TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

vonstout

Reaction score
The 2024 draft is supposedly the deepest DT draft in years. It’s a deep QB class too. If we can’t sign Williams, we’ll regret this trade. Our second round pick could have turned out to be a promising DT or QB on a rookie contract.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'm sure you are.

Mischaracterizing what other people say, doesn't win arguments.

I hate to break it to you, but certain positions are harder to find than others.
Dude, you're weird. If you don't have a sense of humor, that's on you.

And you don't have to break anything to me.

Best guess... I've been watching the NFL for 30 years before you were born.

Last edited:

pmedic920

Reaction score
The only way this deal makes sense is:

1. We win the Super bowl.
2. He is extended before free agency.

As a coach I love Pete Carroll but as a trader I hate him. He got where we are by having great drafts. Trading away your future rarely works just ask Denver.
Ask Denver?

I say ask Seattle, the answer is…..

That trade worked very well.

This trade?
Jury still out but I suspect crows will be on the endangered list by the end of the season.

knownone

Reaction score
Honestly, I now know why Seattle was eager to add Williams. Both sides of our line got mauled today.

seabowl

Reaction score
As some on here said the other day:

HE’s THE MISSING PIECE!!

Lol

Chevy

Reaction score
Williams was disruptive and is great against the run. He was our best DT today. Dre'Mont Jones on the otherhand is a bust! Jones is bad against the run, I seen him multiple times today get driven back like he was on roller skates on running plays. Jones as a pass rusher plays more like a journeyman backup pass rusher as opposed to the big money free agent pass rusher.

Williams deserves Jones's contract and Jones is stealing money at this point of his Seahawks contract.

seabowl

Reaction score
Williams was disruptive and is great against the run. He was our best DT today. Dre'Mont Jones on the otherhand is a bust! Jones is bad against the run, I seen him multiple times today get driven back like he was on roller skates on running plays. Jones as a pass rusher plays more like a journeyman backup pass rusher as opposed to the big money free agent pass rusher.

Williams deserves Jones's contract and Jones is stealing money at this point of his Seahawks contract.
Agree that Jones is absolutely not living up to even close what he is getting paid. With that said, Williams is a good player but not a difference maker and not worth a second and fifth rounder which equates to typically a middle second rounder based on if the Hawks finish picking 20th. Anyone that thought we were one player away had the blinders on all the way.

Chevy

Reaction score
And the self-righteous, delusional homerism continues.
Not sure what your specific concern is with the Seahawks. I have a handful of concerns, and I am more than willing to put them out there. So what our yours?

fenderbender123

Reaction score
He's been on the team for like 5 days. It takes a while to adapt to playing with all new players.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Not sure what your specific concern is with the Seahawks. I have a handful of concerns, and I am more than willing to put them out there. So what our yours?
It's a Jekyll s Hyde thing. They have two amazing drafts, but dole out a silly portion of the cap to safeties. (Though, it's fair to wonder about not taking Levis at 20.) And the Williams trade really smells like a Sheldon Richardson trade all over again. I don't think the team is quite there yet to justify the expense. They had a few wins against very bad and injured teams. The Lions win was a great win. But Geno hasn't been great since Frankfurt against Tampa last year. To their credit, his contract has easy outs, but still.

I want to be building a real contender, not treading water as a weak playoff team. It feels like they've been doing the latter for nearly a decade.