Bo Nix is my pick right now

Xxx

Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I'm sure that there's gonna be alot more traffic on this topic as the season continues/ends and the draft approaches.

3 things I think I know:

Geno's not the answer long term (unfortunately).

Lock is not the answer to ANY question you got.

And I don't have ANY time to watch college ball - so I like these threads for people who don't have time to track that stuff!
My question is who should not be playing quarterback….

lol I’m a smart ass though

Xxx

Reaction score
sorry I’ve sent mentioned by other husky fans. Didn’t realize you were saying Penix.
No worries lol. I really like nix. I like the way he moves around. Compact and fast. I haven’t seen a ton of him but i saw him make a cross body throw all the way to the other side of the field on the run, for a touchdown, the kinda throw where you say, “ No no no, YES YES GO GO YEAH!!!” That kinda throw and how he moves, pretty exciting

rjdriver

Reaction score
Pick any QB, and there will be a fan somewhere telling you to pass on him.

"Stroud scored an 18", an executive said. “That is like red alert, red alert, you can’t take a guy like that. That is why I have Stroud as a bust. That in conjunction with the fact, name one Ohio State quarterback that’s ever done it in the league.”

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah he has to many negatives for me. He hasn't played well since the 1st Oregon game. He's gonna be 25 already next year. He is a South Paw which does matter (you flip the blind side) I'm not comfortable with his scrambling/get rid of the ball when play isn't there. I think he will get hurt early in the NFL he seems fragile to me, and what the heck was that move hidding in the ball box while your kicker makes the game winning field goal? All that said he is probably the best arm in the draft?
He was throwing up. Damn, people just continue to make up crap about this kid. Makes no sense. Dude is nails and people are making him out to be soft. But that's your opinion and you have a right to it. He has won 19 games in a row. He is cold blooded with the game on the line. Over and over again. I give up.......

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Nix hasn't won 19 in a row, but he's not far off that. Doesn't matter regardless. He's a frontrunner for the Heisman. Will be surprised if he's not a top five pick. This Friday's OR/WA game will be very telling how they both compare to each other...

GemCity

Reaction score
The draft is a total crapshoot. I don’t recall too many times where a QB gets picked and it’s like “oh yah..he’s going to dominate”. I mean, when I was younger and much less wise…I’d get hyped up for a guy.

One things for certain (as certain as certain gets). It’s already been stated numerous times…

I don’t think Geno is our franchise, QBOTF. Lock isn’t a starting NFL caliber QB.

This upcoming draft will be one of the better ones (in recent years) to grab a guy.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Huge crapshoot. Look how many 1st round picks haven't panned out. The list would take a half an hour to type up :ROFLMAO:

I would be happy with Nix or Penix. Being good in college doesn't automatically make someone a sure NFL ringer.

Last edited:

12forlife

Reaction score
He was throwing up. Damn, people just continue to make up crap about this kid. Makes no sense. Dude is nails and people are making him out to be soft. But that's your opinion and you have a right to it. He has won 19 games in a row. He is cold blooded with the game on the line. Over and over again. I give up.......
Idk and really don't care that much. To be honest I'm tired of hearing UW "is sick". Been the word since they have snuck out their last 3 games? I see Oregon handling them in the Championship. I like Nix over Penix in the NFL, Nix is a much better QB off script.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Cool story 🥱

Yet here you are talking about the Huskies. Let me guess, Ducks fan? A special bunch for sure.
And I don't care who think is better, so there's that. They're both damn good. Both can actually exist at the same time.
Sorry it bothers you so much that the Dawgs already beat the Quacks and have won 19 straight. Win or lose, it doesn't change how I feel about the Dawgs, not one bit.
It's been a hell of a season and I'm enjoying the ride.

Much better? Um..........ok.

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Williams, Maye, Daniels clear top 3 for me.

After that, I'm kind of disappointed in our options. I don't feel like Penix will work out, but if he does, he'll be fun. Lefty with a rocket? That's dope.

Nix, I worry about. He can play in structure competently in an offense that's engineered for him with tons of LOS passes, but he seems to have a goof gene. I'd consider him in the second.

12forlife

Reaction score
Cool story 🥱

Yet here you are talking about the Huskies. Let me guess, Ducks fan? A special bunch for sure.
And I don't care who think is better, so there's that. They're both damn good. Both can actually exist at the same time.
Sorry it bothers you so much that the Dawgs already beat the Quacks and have won 19 straight. Win or lose, it doesn't change how I feel about the Dawgs, not one bit.
It's been a hell of a season and I'm enjoying the ride.

Much better? Um..........ok.
Hhmmmm nope not a Duck or Dawg fan. It's just my opinion Nix will be the better NFL QB? They both could excel in the right offense though. To be honest I'm a Michigan fan. If we can't get Daniels, my 2nd choice would be McCarthy, 3rd Nix, 4th Penix

Ozzy

Reaction score
After watching last night I’d take Penix over Nix and. It because they won. I just think Penix makes a lot more nfl type throws. Nix feels like he would be good in a Niner type offense but I’m not a QB scout

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Idk and really don't care that much. To be honest I'm tired of hearing UW "is sick". Been the word since they have snuck out their last 3 games? I see Oregon handling them in the Championship. I like Nix over Penix in the NFL, Nix is a much better QB off script.
Aged like milk. Everything you just said here was proven wrong on the field.

Don't quit your day job.

evergreen

Reaction score
what happened last night to make you not want Nix?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Nix is unclutch and I don't think he can make the throws needed to be successful in the NFL. HARD pass.

12forlife

Reaction score
Aged like milk. Everything you just said here was proven wrong on the field.

Don't quit your day job.
Nope I was wrong! I honestly didn't think UW D could stop Oregon. The 2 3 and outs to start the game, then again coming out of half, good work by UW. As for the QB's I'm still on the fence between the two? I honestly believe it will come down to coaching and scheme whether they are true starters or just backups?

NoGain

Reaction score
If the Hawks were serious about drafting a QBOTF, they'd probably need to accrue some more draft capital to pull off getting one of the top QB prospects. Teams currently above us that wil be/likely be/possibly be looking for a QBOTF...

--Bears
--Patriots
--Cardinals
--Giants
--Tampa Bay
--Raiders
--Saints
--Falcons

A lot depends upon where we end up in the draft order, or how many teams we rise above on the draft board based upon our remaining schedule and how well we and other teams above perform. I'm becoming so increasingly disinterested in our playoff hopes this year that I'd be fine with finishing 8-9 or even 7-10 if it meant a higher spot in the draft, but even then, it seems like the top QB prospects will be off the board as it stands now.