Top 25 QBs of All Time

chris98251

Reaction score
scutterhawk":13mscq6n said:
flv":13mscq6n said:
chris98251":13mscq6n said:
flv":13mscq6n said:
I grew up watching football from that era, it's what made me a fan, the grit and toughness of those guys and the grace and acrobatic elegance doing it under circumstances that todays players would have trouble in a large percentage with their mentality's today even seeing the field.

Don't tell me and others that seen football from those days in real time that they should be discredited from history, they are the history and foundation of the game.

Funny a person from the UK telling us what History and players are and who should be included in a historical list when they really didn't even broadcast to the UK unless it was the Super Bowl starting around the 1980's.
You've gone from straw-man bullshit about pyramids to telling a 50-something year-old to put down a Playstation to saying I should watch game-film that doesn't exist. Now you want to try some racist superiority argument based on where I was born or now live? To the Foe List with your illiterate, racist, stupidity.
Your "illiterate, racist, stupidity" statement is a horse shit comeback.
So tell us 50 something year old, (young'un) are you also aware that IN ONE SEASON, there were several players killed back in the late 20's?, leading up to that GAME CHANGING ERA, when (for safety's sake) the Forward Pass was implemented ....Games before the 1960's were just as brutal, if not more-so, and the players wore less protective padding, + the rules for protecting a Quarterback was a joke.
There were hundreds of Life altering injuries, so Something had to be done, or Football as we know it, would probably have been banned.

No worries, when someone has nothing they resort to this stuff, I am not worried, doubt he is 50 something also, games were not really broadcast on the airwaves till the 60's you had to listen on radio. Why the UK statement, and yes there is old 8mm footage they restored and or copied to tape you can look at if you had the intelligence to simply search and find it.

The fact you hold on to the game should not incorporate the past players in your argument also indicates you don't have a background to make that argument. There is more technology today to help players achieve better numbers, rule changes so players can play without some of the dangerous hits etc. But the game is still about moving the length of the field more then your opponent and scoring more then they do and about the defense trying to stop them.

Also I am more then likely on more ignore lists then just him due to many not having the backbone to make an argument that's valid and get caught holding their dick and pissing into the wind.

Then again you could ask me do I care …... :lol:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2qod5t9e said:
scutterhawk":2qod5t9e said:
flv":2qod5t9e said:
You've gone from straw-man bullshit about pyramids to telling a 50-something year-old to put down a Playstation to saying I should watch game-film that doesn't exist. Now you want to try some racist superiority argument based on where I was born or now live? To the Foe List with your illiterate, racist, stupidity.
Your "illiterate, racist, stupidity" statement is a horse shit comeback.
So tell us 50 something year old, (young'un) are you also aware that IN ONE SEASON, there were several players killed back in the late 20's?, leading up to that GAME CHANGING ERA, when (for safety's sake) the Forward Pass was implemented ....Games before the 1960's were just as brutal, if not more-so, and the players wore less protective padding, + the rules for protecting a Quarterback was a joke.
There were hundreds of Life altering injuries, so Something had to be done, or Football as we know it, would probably have been banned.

No worries, when someone has nothing they resort to this stuff, I am not worried, doubt he is 50 something also, games were not really broadcast on the airwaves till the 60's you had to listen on radio. Why the UK statement, and yes there is old 8mm footage they restored and or copied to tape you can look at if you had the intelligence to simply search and find it.

The fact you hold on to the game should not incorporate the past players in your argument also indicates you don't have a background to make that argument. There is more technology today to help players achieve better numbers, rule changes so players can play without some of the dangerous hits etc. But the game is still about moving the length of the field more then your opponent and scoring more then they do and about the defense trying to stop them.

Also I am more then likely on more ignore lists then just him due to many not having the backbone to make an argument that's valid and get caught holding their dick and pissing into the wind.

Then again you could ask me do I care …... :lol:
Cool :2thumbs:

endzorn

Reaction score
#1 - Dave Krieg. I’m not even going to look because I know who the greatest QB in NFL history is...Mudbone. Fact.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
In a genuine sense the making of an all time list is a flawed concept b/c of the nature of the way the game has changed. Rules changes have made present day QBs significantly more productive, today the DBs are very limited in the way the can play compared to the old days, along with change of focus by DCs and OCs.

Which is better? My thinking is it's a personal choice thing or like different flavours of ice cream. Comparing their stats is unfair to the older QBs who face the Mel Blount, Ken Easley type DBs who brought a new meaning to bump and run. Mugging happened regularly to WRs.

