This team can still win the Super Bowl...

toffee

Reaction score
Winning out rest of the games would be a nightmare for Folks in dot net, winning out means Pete stays. For the fire Pete brigade, all games are must loss, and must lost in a way that Russ excelled but defense gave up the games. The way Jody will fire Pete and keep Russ, sun comes out, birds start singing. If our defense excelled by becoming top 3 in points allowed, but Russ sucks, then no good, Pete stays and Russ leaves.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Beren

Reaction score
Not a cat's chance in hell.

I'd love to see the strength of your convictions in bet slips :lol:

RiverDog

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":691wq28s said:
If the Lions are still in the hunt, then so are we.

Lol

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/here ... ostseason/

The NY Times had their chances pegged at 0%, but apparently, they rounded off to the nearest one thousandth.

Edit: One of the things that had to happen was that the Steelers had to beat the Vikings. Minnesota won last night, so wait until next year, Jared Goff fans!

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":yf4a0z3e said:
4-8 and people are talking playoffs and the Super Bowl. LOLOL. This place never disappoints.

I'm just here to promote enthusiasm and positive vibes for the team. Even if it means making wild ass predictions.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":tmk4uwdw said:
After last weeks loss there was a 1% chance of making the playoffs. This week it’s 3%. It’s trending in the right direction!

A 3% chance of making the playoffs means there's a 97% chance we won't. Losing potential tiebreaker games to the Saints, Vikings and WFT sealed pretty much any chance of sneaking in, should this team miraculously win out.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tusc2000":kfrjg056 said:
oldhawkfan":kfrjg056 said:
After last weeks loss there was a 1% chance of making the playoffs. This week it’s 3%. It’s trending in the right direction!

A 3% chance of making the playoffs means there's a 97% chance we won't. Losing potential tiebreaker games to the Saints, Vikings and WFT sealed pretty much any chance of sneaking in, should this team miraculously win out.

Not that it makes any difference, but we had a 3% chance of making the playoffs before the Niners game. Winning that game didn't increase it, we're still stuck at 3%.

WarHawks

Reaction score
At first, I thought this was obvious satire. And then I kept reading and realized the op was serious. But then I kept thinking, you know what, why not? Anything can happen in the nfl. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team. Go Hawks!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If the Seahawks play their "A" game, they can beat the Rams. The Rams are playing the Cards on Monday night. That is going to be a tough game. Then they will have a short week before facing the Seahawks on Sunday. Of course, it all hinges on which Seahawk team shows up to play. Hopefully it's not the one that showed up for 8 games they lost.

toffee

Reaction score
hawkfan68":cbxo2hm1 said:
If the Seahawks play their "A" game, they can beat the Rams. The Rams are playing the Cards on Monday night. That is going to be a tough game. Then they will have a short week before facing the Seahawks on Sunday. Of course, it all hinges on which Seahawk team shows up to play. Hopefully it's not the one that showed up for 8 games they lost.

Hawks will show up for sure, I guarantee it. Russ will show up now that his finger has gotten the ten weeks of healing, he is playing for his trade value and contract $$$, weather balloon is up, team exes are watching, limelight is ON, expect 3-4TD. Pete is coaching to not getting fired, expect defense to allow less than 17 points. Lockett will do another leadership speech to fire up the guys, and they shall response positively as they had responded to Lockett's speech before the 9ers game.

We will kick the Rams' azz, by 2 TDs

Go Hawks.

RiverDog

Reaction score
hawkfan68":38jzve4e said:

toffee":38jzve4e said:
Hawks will show up for sure, I guarantee it. Russ will show up now that his finger has gotten the ten weeks of healing, he is playing for his trade value and contract $$$, weather balloon is up, team exes are watching, limelight is ON, expect 3-4TD. Pete is coaching to not getting fired, expect defense to allow less than 17 points. Lockett will do another leadership speech to fire up the guys, and they shall response positively as they had responded to Lockett's speech before the 9ers game.

Go Hawks.

You guarantee it? ROFLMAO! Did you make the same guarantee prior to last season's playoff game vs. the Rams?

I agree with Hawkfan68. The way we've played recently and considering how other teams around the league have been so inconsistent, we can beat any team in the league...ON A GIVEN DAY. This Hawks team has been wildly inconsistent even from first half to second half and even when Russell was completely healthy.

No way would I want to lay down any significant amount of cash on any possible outcome.

toffee

Reaction score
RiverDog":1dxawzj5 said:
hawkfan68":1dxawzj5 said:

toffee":1dxawzj5 said:

Go Hawks.

You guarantee it? ROFLMAO! Did you make the same guarantee prior to last season's playoff game vs. the Rams?

I agree with Hawkfan68. The way we've played recently and considering how other teams around the league have been so inconsistent, we can beat any team in the league...ON A GIVEN DAY. This Hawks team has been wildly inconsistent even from first half to second half and even when Russell was completely healthy.

No way would I want to lay down any significant amount of cash on any possible outcome.

I shall celebrate when we dominate the Rams.

RiverDog

Reaction score
toffee":2ttu8ppk said:

And I'll be right there with ya should we win. Love your enthusiasm, but stay away from the sports books.

toffee

Reaction score
RiverDog":1qvoo0jc said:
toffee":1qvoo0jc said:

And I'll be right there with ya should we win. Love your enthusiasm, but stay away from the sports books.
We can and should praise or critique our team and players, that is what we do as fans. But come game time, we are 100% in on our team! I don't see why we couldn't win this one, a few IFs, like we need a running game, hello Penny. We need our defense to be even more stingy on points, hello Pete. But we shall win.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":2qzesa2p said:
Really, Penny is the key to the whole resurgence. He'll have a dream where Walter Payton, Billy Sims and Jim Brown all come to him and convince him to eat Earl Campbell's hot-link sausages 3x a day. After that he averages 200 yards and 2 TDs (per game...not per season or per career).

And so it begins...

OP
OP
fenderbender123

fenderbender123

Reaction score
WarHawks":1ijvbi5i said:
At first, I thought this was obvious satire. And then I kept reading and realized the op was serious. But then I kept thinking, you know what, why not? Anything can happen in the nfl. Nothing wrong with having faith in your team. Go Hawks!

It's half satire/half cheerleading.

vihawk

Reaction score
The one thing that can work in Seattle's favour is the fact they are in playoff mode now. Being in Canada, we watch the NHL and follow our teams closely. Every couple of years a team that is near the bottom in standings halfway through the season will get hot and make the playoffs. When they make the playoffs, they bring a level of intensity that results in a long playoff run. (Kind of like the giants a decade ago) The winner of the Conn Smythe Trophy is usually that player who gets that look in his eye that states "Do not get between me and the Stanley Cup!" If Seattle can light the fire and make a run at the playoffs they can do some damage when they get there.
This is not likely to happen but it does happen. Now if my memory serves me right, didn't one of the team members say something to the effect of "Why not us?"
Now we can hate on Pete John and Russ all we want but the main draft strategy they never employ ( unlike the other 3 teams in the division) is the forgot to tank every couple of years.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
I admire the optimism and will continue to watch this dumpster fire of a season with renewed interest. It would be a cool story if we managed to make another deep playoff run on a 7-9 or 8-8 season.