This D is going to SHOCK you. It's going to be GREAT

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Welshers":1xdklzrn said:
Well, well, well.... Top 5 D since the 1st Rams game. Can we call it great?

I would call it adequate.....but great is yet to come. Great thread tho....I will give it that.

hawk45

Reaction score
It's not the LOB but earlier in the season we'd give 50 to the crack addict on the street corner who just got thrust into starting QB.

Rams have always had our number, this was a very encouraging defensive performance to me.

keasley45

Reaction score
We / they played one hell of a game. Felt like shades of the LOB days.

And the thing that's most promising when you watch the D is that they continue to make opposing qbs uncomfortable, even when they aren't getting sacks, and the communication on the back end and between the Lbs and Dbs looks to be pretty tight. If Bobby and Adams can keep the D at this level of focus and performance, we will be a tough out.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Mizak":2i4a8g5y said:
Welshers":2i4a8g5y said:
Well, well, well.... Top 5 D since the 1st Rams game. Can we call it great?

Has this D played Rogers, Brees, Mahomes yet? I’m still skeptical.

If you don’t think after watching this team since the 2nd half of the last Rams game- that’s 6.5 games- that this I s a top10 or so defense....I just feel bad for ya. Are we historic level 2013? No...but is that your bar?

This defense can win a championship. No doubt about it.

tersal

Reaction score
Welshers":2wvaltqk said:
Everyone calm down AND TRUST THE PLAN. Pete is a guy who formed maybe the best D in NFL history. He won us a SB and is going to get us back on track. There are all sorts of reasons we will turn it around:

-Dunbar playing injured was a HUGE part of why we were so bad. We basically were minus a guy on D.
-We will be getting our best corner back in Shaq.
-We will also be getting the guy who was our sack leader before yesterday back in Mayowa. Don't forget about guys like Amadi.
-Everyone needs to realize that this was Adams first game back and Dunlap's first with the team. Pete even said Carlos only knew about half the guys out there. He played great.
-We got 7 sacks, the most we have got in quite a few years.
-We will make adjustments, just look at how we played in the SF game after our Arizona loss.
-Pete never quits and said there are all sorts of reasons for hope.

Keep trusting in this team guys. This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.
good freaking call.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
FPD":1900jh52 said:
Welshers":1900jh52 said:
This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.

By the way, this last little bit of your opening post reminds me of one kbowen. Now, most of you probably won't remember kbowen, but he predicted the Hawks would win the Super Bowl (Even if it took the Hawks a couple of years to get there. lol). His famous last words were..."Maker my words, Seahawks is Champ!". :lol:

Also, however much I may disagree with your conclusion, I sure hope you're right about the quote above!

Maker my words! That was probably the post of the year way back when.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Wenhawk":1r7taafj said:
FPD":1r7taafj said:
Welshers":1r7taafj said:
This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.

By the way, this last little bit of your opening post reminds me of one kbowen. Now, most of you probably won't remember kbowen, but he predicted the Hawks would win the Super Bowl (Even if it took the Hawks a couple of years to get there. lol). His famous last words were..."Maker my words, Seahawks is Champ!". :lol:

Also, however much I may disagree with your conclusion, I sure hope you're right about the quote above!

Maker my words! That was probably the post of the year way back when.
Looks like we both called this one, Wenhawk