Top Billin on yesterday's game. Go watch -

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Turn Bobo into Puca Nacau, Lockett, JSN, that’s a formidable WR corps right there.

Riiiight. Just turn Bobo into Puka Nacua.

While they're at it, if they can just turn Jake Curhan into an injury-proof Abe Lucas, then they can take their time bringing Lucas back from IR.

And imagine how great the Seahawks secondary will be, and the depth they'll have, if they can turn Mike Jackson into another Riq Woolen!

Fade

Reaction score
Aside from his 'schtick' - I love Murf - well, actually I love his 'schtick' too. He's largely un-biased towards us and I like that after a loss. He points out several things. Geno, Oline, DK, Lockett and a couple other things.

I put alot of stock in most of what he says usually - go watch - it's a touch long - but I think it's worth it.

It certainly changed my mind on the issue of Geno being the entire problem yesterday.

He's biased.

He's been dealing with people on his channel for 2 years telling him Geno ain't the guy, and Murf has been saying he is.
And refuses to come off of it, despite the evidence showing otherwise.

So he's doing damage control.

I like Murf, and I was in the "Geno is the guy" camp myself. I had him ranked as the #7 QB in the league going into the season. But I've seen too much since the 2nd half of last season and the start of this season.

In the last 14 games Geno has played, he's only been great in 2 of them.

The Lions game this year, and the 1st time they played the decimated Rams last year.

In the other 12 games he's been very up and down, he throws the ball to the other team a lot, doesn't see the field particularly well, and runs himself into a lot of sacks.

He ain't the guy. Just a very expensive bridge QB.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
In the Lions Game we went with a much more rhythm oriented offense, quick hitters out of necessity, lets trend backwards a bit to that offense while hopefully Geno's ankle gets better, or yes, we have Drew Lock who can win us 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 5 games and get us to the promised land of the playoffs, to me this is the part of the schedule we can make some hay with if smart. Yes the team needs to add a nice piece here in the coming weeks and get fortunate with health. The ball bounces for them this is more than a one and done team, they do have plenty of talent and mostly the rigth attitudes.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's biased.

He's been dealing with people on his channel for 2 years telling him Geno ain't the guy, and Murf has been saying he is.

I like Murf, and I was in the "Geno is the guy" camp myself. I had him ranked as the #7 QB in the league going into the season. But I've seen too much since the 2nd half of last season and the start of this season.

The Lions game this year, and the 1st time they played the decimated Rams last year.

In the other 12 games he's been very up and down, he throws the ball to the other team a lot, doesn't see the field particularly well, and runs himself into a lot of sacks.

I wish I could argue with you more on a couple points - but I'm struggling ;)

Your other post had a bunch of excellent points. Between you and Murph - you both know 10X what I do.

Sucks that Murph is now considering dropping the hawks. Not sure how real that's gonna get.

I'm a little torn on the whole geno looking confused/making stupid throws vs. how much time he's got in the pocket. I'll try and watch closer this weekend against AZ. I'm also gonna watch your 'staring down his first read' to see if that real or not. I've seen some videos and examples that it's not. And the thing that I noticed FIRST thing when Geno took over was the fact that he explicitly and visibly went through all his reads. You could see it every play. So maybe that's changed.

Anyhow - thanks for your post(s). I'm gonna try and go convince Murph to NOT LEAVE.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
He's biased.

After some thinking about it - I wanted to ask you your take on a couple specific things that I 'thought' I heard in his video:

Do you think the INT was on DK for a failed timing route?

Do you think that DK was not as open as he thought for the 'miss' in the endzone? The safety looked real close on that one angle.

Also:

Do you think that DK is drawing a skewed percentage of incomplete (and complete) passes to him - due to chirping about lack of touches?

If a person wanted to compare how much time Geno had behind the line on a per game basis - with how bad/good he played - how would you do that? I can find individual player stats - but I have no idea where to find the 'time in the pocket' stat for any given game. EDIT: aaaaaaaaaaaand I'm a moron. Simple google search fixed that ;)

EDIT: https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/advanced-stats-qb.php

And finally - how much do YOU think that lack of time in the pocket is contributing to happy feet on shitty performance days (if any)?

