This D is going to SHOCK you. It's going to be GREAT

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
bmorepunk":154vmteb said:
This team does not need to score 30 PPG, even though Wilson and the crew can rip out TDs pretty consistently when they need to. What they need to do is grind the opponents down on both sides of the ball so they're not ever really in the game. Sometimes that means they're going to be up by only 3-10 points the whole time..

They will in the playoffs.

That's really the question we're asking isn't it? Is this defense good enough for the offense to outscore teams like the Rams, Packers, Saints, Bucs, etc in the playoffs to make a serious run at the SB?

Yes, this defense is mediocre with flashes of above average enough for Russell and the offense not to have to score 30+ points to beat the likes of the Eagles, Giants, Skins and Jets.

But are they good enough to help Russell and the offense in order to win close games in the playoffs come January.

The last two games of the season against the Rams and getting healthy and more dangerous Niners will tell us a lot in answering this question heading into the playoffs.

LTH

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":uibystcu said:
bmorepunk":uibystcu said:
This team does not need to score 30 PPG, even though Wilson and the crew can rip out TDs pretty consistently when they need to. What they need to do is grind the opponents down on both sides of the ball so they're not ever really in the game. Sometimes that means they're going to be up by only 3-10 points the whole time..

That's really the question we're asking isn't it? Is this defense good enough for the offense to outscore teams like the Rams, Packers, Saints, Bucs, etc in the playoffs to make a serious run at the SB?

Yes, this defense is mediocre with flashes of above average enough for Russell and the offense not to have to score 30+ points to beat the likes of the Eagles, Giants, Skins and Jets.

But are they good enough to help Russell and the offense in order to win close games in the playoffs come January.

The last two games of the season against the Rams and getting healthy and more dangerous Niners will tell us a lot in answering this question heading into the playoffs.

I just think the schedule is just perfect...the Hawks have three games to work it out against lesser competition before moving on to better competition and finally the playoffs... this is a good thing in my opinion... you guys are right when you say the Rams and Niner game will say a lot about where the Hawks are going into the playoffs... How could it be any better for the Hawks? the biggest thing that can bring the Hawks down is injury's... if they stay healthy I don't see an issue... if they get hit with injuries like losing important players like Dunlap then it gets a bit more complicated... If i were to write a script it could not be set up better...The Hawks are totally in control of their destiny... Carroll is EXACTLY where he wants to be...

LTH

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I don't think this D is going to be great, but it's going to be better. if it can even get to average that'll be good. I think some people didn't realize in this Eagles game that there were A LOT of bad passes and dropped balls to start that game. And the Hawks offense did some pretty horrendous things to start the game with the two failed fourth down conversions. Imagine if the eagles went up 10 to start the game?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
LTH":x27htbni said:
Sgt. Largent":x27htbni said:
bmorepunk":x27htbni said:

I just think the schedule is just perfect...the Hawks have three games to work it out against lesser competition before moving on to better competition and finally the playoffs... this is a good thing in my opinion... you guys are right when you say the Rams and Niner game will say a lot about where the Hawks are going into the playoffs... How could it be any better for the Hawks? the biggest thing that can bring the Hawks down is injury's... if they stay healthy I don't see an issue... if they get hit with injuries like losing important players like Dunlap then it gets a bit more complicated... If i were to write a script it could not be set up better...The Hawks are totally in control of their destiny... Carroll is EXACTLY where he wants to be...

LTH

Health is the most important part of the equation, as it is probably for every contending team.

Certainly is for us, we can't afford for any of the key players on defense to not be 90-100% healthy after the Skins game and into the playoffs (and Carson/Hyde). If they are? We've got just as good of a chance as any team in the NFC.

Even if we're the #2 or #3 seed, I'll take our chances healthy going into any empty stadium on the road.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
getnasty":26rhlil3 said:
TypeSly":26rhlil3 said:
Fade":26rhlil3 said:
Maelstrom787":26rhlil3 said:
C'mon, man. Going after the usage of "we" just detracts from the fairer, more objective points you'd already made in the reply.

FWIW, I agree with you on the "we" thing, but you'll see just as much "we friggin' suck!" and "I'd rather cut my own legs off than watch another down of our defense!" as you will "it's okay, we'll turn it around!" type stuff.

