This D is going to SHOCK you. It's going to be GREAT

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
[

Welshers":1n803uxa said:
Keep trusting in this team guys. This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.
Would you bet your life on it? Define "GREAT."
Why would he do that? Would you bet your life he is wrong? If so how do you want to go? It is his opinion, just like the stuff you are writing down is yours. Who actually bets their life on something sports related? You are being such a drama queen. Get over yourself sunshine. :irishdrinkers:

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Not convinced on the "great" part, but more than willing to absorb a different kind of D shock than I've had so far this year.
Have to admit I was encouraged by the 7 sacks last week, just not to the extent that I can overlook the consistent 12/15/20/33 yd sequential gains nearly every possessions they had.

James in PA

Reaction score
This D does shock me. Every time I think they can’t possibly get any worse, they prove me wrong. It will be a miracle if the Hawks hold the Rams to under 35.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leee-roy

Reaction score
Has anybody asked Pete why the DB's are playing so far off in recent interviews? It's like it's prevent defense all game long.

FPD

Reaction score
Welshers":3my747z9 said:
This D will be GREAT in the 2nd half of the season. Mark my words.

By the way, this last little bit of your opening post reminds me of one kbowen. Now, most of you probably won't remember kbowen, but he predicted the Hawks would win the Super Bowl (Even if it took the Hawks a couple of years to get there. lol). His famous last words were..."Maker my words, Seahawks is Champ!". :lol:

Also, however much I may disagree with your conclusion, I sure hope you're right about the quote above!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I would rather have fans say "we" the so caller fans who quit on the team.

Fade

Reaction score
Shanegotyou11":2m24rile said:
You're so ass hurt. It's adorable to know I've had this much of an impact on your life.
And I didn't quit following the team. Just quit making theads on .NET for a while. :irishdrinkers:

cymatica

Reaction score
This defense should be called the shockmaster.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Fade":2anprw6x said:
Shanegotyou11":2anprw6x said:
You're so ass hurt. It's adorable to know I've had this much of an impact on your life.
And I didn't quit following the team. Just quit making theads on .NET for a while. :irishdrinkers:

You took your ball and went home. Say what you want. And actually u dont have me butt hurt. I just call you out like you call others out. You are a great mind of football even if i dont agree with u always. Cheers.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Fade":1rqqrf0n said:
Maelstrom787":1rqqrf0n said:
C'mon, man. Going after the usage of "we" just detracts from the fairer, more objective points you'd already made in the reply.

FWIW, I agree with you on the "we" thing, but you'll see just as much "we friggin' suck!" and "I'd rather cut my own legs off than watch another down of our defense!" as you will "it's okay, we'll turn it around!" type stuff.

I don't think it's necessarily such a big tell.
Hmm… who would you believe and take serious?

The fan droppin' "we" reeking of kool-aid. :179422: Saying, "The D is going to be great, just trust the plan."

-or the fan who posts well reasoned arguments, backed by logic and facts. that's a tough one. :lol:

If a poster says, "we", especially multiple times. l am not going to take what they post very seriously just due to history. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

Personally, I am after info/insite, and laughs. If they cannot provide the former, I am going to have a ball with the latter. If they don't want to get dunked on, they shouldn't post poorly disguised cheerleader threads, trying to give analysis that makes no sense.:irishdrinkers:

I used to think your posts were intelligent until this one. Now I think you're just a condescending idiot.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

What did I say? They were GREAT today vs the #1 ranked O in the league!

nwHawk

Reaction score
Outside of Flowers weak off coverage, I was so happy to see FIRE back again. Just keep getting better and stay healthy, please.

Fade

Reaction score
The Eagles are a juggernaut of an offense. :lol: :lol:

Got the Colt McCoy Giants on deck, followed by the extremely talented Jets, and unstoppable Redskins after. :lol:

We're not going to know where this defense is at truly until week 16, 17, and their first playoff game.

It will all be moot if they beat on tomato cans for a month, and then turn around and get thrashed at the end of the year.

Enjoy the wins, but this is not the quality of competition they will face in the post season. Well, they might get lucky/unlucky, depending on how you look at it and face the NFCE division winner in the playoffs, so there's that. :shock:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If they win a divisional playoff game, that is a success.

The big test is going to be the Rams late in the year. We have a habit of going into the end of the year with 1 or 2 games being the difference between winning the division or losing it. In the past half-decade we have lost those. Not even always against good teams.

So if we can go into the Rams game with a winner takes the division outcome and win? That would show this team made a huge step forward. If not, then don't expect much in the playoffs either.

