There is no doubt in my mind Harvin plays

Status
Not open for further replies.

norcalhawk

Reaction score
Concussions are no joke..I had one just like percy did by a collision during a practice my freshman year in college and slamming into the ground headfirst and ate a bunch of grass.

Didn't know what date, what time it was or anything. I was very sensitive to bright lights and the sun and wanted to throw up and felt nauseous for a day or two. Then first time coming back to run, I felt light headed and dizzy so we had to lay off of it until atleast a week to feel back to normal.

Just hoping Percy can get back by Sunday because we really could use some dynamic explosiveness right about now.

Canuck49

Reaction score
I had a string of concussions at the end of my rugby playing days. It was brutal. It seemed to me that each concussions made me more susceptible to the next one. I finally gave up heavy contact sports as I was close to finishing university and getting ready to enter the work world. Nobody was going to pay me for my athleticism anyway. But they can be completely debilitating. Not every concussion is the same. Severity and recovery time can very from hit to hit. But calling someone soft for not playing through a head injury is absurd.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3pgjyx9o said:
We should have signed a girl scout to his roster spot instead of him, at least maybe we could have at least gotten some free cookies out of it.

Raise the level of discussion or refrain from posting on this topic, please

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1d6db4kc said:
TwistedHusky":1d6db4kc said:
At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game..

That's what I said like two pages ago.

Sure it'd be great to have Harvin, but he's nowhere close to being in football shape, let alone playoff football shape.........and that was readily apparent last weekend.

and it was just as ridiculous 2 pages ago.. which is why it was ignored

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Uncle Si":7lsedy5e said:
Sgt. Largent":7lsedy5e said:
TwistedHusky":7lsedy5e said:
At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game..

That's what I said like two pages ago.

Sure it'd be great to have Harvin, but he's nowhere close to being in football shape, let alone playoff football shape.........and that was readily apparent last weekend.

and it was just as ridiculous 2 pages ago.. which is why it was ignored

This.

If I wanted regurgitated national perspective, commentary from old washed up football players, or buzz word laden discussion I would just turn on ESPN. I expect folks here to actually spend time thinking things through.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
I have an idea, lets stop posting in this thread until there is an update of substance.

General Manager

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":27l1pcbx said:
So what is the verdict? Is he still going through the protocols or been declared out?

He hasn't been ruled out and if he's not ruled out today I think he's cleared Sat and plays Sunday. At the end of the day though it doesn't matter just win baby.

Seaswab

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2o9p214b said:
Wow.

Color me shocked.

Percy Harvin can't show up again.

Whether this is intentional or not is immaterial, the fact is that he is clearly too fragile to play professional football and he was a clear waste of money this year. Greg Oden probably thinks the guy is injury prone and there are glass Christmas bulbs that are less brittle than Harvin appears to be.

At this point it probably doesn't matter because he would just end up injured 17 seconds into the next game.

We bought a lemon from Minnesota and everyone knows it.

Let me guess, this is your first year following football right? You hopped on because it's fun to watch a team win? The Seahawks are cool so you'd thought you'd join in. As soon as they're not cool you'll make fun of everyone that's still a fan? Yep, thought so.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
"Raise the level of discussion or refrain from posting on this topic, please"

I am not sure how that was lowering the level of discussion.

I was using hyperbole to mock the ridiculous excitement over Harvin that has literally no basis in reality. I think it is reasonable to make fun of that considering when Harvin was on IR EVERY WEEK there was a thread devoted to what a difference he made. Then, when he was off IR EVERY WEEK was the week he was coming back.

Then he came back....and promptly left again.

To later come back...and promptly leave again. As Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. At some point, Harvin is a guy that has a lot of promise but few results to back him up. As a Seahawk, he is a failure. Would any Seahawk fan, knowing what they know now, make the trade that we did and sign him the the contract he signed?

Of course not.

Harvin doesn't produce. He hasn't produced. IF this was his only game that he missed, maybe the concussion issue would hold water.

He either came back too soon (which is admirable) or he came back too late (which deserves scorn). But either way he doesn't make much difference because he either barely contributes (Minnesota) or he ends up injured and leaves (New Orleans).

The purpose of the girl scout example was that Seattle essentially signed an empty chair. They traded millions of dollars and valuable draft picks for the opportunity to have one less roster spot for part of the year and into the playoffs. Also they lost one kick returner, one we could have sorely used considering how pedestrian Turbin is at it.

But every single game, we have a thread waxing poetic about what a difference Harvin will make and he never ever does.

I think it is fine and reasonable to project out when a player is going to be back, or healthy. Or if the concussion rules allow him to play. But when people start projecting someone that hasn't made a difference all year as the difference in the game?
Then that clearly deserves the countering viewpoint.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1lqxg0ti said:
"Raise the level of discussion or refrain from posting on this topic, please"

I am not sure how that was lowering the level of discussion.

I was using hyperbole to mock the ridiculous excitement over Harvin that has literally no basis in reality. I think it is reasonable to make fun of that considering when Harvin was on IR EVERY WEEK there was a thread devoted to what a difference he made. Then, when he was off IR EVERY WEEK was the week he was coming back.

Then he came back....and promptly left again.

To later come back...and promptly leave again. As Bill Parcells said, you are what your record says you are. At some point, Harvin is a guy that has a lot of promise but few results to back him up. As a Seahawk, he is a failure. Would any Seahawk fan, knowing what they know now, make the trade that we did and sign him the the contract he signed?

Of course not.

Harvin doesn't produce. He hasn't produced. IF this was his only game that he missed, maybe the concussion issue would hold water.

He either came back too soon (which is admirable) or he came back too late (which deserves scorn). But either way he doesn't make much difference because he either barely contributes (Minnesota) or he ends up injured and leaves (New Orleans).

The purpose of the girl scout example was that Seattle essentially signed an empty chair. They traded millions of dollars and valuable draft picks for the opportunity to have one less roster spot for part of the year and into the playoffs. Also they lost one kick returner, one we could have sorely used considering how pedestrian Turbin is at it.

But every single game, we have a thread waxing poetic about what a difference Harvin will make and he never ever does.

your rationale for why he isnt playing is whats ridiculous. you blame Percy for the amount he was traded for, his hip injury, the fans wanting him to play, and now concussions.

You can keep beating your chest in thread after thread. you'll cite the same historical info that was being labored through by the same handful of posters despite a similar refrain of pertinent facts as you claim the "girl scouts" have on here... but noones interested any more

Status
Not open for further replies.