What On Earth Is Happening?

Mick063

Reaction score
Pete is great with the players that make less money than him. It's after they get paid that they start feeling like they'd heard it all before, they know it all and then soon begin to tire of Pete's rah rah rah stuff. What they fail to identify is that it was Carroll that got them where they longed to be and it was Carroll that gave them the tools they needed to get there.

I'm not (yet) the world's biggest Pete Carroll fan but I totally feel he is under appreciated by many of his former vets and that speaks more about who they are than it does about who he is. With Wilson finally gone, I'm now rooting hard for Pete Carroll. With those handcuffs off, I look forward to seeing what he can do going forward. And I find myself as excited for him as I am the fans and franchise. Go Pete.
Ever watch Richrd Sherman's podcast? He invites former players as guests. They sure seem to talk glowingly about Pete. Now Schnieder is a different story. Probably because he isn't the personal relationship guy. He is the "business is business" guy. The revealer of bad news. The guy that asks you to take the pay cut. Every team has one.

It reminds me of the leadership roles on a US Navy ship. The captain plays the good guy. The motivator. The morale booster. The Executive Officer is the bad guy. The enforcer. The guy that fails you on inspections. It is all by intentional design from centuries of tradition and refinement.

What you say is likely true for a very few number of specific players that grab media attention, but hundreds of players have filtered through the organization and many appreciate their former association with it. For example, Cliff Avril. The guy still bleeds Seahawk blue to this day.