Philly is a dumpster fire of an offense. But even then we were leaving openings that better QBs WILL exploit. The pass rush is better but so far the secondary looks somewhat improved but not drastically. The big difference is that our stupid giant cushion scheme has been shelved (hopefully forever) and the offenses we play are worse.

But, this year, we never needed a great defense or even a good one, just average.

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":nrg9758h said:
The Eagles are a juggernaut of an offense. :lol: :lol:

Got the Colt McCoy Giants on deck, followed by the extremely talented Jets, and unstoppable Redskins after. :lol:

We're not going to know where this defense is at truly until week 16, 17, and their first playoff game.

It will all be moot if they beat on tomato cans for a month, and then turn around and get thrashed at the end of the year.

Enjoy the wins, but this is not the quality of competition they will face in the post season. Well, they might get lucky/unlucky, depending on how you look at it and face the NFCE division winner in the playoffs, so there's that. :shock:

I guess you could look at it that way... So what if they are not facing the quality competition they will face in the playoffs... what's important right now, and something that you fail to understand, is that this unit learns to play together, learns to communicate and gel as a cohesive unit... better to do that against competition that isn't the best in the league... :roll:

LTH

bmorepunk

Reaction score
There are only seven teams that are scoring less points than the Eagles. They have a crappy offense.

But the Seahawks defense has actually held two teams in a row from a massive onslaught of points and yards at will, and really had Philly clamped down the whole game. I've been dogging the defense all season because other than a couple of opportune turnovers and stops at just the right time they've just let every team absolutely impose their will, regardless of how good the offense is.

The Patriots are barely above 20 PPG on offense this year, and the Seahawks let them score 30. Arizona is averaging just under 24, and the Seahawks let them score 37 in the first game. Buffalo is averaging 27 points, but the Seahawks gave up 44. This defense wasn't even capable of holding teams near their average pretty consistently through the season.

These last two games they played a pretty good offense and a pretty bad one. They held the pretty good one six points under their average and the crappy one four points under their average (it really should be 12, that late TD was actual garbage time and a fluke).

This has been a massive shift, but I don't think it's a coincidence that Wilson has thrown under 250 years in both those games with only 3 combined passing TDs. The Seahawks scored a lot fast earlier in the season with no real way to prevent the other team from easily responding. The result was a lot of edgy shootout games with a couple of comebacks and a lot of near comebacks by opponents.

This team does not need to score 30 PPG, even though Wilson and the crew can rip out TDs pretty consistently when they need to. What they need to do is grind the opponents down on both sides of the ball so they're not ever really in the game. Sometimes that means they're going to be up by only 3-10 points the whole time.

I think if this defense can keep playing like this reasonably these guys have a much better shot to go deeper in the playoffs. And it's a lot more fun to watch than "oh cool, another Wilson passing TD, now I get to watch the other team just go right down and respond".

getnasty

Reaction score
TypeSly":s3al9wfw said:
Fade":s3al9wfw said:
Maelstrom787":s3al9wfw said:
C'mon, man. Going after the usage of "we" just detracts from the fairer, more objective points you'd already made in the reply.

FWIW, I agree with you on the "we" thing, but you'll see just as much "we friggin' suck!" and "I'd rather cut my own legs off than watch another down of our defense!" as you will "it's okay, we'll turn it around!" type stuff.

I don't think it's necessarily such a big tell.
Hmm… who would you believe and take serious?

The fan droppin' "we" reeking of kool-aid. :179422: Saying, "The D is going to be great, just trust the plan."

-or the fan who posts well reasoned arguments, backed by logic and facts. that's a tough one. :lol:

If a poster says, "we", especially multiple times. l am not going to take what they post very seriously just due to history. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

Personally, I am after info/insite, and laughs. If they cannot provide the former, I am going to have a ball with the latter. If they don't want to get dunked on, they shouldn't post poorly disguised cheerleader threads, trying to give analysis that makes no sense.:irishdrinkers:

I used to think your posts were intelligent until this one. Now I think you're just a condescending idiot.

Yeah not the best look for Fade here.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Oh man, Fade is getting dissed on semantics. Tho, bro, you did bring it upon yourself.

There is a decades long...thing...about saying we or they in sports. The old cliche' is, when the team loses you say

"They lost!"

When they win you say "WE WON!"

I guess if we want to get into first person personal pronouns, then applying that to the old standard and saying:

"Our defense is garbage, WE need to find a way to fix it" is actually constructive criticism.

Not the dumb "YOU'RE HAVING A MELTDOWN" knee jerk reaction when you point out something obvious that needs to be fixed.

Isn't that the point of sports anyway? Our lives writ large.