Top 25 QBs of All Time

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
#18 all time. With the names on this list it puts him at #4 in terms of QBs currently playing.

acer1240

Reaction score
I'm surprised that Rivers does not get more love. He's better than the rapist for sure.

HawkGA

Reaction score
But the rapist has rings. Not just one, but plural. Haven't clicked the list yet, but I would guess the multiple puts Eli ahead of Rivers too.

acer1240

Reaction score
You should read it. It's really well written. Other than Ben being on it, it's hard for me to argue any of them.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is solid statistical analysis you can throw at the haters when needed.

18) Russell Wilson
Seattle Seahawks, 2012-present

Wilson hasn't put in nearly as much time as the other players that are listed here among the league's pantheon of all-time quarterbacks. That's OK, because his first seven seasons as a starter rate just as well as that of almost any QB in league history. Forget that he's already started two Super Bowls, and only missed the postseason once. Wilson has proven over the last four seasons that, as the team around him has decayed and lost many a key part, that he can carry his squad to victory. Sure, early during his career, Wilson could trot out there and say, "We score 17 points today we might win." Now, the entire Seattle fan base looks to him to pull a rabbit out of a hat when a game looks like a lost cause. He's the most effective player in the NFL, by far, at knowing when to use his legs and when to throw the ball away. His career passer rating is over 100. Career passer rating. Most importantly, he's clutch, even when the chips are way down. Remember the 2015 Divisional Round game in Carolina, when the Seahawks were down four scores and nearly came back to tie it up? I do.

Stat you need to know: NFL Research maven Jack Andrade found that since Next Gen Stats began tracking comprehensive passing stats in 2016, Russell Wilson leads all QBs in passing yards outside of the tackle box (2,122) and passing yards while on the run (2,087). He also leads the league in touchdown passes on tight-window throws (22) and deep completions (32), which are categorized as throws that travel 20 air yards or more. Too bad Seattle didn't air it out more against the Cowboys in the Wild Card Round.

flv

Reaction score
Pre 1960's players make it a BS list. I have nothing against those players but their inclusion is based on stats, reputation, and guesswork in semi-pro ball with vastly different rules.

chris98251

Reaction score
flv":3ispfymh said:
Pre 1960's players make it a BS list. I have nothing against those players but their inclusion is based on stats, reputation, and guesswork in semi-pro ball with vastly different rules.

So we can throw out all sports stats for all sports prior to the 90's I guess and say they were all bush league because it was a different Era. With different styles, different rules, different mentality.

All the Stars from Soccer, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey and any other sport should not be included in any lists or history's because they were not the guys working 24 7 using enhanced diets, medicine, and training facilities for both medical and physical optimization.

We could also say the same for any History of Countries or achievements that are not done with computers and materials made of composites that are more efficient today. Yep Bull Doze those Egyptian Pyramids, they were made in a time without Computers and with Slave Labor in fact and should not exist.

What I am getting to is those 60's,70's and 50's era players played without all the enhancements of today and put up good numbers for seasons or 8 and 10 and 12 games a season. They built the foundation for what your watching today which many feel is a diminished game due to a pussification mentality of many players today in all sports compared to those of that era that played with more pain they many will ever know and it wasn't for the money as much as the love of the game and their team mates.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1wtogegv said:
flv":1wtogegv said:

So we can throw out all sports stats for all sports prior to the 90's I guess and say they were all bush league because it was a different Era. With different styles, different rules, different mentality.

All the Stars from Soccer, Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey and any other sport should not be included in any lists or history's because they were not the guys working 24 7 using enhanced diets, medicine, and training facilities for both medical and physical optimization.

We could also say the same for any History of Countries or achievements that are not done with computers and materials made of composites that are more efficient today. Yep Bull Doze those Egyptian Pyramids, they were made in a time without Computers and with Slave Labor in fact and should not exist.

What I am getting to is those 60's,70's and 50's era players played without all the enhancements of today and put up good numbers for seasons or 8 and 10 and 12 games a season. They built the foundation for what your watching today which many feel is a diminished game due to a pussification mentality of many players today in all sports compared to those of that era that played with more pain they many will ever know and it wasn't for the money as much as the love of the game and their team mates.
You forgot the PEDS/Steroids that helped a lot of enhanced stats

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":3j5hzq42 said:
chris98251":3j5hzq42 said:
flv":3j5hzq42 said:

LOL, Yeah, I don't know that all those Quarterbacks (especially Russell Wilson), would have even made it on that list without the help of all the" PEDS/Steroids" :roll:

flv

Reaction score
chris98251":zck2w3kh said:

For all I care you can compare a 21st century teacher in Seattle with a 19th century teacher in Africa and a 17th century teacher in India. If all you have to make your 'best teaching performance' list with are attendance records and exam results from the appropriate time your list will be BS.

I'm not crapping on pre 1960 players but it was effectively a different game, played by amateurs, and the performance analysis is unreliable. By all means celebrate their accomplishments but comparing them with with a different game from a different era is a nonsense.

chris98251

Reaction score
flv":2afyyhec said:
chris98251":2afyyhec said:

For all I care you can compare a 21st century teacher in Seattle with a 19th century teacher in Africa and a 17th century teacher in India. If all you have to make your 'best teaching performance' list with are attendance records and exam results from the appropriate time your list will be BS.

