There is no doubt in my mind Harvin plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I doubt he plays, as well. It's just too late in the week, and Percy just isn't the guy you expect to make a miraculous turnaround at the 11th hour. Not putting that on him; I think he may have legitimate issues that affect the way his body and mind respond to any sort of injury. Just the way it is.

HOWEVER, I think Danny O'Neil misquoted Pete this morning. His exact words: "I haven't heard on what's going on with the doctors today yet. We won't know for a while."

That could mean 3 hours. That could mean 24 hours. I don't think think he has officially been ruled out of anything today yet

soxhawk

Reaction score
I still see the value of suiting him up, letting him get his bell rung, and firing up our team again... :sarcasm_on:

seany_seahawk5

Reaction score
Yeah I've come to terms with him not playing now

We can still handle the 49ers without him but wilson Tate and baldy have to be on their A games

Popeyejones

Reaction score
seany_seahawk5":19c000at said:

We can still handle the 49ers without him but wilson Tate and baldy have to be on their A games

Yep. The Hawks have been kicking @ss without Harvin all year. He's a very special player for sure, but really just a cherry for them, IMO.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2ojgin6t said:
HOWEVER, I think Danny O'Neil misquoted Pete this morning. His exact words: "I haven't heard on what's going on with the doctors today yet. We won't know for a while."

The point is he didn't pass his test yesterday afternoon. Of course he hasn't had it done yet today, but IMO it's too late. I highly doubt Pete let's him play after just one day of limited participation.

Brett

Reaction score
Brock and Danny started at 8 today for those of you who didn't know :)

marko358

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2zfrm1vh said:
seany_seahawk5":2zfrm1vh said:

Yep. The Hawks have been kicking @ss without Harvin all year. He's a very special player for sure, but really just a cherry for them, IMO.
I don't know. Ever since Rice went down the offense isn't as crisp.

soxhawk

Reaction score
marko358":2kkidfua said:
Popeyejones":2kkidfua said:
seany_seahawk5":2kkidfua said:

This is true. But, we can hope that Kearse, Willson, and/or Lockette step up on the big stage. That's what good teams do.

Treefiddy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":kinaelxz said:
DavidSeven":kinaelxz said:

The point is he didn't pass his test yesterday afternoon. Of course he hasn't had it done yet today, but IMO it's too late. I highly doubt Pete let's him play after just one day of limited participation.
Why not? I bet if he clears this afternoon, he'll play.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
soxhawk":woxwpqa1 said:
I still think he plays. Otherwise, SF's move of picking up Boldin (who plays through everything) might trump our move of picking up Harvin this year.

Regardless of what happens with Harvin, that trade for Boldin was an utter stroke of genius for San Fran. It may have also come about with a healthy degree of nepotism, but that really doesn't matter now. The season they have gotten out of Anquan for a 6th round pick is just ridiculous.

RCATES

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":28i4y4xq said:
DavidSeven":28i4y4xq said:

Lol its the NFC championship game. Win or go home. This is the season. I don't give a damn if he is cleared on Sunday morning. You have him out there if there is a chance. People are saying we have gotten this far without him yatta yatta yatta but if our offense sputters like it has the past 5 weeks without Harvin this forum will be flooded with Harvin threads if we lose on Sunday.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Its definitely not too late. If he clears at the last minute he will play. He hasn't practiced much all year if he's cleared he plays. They are a game out from the Super Bowl.

seany_seahawk5

Reaction score
marko358":2i9jezr0 said:
Popeyejones":2i9jezr0 said:
seany_seahawk5":2i9jezr0 said:

We whacked New Orleans pretty good but maybe it was because they where blitzing Russell so much?
(MNF GAME)

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
austinslater25":7731gugu said:
Its definitely not too late. If he clears at the last minute he will play. He hasn't practiced much all year if he's cleared he plays. They are a game out from the Super Bowl.

This

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If Percy plays great, if he doesn't that's fine too. The Seahawks posted the best record in the NFL and Percy wasn't involved in about 95% of the games. So they can win without him. Besides they beat the 49ers without him. So they can do it again.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
seabowl":2l6lpplc said:
austinslater25":2l6lpplc said:

This

I would tend to agree. He will have all offseason to recover, starting either next monday or the monday after the super bowl. No reason to hold anything back if the docs clear him. You never know when or if you will ever get this close to a superbowl win again.

soxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":18ozbl50 said:
If Percy plays great, if he doesn't that's fine too. The Seahawks posted the best record in the NFL and Percy wasn't involved in about 95% of the games. So they can win without him. Besides they beat the 49ers without him. So they can do it again.

Yeah but they also had Rice for a good amount of those games and have noticeably slowed down after his injury.

Reaction score
If the coaches know something we don't I can see him playing at this point. But if they are in the dark along with all of us then hard to make a gameplan with Harvin. I see ZMiller and LWillson having big games.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RCATES":6hzfbpd8 said:
Sgt. Largent":6hzfbpd8 said:
DavidSeven":6hzfbpd8 said:

Lol its the NFC championship game. Win or go home. This is the season. I don't give a damn if he is cleared on Sunday morning. You have him out there if there is a chance. People are saying we have gotten this far without him yatta yatta yatta but if our offense sputters like it has the past 5 weeks without Harvin this forum will be flooded with Harvin threads if we lose on Sunday.

Like I said if Pete's one thing, it's consistent. His mantra is every week is championship week, no game is different, etc. So he's no about to change the way he prepares for a game, even the NFC Championship game. He wants to know EVERY player stepping onto his field is ready to give 100%.

I hope I'm wrong, because even a dinged up Percy on the field creates problems for defenses. But going by how Pete operates, I have to say he's not playing.

Teqneek

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ladvcnw said:
DavidSeven":1ladvcnw said:

Link? I wanted to see where he didn't pass his test yesterday, your printed out version of his schedule of when hes go to the doctors and when he was tested etc.

"They keep this stuff close to the vest" yadayada, then half of you come out an discount anything you ever said preiviously..lol

Status
Not open for further replies.