Trading Bobby Wagner

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
It’s always better to trade a player a year or two years earlier than a year or two years too late.

You’ll get nothing in return if you wait until his contract is over after the 2022 season.

I’m just saying.

chris98251

Reaction score
Teams are looking at next year already, the Cap is going to be lower by quite a bit, why we are seeing cuts and trades now that in others years would not happen.

We will be doing a liquidation this off season and a lot of restructures.

Enjoy it now, this team will look much different next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
zchurch74":1kts0cej said:
Yes, could get a lot of draft picks for him.

Not what I think older high priced Vets will be at a premium and will be the last taken off the market much cheaper then they think.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
bigskydoc":29zsfbim said:
I think KJ is the guy we should trade. I've thought so since the 19 offseason.

Negative. That mindset can get the hell out of here too! Kj has been the only one making plays since moving to irvins position to let brooks in the game. Garbage. You dont trade your playmakers. You add to them. The defense has trouble covering. Coach your coverage in the scheme you have...zone...and we are all set.

Stop thinking getting rid of our only players is the answer. The same people think having 15 # 1 recievers is a good idea when dk and tyler are literally killing it.

Just dumb!

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3odzre86 said:
bigskydoc":3odzre86 said:
I think KJ is the guy we should trade. I've thought so since the 19 offseason.

Negative. That mindset can get the hell out of here too! Kj has been the only one making plays since moving to irvins position to let brooks in the game. Garbage. You dont trade your playmakers. You add to them. The defense has trouble covering. Coach your coverage in the scheme you have...zone...and we are all set.

Stop thinking getting rid of our only players is the answer. The same people think having 15 # 1 recievers is a good idea when dk and tyler are literally killing it.

Just dumb!
Completely agree! KJ is only making $7million per year and easily has been our best defender so far this year.

Mix

Reaction score
Wagner has made 2 game winning plays this eason. Team is 5-1. Why are we talking about trading guys again?

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Mix":h0pwxsmo said:
Wagner has made 2 game winning plays this eason. Team is 5-1. Why are we talking about trading guys again?

Yes Sir!!!

Dumbness has including getting rid of the players who have made this team good for years. It's just incredibly dumb. Fix the problems we have and nothing else. Trading bobby might be the dumbest thing I've heard in seahawks history.

I mean...
You guys really want to get rid of our most successful linebacker of our history? That might be crazier than some saying russ should be gone after one of 6 games he accidentally throws a few picks! Holy shit is russ Tyler detmer? Mr. Seven interceptions a game? Come on.

chris98251

Reaction score
People tend to forget that stats don't tell all, teams will go away from Bobby if they feel there is another path of less resistance, we have been stout against the run and teams are running less on us, Bobby is making more assists in clean up, why Adams was making so many tackles also, short passing.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
chris98251":1fjcd1y3 said:
People tend to forget that stats don't tell all, teams will go away from Bobby if they feel there is another path of less resistance, we have been stout against the run and teams are running less on us, Bobby is making more assists in clean up, why Adams was making so many tackles also, short passing.

We arent that stout against the run as you think. Vikings made us aware of that. Problem is....when you go away from bobby...passing situations...they complete easy whether it's the #1,#2,#3 reciever, te#1, te#2, rb plethora, we dont cover what's open at all. The reason we are almost dead last in pass defense. Our pass defense is the problem because we focus on putting our cover guys into blitzing instead of covering. Until we address that...trading our best defensive player is utterly stupid.

Let's say we trade bobby. We decline against the run and overall captain of defense. We lose the next few years because now our defense is exposed not just this year, but, they next year or so until brooks fully is capable Your think brooks is ready? Maybe, but I'd rather him learn next to bobby for him to grow successfully overall. Brooks will be way better off with bobby and wright here endlessly.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Wagner is not the problem.

He's someone you build the defense around.
He will play better in the 2nd half of this season once the d line improves.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Rat":1ezqz8fs said:
No. At his age, he wouldn't bring about compensation that would be worth losing him. He deserves to be a lifer.

Then he better be ready for a release and a resign because theres no way the teams taking a 22 million dollar cap hit in his last year.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2g0tgcv9 said:
Wagner is not the problem.

He's someone you build the defense around.
He will play better in the 2nd half of this season once the d line improves.

^^^ This. The problem ain't with Bobby. And anyone who saw the Viking game, knows what Bobby did to seal the win near the end. That's the type of play that HOF'ers make.

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
Lets trade Russ too while we're at it. Bobby's value to this team is priceless. He's going to retire here. Do people want him going somewhere else? One of the best Seahawks of all time and you just wanna ship him out the door. No thanks

bigskydoc

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":163sibdy said:
Negative. That mindset can get the hell out of here too!

Just dumb!

If you want to play like that, take it to the shack.

KJ balled out for the first half of the 19 season too. We will see if his fall off is as steep in the second half of this season as it was last year.

If you are going to trade one of our LB Corp, he's the guy another team might actually give us a decent compensation for. His contract to performance ratio is enticing for teams who may be looking to open up some cap space. If we could pick up a stud pass rushing lineman, with 2 to 3 years left on his contract, I'd make the trade in a heart beat.

An overpriced vet, like Wagner, isn't getting much of anything in return. No one wants to take on that contract right now. I don't see the point in trying to trade him.

These are the kinds of trades that helped the Pat's have so much success in their heyday.

massari

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1x0o567a said:
Anyone else for moving Wagner?
You're right, but no team would give anything worth his value atm given he'll be 31 years old soon.

Better to just keep him.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
FearTheHawk":2poy7285 said:
Lets trade Russ too while we're at it. Bobby's value to this team is priceless. He's going to retire here. Do people want him going somewhere else? One of the best Seahawks of all time and you just wanna ship him out the door. No thanks

Truth right here. People are being ridiculous like we have lost the season.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
AirStrike":2282f85q said:
Rat":2282f85q said:
No. At his age, he wouldn't bring about compensation that would be worth losing him. He deserves to be a lifer.

Then he better be ready for a release and a resign because theres no way the teams taking a 22 million dollar cap hit in his last year.

Who are you? The gm? Mr John? I'm sure if they signed him to that contract they can honor it. Why the hell else would they sign on the line?