There is no doubt in my mind Harvin plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hopefully we are able to win and then he can go 110% in the superbowl and leave it all on the field. He would be finally completely healthy going into that game and I think it would be a HUGE advantage as the only tape they would have on him is the vikings game and the 1 or so quarters last week.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":257pr6wc said:
So far this season, if it can go wrong for Harvin it has gone wrong for Harvin.

Not just this season. That's the story of Harvin's whole career. It's why the Vikes and their fans were okay with letting him go: injuries, migraines, concussions, fighting with his coach, arguing with his teammates, from their perspective with Percy it was always something.

To be clear, I looooooooove Percy when he's on the field and when the Hawks made the trade I was quite vocal in saying I thought it was a great trade for them that I was envious of. And honestly, despite this waste of a season, I still believe that. I still have hope he'll get it together, and he's so talented, I still think the risk was worth it. This year has been worse than most obviously (and probably the worst), but so far this type of stuff is also just the downside of having him on your squad. I'm still rooting for him, though (just not this week, of course :D ).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Pete just said on the radio this morning that Harvin still hasn't been cleared.

If we take Pete's track record since being here with injuries, Harvin's not playing. Has there ever been a players that's 50/50 or worse that Pete let's play? He's ALWAYS erred on the side of caution and makes the injured player get in at LEAST 2 days of full practice before in order to prove he's ready.

I understand this is the NFC CHampionship, but going by Pete's track record, I'm saying a definitive no Harvin's not playing.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Wait, is this news from today already? Or just a replay from yesterday? Brock and Danny aren't even on the air yet.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3q6yixhk said:
Pete just said on the radio this morning that Harvin still hasn't been cleared.

If we take Pete's track record since being here with injuries, Harvin's not playing. Has there ever been a players that's 50/50 or worse that Pete let's play? He's ALWAYS erred on the side of caution and makes the injured player get in at LEAST 2 days of full practice before in order to prove he's ready.

I understand this is the NFC CHampionship, but going by Pete's track record, I'm saying a definitive no Harvin's not playing.

Yea, if he didn't clear yesterday he won't be doing anything today I bet.

BUT...if ever there was a week in which Pete would put it all on the line and send a superstar out there who was medically cleared but got no practice, maybe this is the week. I mean, Percy is about to have an entire offseason to recover, whether it starts Monday or the day after the super bowl. Go all in.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
soxhawk":1tpn9jn7 said:
Wait, is this news from today already? Or just a replay from yesterday? Brock and Danny aren't even on the air yet.

he does an interview friday mornings on 97.3 FM.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
soxhawk":13mrtdxh said:

They went on the air an hour early.

chrispy

Reaction score
Missing practice and not being able to take part in the week implementing a game plan would normally keep a player out. 2 things to think about on this one though. First, it's the third time we played these guys. The coaching staff could decide that this gameplan is nothing new. (Yes I know he was out with his hip when we played them before. ... so maybe not too) Secondly, there's not as much gameplanning on kick return. There's more danger of a big hit, but missing practice might not keep him out of Special Teams if he's healthy on gameday.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
soxhawk":1cqmpo8z said:

I was listening to Brock and Danny at 8 this morning, and Brock said Pete was on one of their sister FM station and said Harvin still hasn't been cleared as of this morning.

soxhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20b7i4sj said:
soxhawk":20b7i4sj said:

I was listening to Brock and Danny at 8 this morning, and Brock said Pete was on one of their sister FM station and said Harvin still hasn't been cleared as of this morning.

Okay thanks. Maybe that's coach speak for "Percy hasn't even been checked out yet?"

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":geukky9s said:

"As of this morning" doesn't clarify if today's tests have happened or not yet, though.

That said, with the new concussion protocols (and thank god for 'em), in my experience when a player goes out with a concussion there's already a good sense by Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday if he'll be able to go next week. If he can, the reporters kind of hint about him being expected to play, and if he can't they just call it day-to-day. This isn't a hard-and-fast rule of course and it treats reading reporters' subtext as a divining rod (which is almost always a mistake :lol: ), but if forced to put money on it, I'd guess there's either a little bit of gamesmanship going on, or Percy is going to sit.

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'm guessing it's the not been checked out yet today.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
soxhawk":addqu8lm said:
Sgt. Largent":addqu8lm said:
soxhawk":addqu8lm said:

Okay thanks. Maybe that's coach speak for "Percy hasn't even been checked out yet?"

He hasn't today, but that tells us that he failed his tests yesterday afternoon. So now that's two days in a row (Wed and Thurs) that he's failed his tests.

Personally I think Pete's known all week that Percy's not playing, he's just delaying the inevitable to make SF spend time preparing for Percy.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Best case scenario for us was that Percy was cleared Thursday in the afternoon sometime after Pete's press conference. Sounds like that did not happen. If that had happened, he would have likely been a limited participant in practice today.

What none of us know is whether he still has a chance to get cleared this morning. If he is cleared this morning, I'm not sure whether the protocols allow him to practice today or not. Seems like an utter long shot anyways. Looks pretty bleak for Percy

soxhawk

Reaction score
I still think he plays. Otherwise, SF's move of picking up Boldin (who plays through everything) might trump our move of picking up Harvin this year.

Reaction score
Percy Harvin is not playing ppl, some of you are trying to squeeze everything out of every statement Pete or anyone else is saying. It's Friday the game is Sunday dude ain't playing I'm willing to be almost anything, I came to gripes with it some of you need to as well.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, seems like a long shot at best. I wouldn't rest my SB hopes and dreams on one guy, folks. This team's going to have to play with what they brought so to speak...

djb28

Reaction score
Got this far without him. We just need our guys to make big plays like they have. TIME TO WAKE UP!

soxhawk

Reaction score
djb28":3a1i1a45 said:
Got this far without him. We just need our guys to make big plays like they have. TIME TO WAKE UP!

Teams have been slowing down Tate and Baldwin lately, and Miller has been staying in to block. I think having Percy is very vital to this team right now.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Let's face it, even if Harvin played he'd probably get hammered again and be out after the first QTR.

Maybe that's what Pete saw, "holy crap this guy's not even close to being in game shape or ready for the speed and physicality of playoff football, he's done."

Status
Not open for further replies.