Any comments appreciated.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Watch the replay, that ball was getting intercepted no matter what. He also got extremely lucky, YET AGAIN by trying force one in the end zone that could have easily been picked off.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I think there sometimes can be too much emphasis on the explosive play. This might be one of the things, like running it a certain number of times that PC likes to get that indicate higher percentages of victory, in his system. I think this may be the root of how good DCs play PC. I think I lip-read a few times (look deep first, I want you to look endzone first). Situationally, sure, in this type of game, your adherence to the hope of the explosive is akin to the gambler pulling the slot machine lever. In those games, you need to hammer ruthlessly the tiny little things that are working. Getting 3.33 yards a carry, but EVERY time, sometimes means a 21-3 win.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I think there sometimes can be too much emphasis on the explosive play. This might be one of the things, like running it a certain number of times that PC likes to get that indicate higher percentages of victory, in his system. I think this may be the root of how good DCs play PC. I think I lip-read a few times (look deep first, I want you to look endzone first). Situationally, sure, in this type of game, your adherence to the hope of the explosive is akin to the gambler pulling the slot machine lever. In those games, you need to hammer ruthlessly the tiny little things that are working. Getting 3.33 yards a carry, but EVERY time, sometimes means a 21-3 win.
Abso Fing Lutely.

Small ball wins too! And I like the slot machine reference - that's spot on. Since DPI started getting called SO much a few years ago - it's a strategy to just long ball it - DPI's the percentage in your favor. eh, maybe it'll come up with Cherries....

Nice thing about it is more teams can do it. Not everyone has the line to have 5 or 6 seconds in the pocket for long developing shit.

Small ball wins too. Reliable. Not flashy. 100%. And I use the "Small ball" terminology fresh off my first season of watching any sort of baseball. ;) JSN should be getting force fed this shit - not moonballs to a chirpy DK.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Yall taking on a youtube because why? lol Yall wanna slam him yet your all sounding childish .. more than him jfc.

Hes pretty unbiased when it comes to the team.. ya yall wanna shit on him because what? Yall don't agree with him? or him you? lol

This place i swear lol. 200

cymatica

Reaction score
Yall taking on a youtube because why? lol Yall wanna slam him yet your all sounding childish .. more than him jfc.

Hes pretty unbiased when it comes to the team.. ya yall wanna shit on him because what? Yall don't agree with him? or him you? lol

This place i swear lol. View attachment 61301

Has nothing to do with his opinions. I don't like the way he dumps on commenters who aren't even talking shit, they just happen to say something that bothers him and he completely overreacts. One guy just mentions KJs podcast agreeing with him and he went off on the guy

morgulon1

Reaction score

This place i swear lol. View attachment 61301
Because he attacks anyone that he thinks doesn't go 100% with HIS take. He's the
Alpha and Omega, the beginning and end. How dare anyone go against him .
He's very aggressive to where its comical. I simply stay away from his channel.
Too many options to put up with that.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Top Billin is a narcissistic, childish, thin-skinned racist clown. I'm not going to click on any more of his crap. Much better analysis anyway from other channels, KJ and Sherm among others. Sure, he's right about some things, like a broken clock is right twice a day. So I did click on this one last video of his, and yes, he's more or less on target regarding Geno's play vs. Cincy, and showed it with relevant video breakdowns. All the while whining and complaining about ignorant Seattle fans. If he's dissing KJ that just shows how delusional and narcissistic he is. The stupid shit TB says in the comments, juvenile attacks on anyone who disagrees with him, "Seattle people", lumping us all together and dissing us, just ridiculous and bad for his business, though he doesn't seem to understand that part of it. It's too bad, because every now and then he has some funny schitt to say, like showing 6 edge rushers on the field, 3 each side, as if that's the D Seattle would run with all the edge players on the roster, that was actually funny.

He talks schitt about Atlanta fans too, what part of "juvenile posters are part of the YouTube territory" does he not understand? I doubt NFL fanbases are that much different, all have thoughtful, knowledgeable fans, and all have ignorant trolling meatheads.

Last edited: