This team can still win the Super Bowl...

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Are you in? I really like our chances.

First off. Do you think Russ is going to allow a losing season? Hell no. He doesn't want one on the stat sheet. So we already know for a fact that this team will win out the season. And if they do that, odds are they make the playoffs.

From there, the defense starts to click, and so does the offensive line. The ghost of Vince Lombardi visits each offensive lineman during their dreams, and coaches them up like nobody else could eve do. I'm pretty sure this will happen.

Not only that, but we have Pete Carroll. He knows what he's doing. Him and Russ are just the best together. They got this. I trust Paul Allen's trust in him.

LTH

Reaction score
I actually put money down for the Hawks to win a couple of weeks ago @ +10500 Twisted husky told me that was the easiest money Vegas ever made he might have been right...But I agree that they have the talent to win it but they would have to play their A game all the time IF they even manage to get into the playoffs. Not a good bet...but then I had the extra 100 bucks sooooo...

LTH

James in PA

Reaction score
I still don't think we will win out (thanks, Rams), but even if we do, I'm fearful of a 1986 scenario: We finish the season on fire, but barely miss the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flv

Reaction score
5 games to play and 1 more loss will ensure a losing season. This is not a team that's going to run the table.

LTH

Reaction score
flv":jyjb3du1 said:
5 games to play and 1 more loss will ensure a losing season. This is not a team that's going to run the table.

At this point I think you could make that argument BUT... If Russ gets HOT like he showed signs of against the niners he has the receivers to do it...there isn't a D in the league that can stop this O when it's clicking. But for that to happen even if Russ gets HOT they need Penny or someone to step up in the run game... and the D has to be consistent with pass rush for it to work out...as well, they need help from the league... we will see

LTH

Tusc2000

Reaction score
I'd be thrilled to get to 8-9.
Super Bowl? Child, please.

kidhawk

Reaction score
my heart screams "we still have a chance", but my brain quickly tosses some cold water all over that. It's hard for me to see this team being consistent enough to win out from now through February.

toffee

Reaction score
When we win out and other teams somehow loss enough for us to get into the playoff? Ha, all playoff teams have a lot to worry about us, our guys will be on extreme high spirit, especially one Russel Wilson and one Bobby Wagner. Let's review our season, as bad as we were, we lost by less than 3 points to Titans, Steelers, Saints and WFT. Our record could have been very different if we had a bit of luck or played just a bit better, even if we won just one of those four.

Do I think we could win out? Absolutely! Guess what? if that happens, Pete will win the coach of the year, and dot net may explode as Pete will be here to stay.

Go Hawks.

cymatica

Reaction score
Super bowl is a pipe dream, playoffs are a small possibility. They have a track record of poor game planning and being late to make adjustments. They don't have the raw talent to overcome that and the lack of discipline. Oline is injured and below average.

They pissed away the first half of the season with numerous bad coaching decisions and poor execution, while looking like one of the worst teams at times. Not sure why anyone actually thinks they can make a run in the playoffs

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
After last weeks loss there was a 1% chance of making the playoffs. This week it’s 3%. It’s trending in the right direction!

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
4-8 and people are talking playoffs and the Super Bowl. LOLOL. This place never disappoints.

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":jcgqekyk said:
4-8 and people are talking playoffs and the Super Bowl. LOLOL. This place never disappoints.

I think it's a bit of a stretch as well, but you cannot deny what could happen if Russ gets hot. It's not like they don't have the receivers to do it... If they get Penny going and the D keeps improving every week and they get a little help from the league it's possible but unlikely...

LTH

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I will buy in. Crazier shit has happened. Plus, we should have been winning the last few weeks. Could have beat packers, could have beat cards, could have beat wft. We just didn't. Anyone else who thinks we should have lost those games is crazy for sure. Too many things went wrong.

We can run the table. No one fears the Rams. They always play us tight, but even this year they have shown they can be beat. Just hang in there.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The odds of the Hawks winning the SB are the same as the odds are that the Dolphins would win. In short that is incredibly unlikely.

At 4-8 it would take a minor miracle to happen. Just don’t think this team presently has the juice to make it happen. Incredible surprises have happened before with the Hawks another other teams so ever isn’t really for certain yet.

Nice to see a hopeful post like the one which opened the thread.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
Please..Never, never, ever compare the Tua QB'd Dolphins to the Russell Wilson led Seahawks.

It's too rotten-apples to oranges.

Not even Play-doh! Tom-ah-to.

LTH

Reaction score
For me the most unlikely Part of it is league giving them some help in making the play offs... if they Beat the Rams they have a shot.. and it's not like the Rams are hot right now... I'm just saying we all know what Russ is capable of... we all know how good the receiving core is... the D has played good enough to keep even the best D's under 20 points and special teams is hot...

LTH

hugecanoli

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2t383xxc said:

Normal Society: Wins 2 bucks on a scratch off = I won a cup of coffee or another scratcher

.NET: Wins 2 bucks on a scratch off = I'm rich bitch! I could be a millionaire!

That SF win was nice to sweep those jerkoffs, but all that win was equates to a $2 scratcher win.

I'm no pessimist...I'm a realist. Go ahead and have faith, I'm cool with that but sometimes I think things like this are posted for the singular reason of stirring the pot and getting responses. I guess I fell for it hook, line & sinker but it's so preposterous people actually live like this.

Nothing changes if nothing changes. People will take the easy remaining schedule wins as progress when in reality it means punting solving the real issues at hand for another year. Sometimes you just gotta pull the bad tooth and get it over with.

RiverDog

Reaction score
I'm not sure how they calculate the odds, but according to this, we have a 3% chance of making the playoffs, about the same as it was before our win last week vs. the Niners:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cture.html

There's only two teams in the NFC, the Bears and the Lions, that have worse odds than we do. And since we have both of those teams on our remaining schedule, beating them isn't going to help us leap frog the teams ahead of us. We're going to need help...a lot of help.

We've already lost to the Vikings and Saints, so they both own tiebreakers, plus 2 of our 4 wins are against AFC teams with a 3rd AFC team, the Texans, left on our slate.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":1i546f77 said:
I'm not sure how they calculate the odds, but according to this, we have a 3% chance of making the playoffs, about the same as it was before our win last week vs. the Niners:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... cture.html

There's only two teams in the NFC, the Bears and the Lions, that have worse odds than we do. And since we have both of those teams on our remaining schedule, beating them isn't going to help us leap frog the teams ahead of us. We're going to need help...a lot of help.

Your right...but ya know if all else fails, I REALLY would enjoy a lopsided victory vs LA...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":1gs59b44 said:
Your right...but ya know if all else fails, I REALLY would enjoy a lopsided victory vs LA...

LTH

It wouldn't be as satisfying as sweeping the Niners as I don't have any friends of mine that are Rams fans.