I'm not crapping on pre 1960 players but it was effectively a different game, played by amateurs, and the performance analysis is unreliable. By all means celebrate their accomplishments but comparing them with with a different game from a different era is a nonsense.

Played in college like todays athletes, went to the NFL like todays athletes, had trainers and coaches like todays athletes, got paid like todays athletes just not as much.

As far as analysis it's not hard, watch the damn games, you need to put your Madden down and get off the couch, although most today hardly have stepped outside in the sun let alone played the game or want or are willing to see how those guys gutted through situations. Yeah Mud, Ice, cold, snow, Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg, Ronnie Lott had his Pinky finger cut off at a knuckle, you won't see that kind of toughness and desire at all or very, very rarely today. Your right it is a different game, one that people have very little understanding of other then Fantasy football stats and Madden. People forget the love many have for the game, the wiliness to push their body beyond extremes to support their team mates. The heart of these men to be the best and not just take home a paycheck.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
scutterhawk":22053h1k said:
IndyHawk":22053h1k said:
chris98251":22053h1k said:
flv":22053h1k said:

LOL, Yeah, I don't know that all those Quarterbacks (especially Russell Wilson), would have even made it on that list without the help of all the" PEDS/Steroids" :roll:
My bad..I was stating that when it went to players and other sports..
I know you gotta defend your idol :lol:

toffee

Reaction score
#18 or not, he is still a too short, not black enough game manager.

flv

Reaction score
chris98251":2j6xc01a said:
Played in college like todays athletes, went to the NFL like todays athletes, had trainers and coaches like todays athletes, got paid like todays athletes just not as much.

As far as analysis it's not hard, watch the damn games, you need to put your Madden down and get off the couch, although most today hardly have stepped outside in the sun let alone played the game or want or are willing to see how those guys gutted through situations. Yeah Mud, Ice, cold, snow, Jack Youngblood played with a broken leg, Ronnie Lott had his Pinky finger cut off at a knuckle, you won't see that kind of toughness and desire at all or very, very rarely today. Your right it is a different game, one that people have very little understanding of other then Fantasy football stats and Madden. People forget the love many have for the game, the wiliness to push their body beyond extremes to support their team mates. The heart of these men to be the best and not just take home a paycheck.
When you've watched 50+ full games of someone who played prior to 1960 you come back and let us know your opinion. :roll:

chris98251

Reaction score
flv":2at66fse said:
chris98251":2at66fse said:

When you've watched 50+ full games of someone who played prior to 1960 you come back and let us know your opinion. :roll:

I grew up watching football from that era, it's what made me a fan, the grit and toughness of those guys and the grace and acrobatic elegance doing it under circumstances that todays players would have trouble in a large percentage with their mentality's today even seeing the field.

Don't tell me and others that seen football from those days in real time that they should be discredited from history, they are the history and foundation of the game.

Funny a person from the UK telling us what History and players are and who should be included in a historical list when they really didn't even broadcast to the UK unless it was the Super Bowl starting around the 1980's.

flv

Reaction score
chris98251":ew12r865 said:
flv":ew12r865 said:
I grew up watching football from that era, it's what made me a fan, the grit and toughness of those guys and the grace and acrobatic elegance doing it under circumstances that todays players would have trouble in a large percentage with their mentality's today even seeing the field.

Don't tell me and others that seen football from those days in real time that they should be discredited from history, they are the history and foundation of the game.

Funny a person from the UK telling us what History and players are and who should be included in a historical list when they really didn't even broadcast to the UK unless it was the Super Bowl starting around the 1980's.
You've gone from straw-man bullshit about pyramids to telling a 50-something year-old to put down a Playstation to saying I should watch game-film that doesn't exist. Now you want to try some racist superiority argument based on where I was born or now live? To the Foe List with your illiterate, racist, stupidity.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
IndyHawk":lazp272u said:
scutterhawk":lazp272u said:
IndyHawk":lazp272u said:
chris98251":lazp272u said:

My bad..I was stating that when it went to players and other sports..
I know you gotta defend your idol :lol:
Defend?.... #18 of 25 BEST EVER to play the game Nuff Said.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
flv":1xhn125q said:
chris98251":1xhn125q said:
flv":1xhn125q said:

You've gone from straw-man bullshit about pyramids to telling a 50-something year-old to put down a Playstation to saying I should watch game-film that doesn't exist. Now you want to try some racist superiority argument based on where I was born or now live? To the Foe List with your illiterate, racist, stupidity.
Your "illiterate, racist, stupidity" statement is a horse shit comeback.
So tell us 50 something year old, (young'un) are you also aware that IN ONE SEASON, there were several players killed back in the late 20's?, leading up to that GAME CHANGING ERA, when (for safety's sake) the Forward Pass was implemented ....Games before the 1960's were just as brutal, if not more-so, and the players wore less protective padding, + the rules for protecting a Quarterback was a joke.
There were hundreds of Life altering injuries, so Something had to be done, or Football as we know it, would probably have been banned.