There is no doubt in my mind Harvin plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Wow.

Color me shocked.

Percy Harvin can't show up again.

Whether this is intentional or not is immaterial, the fact is that he is clearly too fragile to play professional football and he was a clear waste of money this year. Greg Oden probably thinks the guy is injury prone and there are glass Christmas bulbs that are less brittle than Harvin appears to be.

At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game.

We bought a lemon from Minnesota and everyone knows it.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":u8k4aczh said:
Wow.

Color me shocked.

Whether this is intentional or not is immaterial, the fact is that he is clearly too fragile to play professional football and he was a clear waste of money this year. Greg Oden probably thinks the guy is injury prone and there are glass Christmas bulbs that are less brittle than Harvin appears to be.

At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game.

You have got to be kidding me, right? So sick and tired of reading false information like this. This is the national perspective, do not tell me you are drinking the status quo Kool-Aid on Harvin.

Basis4day

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":jfunxehk said:
Wow.

Color me shocked.

I'm glad you understand the serious nature of concussions.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":18nqvwj5 said:
Wow.

Color me shocked.

This. Post. Is. An. Idiot. Not the poster. The post.

I think it's outrageous that you take concussions so lightly. Did you see the shots he took? You're a bad person.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":lbku2zs7 said:
At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game..

That's what I said like two pages ago.

Sure it'd be great to have Harvin, but he's nowhere close to being in football shape, let alone playoff football shape.........and that was readily apparent last weekend.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1cscsx2i said:
TwistedHusky":1cscsx2i said:
At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game..

Sure it'd be great to have Harvin, but he's nowhere close to being in football shape, let alone playoff football shape.........and that was readily apparent last weekend.

We did NOT watch the same game then. What happened in your version of the game?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
If he does end up being out lets look at the silver lining - his hip hasn't flared up after playing and taking some tough hits, and he'll have two weeks more weeks to get ready for the next game.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":2rjjtvwz said:
Sgt. Largent":2rjjtvwz said:
TwistedHusky":2rjjtvwz said:

well he has a good point. Making plays and being in football shape are two entirely different things. A guy with percy's talent is always going to make plays, but as anyone who's worked out or practice at anything knows, when you take time off there's a price you pay to get back into it. It doesn't mean you've forgotten what you're doing but it takes more effort and recovery.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CallMeADawg":olaipk4b said:
Sgt. Largent":olaipk4b said:
TwistedHusky":olaipk4b said:

I saw a WR that wasn't quite ready for the speed nor the brutal physicality of playoff football, and got crushed. You can't tell me that looked like the Percy Harvin that's been regarded as one of the toughest players in the league.

He might have been cleared medically to play, but you don't just get into playoff football shape over a 1 1/2 week period after not playing for over a year.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2ia8uwgn said:
CallMeADawg":2ia8uwgn said:
Sgt. Largent":2ia8uwgn said:
TwistedHusky":2ia8uwgn said:

well he has a good point. Making plays and being in football shape are two entirely different things. A guy with percy's talent is always going to make plays, but as anyone who's worked out or practice at anything knows, when you take time off there's a price you pay to get back into it. It doesn't mean you've forgotten what you're doing but it takes more effort and recovery.

He has been rehabbing and practicing his butt off (when he can) and that was why Pete allowed for him to take his shot in the first place. You can make subjective rules like you have above all you want, but you should do so understanding that there will be exceptions and differences that defy them.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":16nm7oab said:
CallMeADawg":16nm7oab said:
Sgt. Largent":16nm7oab said:
TwistedHusky":16nm7oab said:

I saw a WR that wasn't quite ready for the speed nor the brutal physicality of playoff football, and got crushed. You can't tell me that looked like the Percy Harvin that's been regarded as one of the toughest players in the league.

He might have been cleared medically to play, but you don't just get into playoff football shape over a 1 1/2 week period after not playing for over a year.

I saw a WR that took two massive (dirty) blows to the head, in a game which he was otherwise schooling defenders (and Ryan) so badly that they ignored their "stop lynch at all costs" game plan and beast burned them for a TD as a result. Had Wilson not overthrown him (on the play that he ultimately came out of the game on) he would have a TD to show for it.

Now lets say he plays the whole season, and take those exact same shots. The end result would have been the same dude.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
A key to what you just said was "when he can".

I'm sorry but his body hasn't been conditioned over a season of playing football. Or an offseason of playing football.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
He took some ridiculous shots.

And he does not get to make the choice on whether he plays.

The fact remains that he is not worth what we paid for him and the fact remains that he didn't produce. The reasons are legion, the results almost non-existent. Frankly other players have taken shots and played the next week, and along with the other physical ailments that Harvin seems to carry with him....we can now add concussion-prone to the list.

I am not blaming him for not playing. It isn't his choice. It does not make him any less of a lemon.

He doesn't help you win because he rarely plays.

I am pointing out that he is a very fast football player with no durability, just as was pointed out at his acquisition. The whole purpose of getting him was to give us a shot in games like the one we are going into and his being on the team has meant we had several less draft picks that COULD have (and likely give the FO success rate on low round draft picks WOULD have) contributed.

I find it laughable that we have threads about people wanting to let Tate, a guy who has ACTUALLY PRODUCED RESULTS FOR US, walk because "he won't be worth a new contract" but everyone else is fine with flushing money down the toilet for a balsa wood wide receiver that is always injured for whatever reason.

We should have signed a girl scout to his roster spot instead of him, at least maybe we could have at least gotten some free cookies out of it.

Canuck49

Reaction score
Anyone who has ever had a concussion would never criticize a player who can't play due to one. It's the trauma caused when your brain crashes so hard against the inside of your skull that it does damage. I mean, think about that. This isn't his hip labrum or some nagging ankle injury. This is his brain. When you think about all the things in your life you can go without and still be happy, the brain is never on the list.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":g7f18fg2 said:

The fact remains that he is not worth what we paid for him and the fact remains that he didn't produce. The reasons are legion, the results almost non-existent. Frankly other players have taken shots and played the next week, and along with the other physical ailments that Harvin seems to carry with him....we can now add concussion-prone to the list.

I am not blaming him for not playing. It isn't his choice. It does not make him any less of a lemon.

I am pointing out that he is a very fast football player with no durability, just as was pointed out at his acquisition. The whole purpose of getting him was to give us a shot in games like the one we are going into and his being on the team has meant we had several less draft picks that COULD have (and likely give the FO success rate on low round draft picks WOULD have) contributed.

I find it laughable that we have threads about people wanting to let Tate, a guy who has ACTUALLY PRODUCED RESULTS FOR US, walk because "he won't be worth a new contract" but everyone else is fine with flushing money down the toilet for a balsa wood wide receiver that is always injured for whatever reason.

We should have signed a girl scout to his roster spot instead of him, at least maybe we could have at least gotten some free cookies out of it.

Saving this. I'll be sure to ask you about this later.

NorCal

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, he has to pass a test on gameday regardless. So, the Hawks (nor the 9ers for that matter) will not know for sure until right before the game anyways.

General Manager

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2slzs60w said:

This point should have been made after the season ends . I've been biting my tongue on a number of things but I can wait until were actually out of it to start the analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.