I don't think it's necessarily such a big tell.
Hmm… who would you believe and take serious?

The fan droppin' "we" reeking of kool-aid. :179422: Saying, "The D is going to be great, just trust the plan."

-or the fan who posts well reasoned arguments, backed by logic and facts. that's a tough one. :lol:

If a poster says, "we", especially multiple times. l am not going to take what they post very seriously just due to history. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

Personally, I am after info/insite, and laughs. If they cannot provide the former, I am going to have a ball with the latter. If they don't want to get dunked on, they shouldn't post poorly disguised cheerleader threads, trying to give analysis that makes no sense.:irishdrinkers:

I used to think your posts were intelligent until this one. Now I think you're just a condescending idiot.

Yeah not the best look for Fade here.
Is that why there hasn't been any rumination lately? :sarcasm_on:

LTH

Reaction score
IndyHawk":4s959jsl said:
getnasty":4s959jsl said:
TypeSly":4s959jsl said:
Fade":4s959jsl said:
Hmm… who would you believe and take serious?

The fan droppin' "we" reeking of kool-aid. :179422: Saying, "The D is going to be great, just trust the plan."

-or the fan who posts well reasoned arguments, backed by logic and facts. that's a tough one. :lol:

If a poster says, "we", especially multiple times. l am not going to take what they post very seriously just due to history. If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck…

Personally, I am after info/insite, and laughs. If they cannot provide the former, I am going to have a ball with the latter. If they don't want to get dunked on, they shouldn't post poorly disguised cheerleader threads, trying to give analysis that makes no sense.:irishdrinkers:

I used to think your posts were intelligent until this one. Now I think you're just a condescending idiot.

Yeah not the best look for Fade here.
Is that why there hasn't been any rumination lately? :sarcasm_on:

I think that Fade just doesn't understand the intangibles... he doesn't understand what makes a Carroll coached team special... It's not that I think I know everything about football because I surely do NOT... but what I do THINK I UNDERSTAND is what makes Carroll special..the only reason I have any clue is because I researched it.... the culture he creates on his team, the value of leadership, the value of taking responsibility, the value of maximising who these players are as people, the value of putting players in positions for success... the value of the belief in oneself and the belief in teammates... this is a very DEEP, Irregular to society philosophy that people don't understand... the media doesn't understand... that's why when guys like Dunlap come in he is in heaven because its different than anything else thats going on in the NFL...

you can't judge a Carroll team on stats because it goes so much further than that...Stats don't prove the philosophy.. stats are only a tool to measure... they don't NECESSARILY prove the player... the player proves his potential I know a lot of people are not going to understand that...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":fhltm2od said:
I define the word "great" differently than the OP, that's for sure.

Well if you stopped looking in the mirror so much you may get perspective :)

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":255jf393 said:
chris98251":255jf393 said:
Lol. Do you think our defense has had a game this year where you define their performance as "great"? Not good, not very good; but great?

No, I have explained my thinking behind it several times in different threads. Health and so many new pieces rotating thru it has been a major factor.

If and big if we had what we considered our starters all out there at the same time for weeks in a row I think we could be formidable.

But that has not been the case since week one.

We Statistically have been a smelly Turd for the most part.

Great defenses are looked upon in retrospect, hardly ever in real time until they establish themselves.

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":2wmt7ivo said:
RolandDeschain":2wmt7ivo said:
chris98251":2wmt7ivo said:
Lol. Do you think our defense has had a game this year where you define their performance as "great"? Not good, not very good; but great?

No, I have explained my thinking behind it several times in different threads. Health and so many new pieces rotating thru it has been a major factor.

If and big if we had what we considered our starters all out there at the same time for weeks in a row I think we could be formidable.

But that has not been the case since week one.

We Statistically have been a smelly Turd for the most part.

Great defenses are looked upon in retrospect, hardly ever in real time until they establish themselves.

I agree with you for the most part...

some people just don't get it... and that's ok... Pete Carroll has been dealing with that issue for his whole career... and he has been making fools out of those people for his whole career... what does one say about that? How about oops! LOL

LTH

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Fade":2rj6dryc said:
Welshers":2rj6dryc said:
Fade":2rj6dryc said:
"We" You're not on the team are you? The Seahawks, not you. 7 sacks didn't seem to fix the problems now did it?
What was the point of this? Plenty of fans call the team they support "we". I have contributed to the mechanisms of the team for years by paying for tickets and merch. Part of the 12th man mentality is saying "we". I mean you're just nitpicking. People do it for every sport. Obviously I am not a member of the team.

