TRADE ALERT!!! Leonard Williams to the Seahawks!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
A little off topic, but regarding the comment about Geno (in a thread that has nothing to do with Geno) I might be critical of Geno, but it's not time to be thinking about benching him. Come on, the team is 5-2, he can play better, we've all seen it.
And I suspect he will. Rock with who you got. Go Hawks

Back on topic, this team has re-signed guys who were on a "rental" plenty of times over the years. There is NOTHING to tell us that the Hawks WON'T extend him in the off season.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Trying to add and win now > hoping some guys MIGHT pan out from the draft. One being a measly 5th round pick to go along with a late 2nd
I'm not so sure about that. Tariq Woolen was a 5th rounder and look how well he's playing. The days of old drafting expired in 2022 with an amazing draft and they continued it this year, who's to say they won't be able to do it again?

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Okay, but what does that have to do with Leonard Williams? The picks traded? We still have a first, you know...
Oh I'm not saying he would've used a 2nd rounder on a QB, I'm just saying in general from other's responses about Geno and getting a QBotF

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm not so sure about that. Tariq Woolen was a 5th rounder and look how well he's playing. The days of old drafting expired in 2022 with an amazing draft and they continued it this year, who's to say they won't be able to do it again?
Have you been paying attention to JS's drafts? He adds extra picks ALL THE TIME. He's a master at it. They'll get that measly 5th rounder back, not worried in the least about a damn 5th round pick.
I love the trade, some don't. Cool.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
The NFC is weaker than ever. Offensive scoring is down around the league. Let’s go for it.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
So, what do you propose? Don't try?

That's just defeatist candyassery. Go for the dub.

Yeah man, what a defeatist attitude.

5-2 and adding some really good D-line depth and a much needed interior playmaker, and fans just want to tear it all down or do nothing cause they don't like Geno.

Who btw, has less interceptions than Mahomes, Allen, Tua and Hurts.

OP
OP
MyrtleHawk

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Have you been paying attention to JS's drafts? He adds extra picks ALL THE TIME. He's a master at it. They'll get that measly 5th rounder back, not worried in the least about a damn 5th round pick.
I love the trade, some don't. Cool.
He hasn't last year or this year, except for trading down from the 3rd round to pick up an extra 3rd this next draft. Once again they've completely changed the way they've drafted, so I'm not sure they'll go back to that since it worked out so well for th-

Actually, I could DEFINITELY see them straying away from something that's been working for them.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
5-2 team, sitting in 1st place just got better. Oh the humanity. Getting better as a team sucks!!!!!

Side note, likely giving away a late 2nd. But......we have Denver's 3rd round pick as someone has already mentioned.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying he would've used a 2nd rounder on a QB, I'm just saying in general from other's responses about Geno and getting a QBotF
Okay, but playing bean counter isn't going to help you win this season.

Mick063

Reaction score
Bobo has scored twice in the last two weeks, and he wasn't drafted. Eskridge was selected in the second round. Draft picks aren't the end all.
Player evaluation and player development are.

No one knows how Williams is going to work out yet. It is far too early to pass judgement on the compensation value. It depends upon how he is utilized. Regardless, the team was too thin along the front to make a legit run.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
5-2 team, sitting in 1st place just got better. Oh the humanity. Getting better as a team sucks!!!!!

Side note, likely giving away a late 2nd. But......we have Denver's 3rd round pick as someone has already mentioned.
When you look at the schedule, adding a guy like Williams to your squad greatly improves your chances of winning.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Reminds me of the Sheldon Richardson and Clowney trades. Giving up draft capital for rentals that don't stay long term.

Latest posts