defense. Lots of similarities to Lewis.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":3qbl0its said:
BWags must have read this thread. He was playing like a man possessed today!

:ditto: That was a statement game for Wagner. He set the tone on D today and Jimmy G looked like a deer in headlights

(Assuming he visits Seahawks.net and read this post)

He could very well be a hall of famer, hes the leader of the defense, one of the few bright spots on D, and people are suggesting trading him?
He's only 30, he has the passion and the will to be great. He is a piece that you don't trade. You just don't do it.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Welshers":313w0i0d said:
TypeSly":313w0i0d said:
Scorpion05":313w0i0d said:

What does that mean?
It's pretty obvious, isn't it? He's a future Hall of Fame LB who helped win us a Super Bowl and is the leader of our defense. Lots of similarities to Lewis.

Yeah, that's why the "Absolutely not" part of it is confusing.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
TypeSly":37fth9ow said:
Welshers":37fth9ow said:
TypeSly":37fth9ow said:
Scorpion05":37fth9ow said:

What does that mean?

"Absolutely not" is Scorpion saying "no" to trading B Wagz

TypeSly

Reaction score
Jerhawk":37oqaj1u said:
TypeSly":37oqaj1u said:
Welshers":37oqaj1u said:
TypeSly":37oqaj1u said:
What does that mean?

"Absolutely not" is Scorpion saying "no" to trading B Wagz

I see that now. But you can see how that post can be easily confused, as a "NOT" after his statement.

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe we can get a 2nd rounder and a 4th after this game.

TypeSly

Reaction score
rcaido":3mbpe85d said:
Maybe we can get a 2nd rounder and a 4th after this game.

I can't tell if that's sarcasm or not lol. But for me, I'd love it if he retires a Seahawk. Seeing him in another uniform would make me want to puke.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Since when does a 6-1 team sell off stud players for draft capital? That's what losing teams do. I mean that would be ridiculous from a messaging standpoint.

And no way even a HoF MLB gets traded for a 1st and 2nd pick at that age and salary.

Anyways, dude balled out today and still is our defensive leader. Need both him and KJ to keep this defense on schedule.

massari

Reaction score
Welshers":txr35zuk said:
massari":txr35zuk said:
Welshers":txr35zuk said:

I wouldn't be for it. He is one of our 5 best players and a future Hall of Famer. A huge part of our SB win. And still playing great football. Love the guy and hope he retires a Hawk. He is an emotional leader on our D
Your loyalty is admirable, while I'd want him kicked to the curb if it meant a 1st and 2nd lol

Latest posts