The point? It shows you're too emotionally involved. You, me, and others, need to do the best they can to remain as objective as possible. Only then can the information be digested well enough to get an idea of what is going on.

I've watched fan after fan get impaled on the sword of defending the Seahawks honor, making total fools of themselves. Due to going with emotion, over logic and facts.

"We" is a huge tell, just sayin'.
I am definitely emotionally involved. But since you are being a total jerk, I'm going to point out you seem to be a gigantic hypocrite. You have almost 3000 posts on an NFL forum. I doubt most fans even post on forums, let alone 3000 times. All of us here are emotionally invested and it's hilarious how you think you are in a position to call others out on being too emotionally involved when you have 3000 posts on the matter. Sorry that it offends you I call the team "we". I guess you are better than me with your giant superiority complex. Jerk.

chris98251

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3oqie5fm said:
Yet you just gave me $hit for going against the OP's claim that we just fielded a great defense in a game... ;)

No I gave you shit because it was there and a opportunity worth taking.

You should know me by now.

8)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welshers":1ez6qslz said:
Fade":1ez6qslz said:
Welshers":1ez6qslz said:
Fade":1ez6qslz said:
"We" You're not on the team are you? The Seahawks, not you. 7 sacks didn't seem to fix the problems now did it?
What was the point of this? Plenty of fans call the team they support "we". I have contributed to the mechanisms of the team for years by paying for tickets and merch. Part of the 12th man mentality is saying "we". I mean you're just nitpicking. People do it for every sport. Obviously I am not a member of the team.

The point? It shows you're too emotionally involved. You, me, and others, need to do the best they can to remain as objective as possible. Only then can the information be digested well enough to get an idea of what is going on.

I've watched fan after fan get impaled on the sword of defending the Seahawks honor, making total fools of themselves. Due to going with emotion, over logic and facts.

I am definitely emotionally involved. But since you are being a total jerk, I'm going to point out you seem to be a gigantic hypocrite. You have almost 3000 posts on an NFL forum. I doubt most fans even post on forums, let alone 3000 times. All of us here are emotionally invested and it's hilarious how you think you are in a position to call others out on being too emotionally involved when you have 3000 posts on the matter. Sorry that it offends you I call the team "we". I guess you are better than me with your giant superiority complex. Jerk.
These are the kind posters you have to block out otherwise you will
be getting offended more..At the end of the day Fades post is just
his opinion and maybe not fact(s) ect.
There is a lot of people in here..Different ages,eras and what not.
Btw 3k posts means nothing..Some have 10-15 times that :lol:

OP
OP
W

Welshers

IndyHawk":14wpmkut said:
Welshers":14wpmkut said:
Fade":14wpmkut said:
Welshers":14wpmkut said:

Im not offended and I dont think the 3k posts is even a bad thing. I just think it shows he is emotionally invested so its a little hypocritical to accuse others of it. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Not offended and hes got a right to his opinion

LTH

Reaction score
Welshers":wrqyptdu said:
IndyHawk":wrqyptdu said:
Welshers":wrqyptdu said:
Fade":wrqyptdu said:

Im not offended and I dont think the 3k posts is even a bad thing. I just think it shows he is emotionally invested so its a little hypocritical to accuse others of it. I'm just calling it the way I see it. Not offended and hes got a right to his opinion

The insertion that fans should not be emotionally invested is ridiculously stupid... that's what fans do, especially on a fan message board... is the emotionally invested fan blinded by his emotions? I suppose in some cases that might be true but so what? It's not like any of us get to sit down in meetings or have any kind of first hand knowledge into what is really going on its all opinion and that's fine...

LTH

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Well, well, well.... Top 5 D since the 1st Rams game. Can we call it great?

Mizak

Reaction score
Welshers":3ttun40y said:
Well, well, well.... Top 5 D since the 1st Rams game. Can we call it great?

Has this D played Rogers, Brees, Mahomes yet? I’m still skeptical.