There is however little doubt that some of the older guys were pretty talented. Some of them would like the don't rub the QB rules changes w/o a doubt as their careers would have been extended.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
endzorn":m8e54qyn said:
#1 - Dave Krieg. I’m not even going to look because I know who the greatest QB in NFL history is...Mudbone. Fact.

It's the greatest QB's of all time list, not the smallest hands of all time list.

I always have a hard time with these list that are comparing QB's from such vastly different eras. Really the only issue I have on this list is Bradshaw, who IMO along with Joe Namath is the most overrated QB of all time.

- 51% completion percentage
- two more TD's thrown than Interceptions
- #60 on all time passing yards (Jon Kitna has more career passing yards)

Congrats Terry for playing with the greatest defense of all time for almost the entirety of your career and getting enough SB wins so people think you were good. Any other franchise and you're just another schmuck who played in the 70's.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
acer1240":200saxje said:
I'm surprised that Rivers does not get more love. He's better than the rapist for sure.

Sorry but anyone who thinks the rapist is a worse all time qb than rivers is blinded by bias imo

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2eci0y9r said:
endzorn":2eci0y9r said:

It's the greatest QB's of all time list, not the smallest hands of all time list.

I always have a hard time with these list that are comparing QB's from such vastly different eras. Really the only issue I have on this list is Bradshaw, who IMO along with Joe Namath is the most overrated QB of all time.

Congrats Terry for playing with the greatest defense of all time for almost the entirety of your career and getting enough SB wins so people think you were good. Any other franchise and you're just another schmuck who played in the 70's.
The rules were way different in those times so be fair..
Joe Namath was great till his head and fame got into booze..
His knees were shot also.
Terry Bradshaw -I can agree with as he had a great D but he also
had two HOf WR's.
We put any modern Qb in those times..Their ratings would be
way down..It was a different game with real hitting allowed.
A QB got killed trying to pass or run too much.
It's something that needs to be understood before writing off
past QB's or hyping up present day QB's..

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":frya2zu5 said:
Sgt. Largent":frya2zu5 said:
endzorn":frya2zu5 said:

had two HOf WR's.

More QB's hung it up due to knee injuries then age, Bert Jones was another guy that you could call the Big Ben of his day but smarter, Arm of a Cannon Moved and Ran, smart reading defenses, lousy line and they beat the holy shit out of him till he could not come back when he became a Ram and had a neck injury.

To sum him up here's a thought.

On the eve of Super Bowl XLII, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, in discussing his choices for the greatest quarterbacks of all time, described Jones as the best "pure passer" he had ever seen.[14]

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3ig6jft4 said:
Sgt. Largent":3ig6jft4 said:
endzorn":3ig6jft4 said:

had two HOf WR's.

I understand all this, and I still think Bradshaw was wildly overrated, even for his time. Griese, Staubach, Tarkenton, Fouts, Stabler and Jones........all better IMO.

IMO Bradshaw is more along the lines of the Jim Harts, Billy Kilmer, Archie Manning and Ken Anderson's of the 70's. Put any of these guys on the 70's Steelers instead of their crap teams and voila, you just landed yourself on the all time greatest list.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
therealjohncarlson":6e441i61 said:
acer1240":6e441i61 said:
I'm surprised that Rivers does not get more love. He's better than the rapist for sure.

Sorry but anyone who thinks the rapist is a worse all time qb than rivers is blinded by bias imo

scutterhawk

Reaction score
The League tried to slow down the injuries of Quarterbacks -- "In The Grasp" helped a bunch, but that's a term you don't hear at all now days.
There were players that played overaggressive long after the whistle blew ( like Ndatgumned Suh), and accidentally (wink, wink) roll up on a Quarterbacks knees.
Let's face it though, the Refs sometimes will swallow their whistles when a Quarterback keep the ball and takes off running like Wilson did, and like a lot of others will continue to do.
No matter how some want to water it down on the new generation Quarterbacks, after having taken a plethora of hard hits, sacks & roll-ups, it shouldn't be minimized, that Wilson has damned well earned his #18 spot on that list.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":358lak1g said:
IndyHawk":358lak1g said:
Sgt. Largent":358lak1g said:
endzorn":358lak1g said:

had two HOf WR's.

More QB's hung it up due to knee injuries then age, Bert Jones was another guy that you could call the Big Ben of his day but smarter, Arm of a Cannon Moved and Ran, smart reading defenses, lousy line and they beat the holy shit out of him till he could not come back when he became a Ram and had a neck injury.

To sum him up here's a thought.

On the eve of Super Bowl XLII, New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, in discussing his choices for the greatest quarterbacks of all time, described Jones as the best "pure passer" he had ever seen.[14]
I forgot about Jones..He was great until shoulder injuries if I recall..
Sgt..I agreed with you on Bradshaw