Trading Bobby Wagner

rcaido

Reaction score
Did Bobby get traded or did he not read the forums this week?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We didn't blitz him until too late.

The problem never was Bobby.

It was, and will continue to be, Norton.

PNW

Reaction score
Not gonna lie BWags looked like he had cement shoes on today, I didn’t see him do anything really other than a clean up sack. Only 4 solo tackles, 2 assisted (6 total) :( are we just gonna see an inconsistent Bwags all season??? Only 15th in the league with 39 solo tackles, so far he’s only lived up to his $18 million salary a few times this year and had one good game. What’s the deal?

bigskydoc

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":nihe5qmo said:
Again...none of those teams made superbowl appearances because of the trades. Patriots possibly but the year seymour was traded did nothing. We are looking at a playoff superbowl team and if you keep the members instead of disband it then it becomes a dynasty. Something we didnt do after 2014.

First it was, "teams don't trade away their greatest defensive players before they choose to retire" Wrong.

Then it was, "not one of these trades made these teams ultimately better." Wrong.

Now it is, "well, none of these teams made Super Bowl appearances because of the trades."

Dude, choose a metric and stick to it. If the only measure of a successful move is that it leads to "Super Bowl appearances," then almost every move, made by almost every team, in the history of the NFL is by definition unsuccessful.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":2fegcm9g said:
jamescasey1124":2fegcm9g said:
Again...none of those teams made superbowl appearances because of the trades. Patriots possibly but the year seymour was traded did nothing. We are looking at a playoff superbowl team and if you keep the members instead of disband it then it becomes a dynasty. Something we didnt do after 2014.

First it was, "teams don't trade away their greatest defensive players before they choose to retire" Wrong.

Then it was, "not one of these trades made these teams ultimately better." Wrong.

Now it is, "well, none of these teams made Super Bowl appearances because of the trades."

Dude, choose a metric and stick to it. If the only measure of a successful move is that it leads to "Super Bowl appearances," then almost every move, made by almost every team, in the history of the NFL is by definition unsuccessful.
:snack: interesting... :lol:

PNW

Reaction score
Bobby looked so slow, I would even just take a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him at this point, historically bad defense with or without Bwags on the field, might as well save some cash imo

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
PNW":3as2dfdp said:
Bobby looked so slow, I would even just take a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him at this point, historically bad defense with or without Bwags on the field, might as well save some cash imo
He’s definitely not helping, that’s for sure.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Should have traded Wagner and got picks when I suggested. Instead, he was released, Seattle got nothing for him, wasn’t any better for having him the last two years, and now he’s on the Rams.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The contract that you weren't looking forward to paying him (and why we cut him) is also why he didn't have any trade value. You were dreaming then to think that we could have gotten a first and a second for him, and I'm not sure what you are patting yourself on the back now for.

OP
OP
TheLegendOfBoom

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
The contract that you weren't looking forward to paying him (and why we cut him) is also why he didn't have any trade value. You were dreaming then to think that we could have gotten a first and a second for him, and I'm not sure what you are patting yourself on the back now for.
You probably wouldn’t get a first or second for him. But getting something in return is better than getting nothing. But Seattle kept him around purely out of respect. No one wants his contract, probably, yes, but no shame in looking to get something is better than not getting anything in return. Seattle didn’t want to trade him because he was a consummate professional unlike diva passive aggressive, thinks he’s better than he really is, Wilson. But yeah, it became inevitable once Brooks was drafted that he was to be Wagner’s successor. A move for something in return is business wise better than nothing in return.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Should have traded Wagner and got picks when I suggested. Instead, he was released, Seattle got nothing for him, wasn’t any better for having him the last two years, and now he’s on the Rams.
Easy to say in hindsight, sure. But making that kind of rebuild-esque decision prematurely (and before his significant drop off in 2021) would've been a mistake regardless, if you ask me.

RedAlice

Reaction score

I think you are missing something really important here.

YOU are talking about Bobby Wagner like he is Cattle. same thing Hawks did.

Latest posts