How long are you going to watch the Hawks?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be eye rolling, and in the absence of eye rolling, claims of heresy to say the least.

But, how long are you going to watch, follow and root for the hawks and/or NFL?

My gut tells me that when Pete is done, I'll be done. At least in the way that I follow it now. Once the nerf helmets are full time and in production, and the new kickoff rule morphs into 'whatever' 'trials' and 'pilot' projects will eventually take all kicks out of the game, AND the defensive rules get so watered down that it actually fulfills Fade's "Basketball on grass" predictions - and whatever else is going to get thrown at us for legal reasons - I think I'll be done. Make no mistake, it's coming in pieces.

Nerf helmets are infecting the CFL now too. The whole sport is going to get ridiculous if it keeps going.

Anyhow - 2025 is probably my expiry date for most of it. I might watch it in Red-Zone fashion - sorta how I watch baseball right now. If it's on on the weekend, I'll play it in the background while I'm doing something else more productive. I am looking forward to this season and Mr. Geno rocking the Kasbah. But after that.....

You?

Last edited by a moderator:

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'm sure there will be eye rolling, and in the absence of eye rolling, claims of heresy to say the least.

But, how long are you going to watch, follow and root for the hawks and/or NFL?

My gut tells me that when Pete is done, I'll be done. At least in the way that I follow it now. Once the nerf helmets are full time and in production, and the new kickoff rule morphs into 'whatever' 'trials' and 'pilot' projects will eventually take all kicks out of the game, AND the defensive rules get so watered down that it actually fulfills Fade's "Basketball on grass" predictions - and whatever else is going to get thrown at us for legal reasons - I think I'll be done. Make no mistake, it's coming in pieces.

Nerf helmets are infecting the CFL now too. The whole sport is going to get ridiculous if it keeps going.

Anyhow - 2025 is probably my expiry date for most of it. I might watch it in Red-Zone fashion - sorta how I watch baseball right now. If it's on on the weekend, I'll play it in the background while I'm doing something else more productive. I am looking forward to this season and Mr. Geno rocking the Kasbah. But after that.....

You?
I'm in agreement, for the most part, if the politicization and pussification of pro football continues on it's current trajectory (which it will). I was all but checked out until they traded Russ, then I became riveted to see Pete and John proven right. RW's collapse in Denver made football worth watching again, not to mention Geno's story. But after this plays out in the next 2-4 years, I'll probably be done and just focus on my own personal interests.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
I barely watch now, I'd rather read about the game and watch highlights. I get two days off a week, I ain't wasting half a good day in front of the tv. That's just me though, games take way too long, haha. How does an hour long game last for-friggin-ever? I got $#!+ to do today.

Last edited:

Smellyman

Reaction score
I'm in agreement, for the most part, if the politicization and pussification of pro football continues on it's current trajectory (which it will). I was all but checked out until they traded Russ, then I became riveted to see Pete and John proven right. RW's collapse in Denver made football worth watching again, not to mention Geno's story. But after this plays out in the next 2-4 years, I'll probably be done and just focus on my own personal interests.
No doubt. i want more brain injuries, not less