The TE position, what would YOU do if you were GM?

The TE position, what would YOU do if you were GM?

• Nothing, roll on with Double LL, Hollister and Dickson?

Votes: 42 59.2%
  • Trade for OJ Howard?

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Trade for Austin Hooper?

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Trade for Delaney Walker?

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Trade for Vernon Davis?

• Sign ASJ?

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • What's a TE?

• Total voters

massari

Reaction score
Yeah can't find any rumors from insiders about Hooper being available and wouldn't give anything more than a conditional pick for Eifert since he's likely not going to be available towards the end of the season or playoffs.

We'd have Howard for 1.5 seasons on his rookie contract...but then again he's missed 8 games in his first two seasons. Not Will Dissly's level of injuries but still...

Sign me up to get Howard for one of our late 2nd rd picks to possibly be Wilson's #1 TE for the next decade.

Reaction score
I'd like to bring in OJ Howard, even if it was going to cost a lot in draft picks. If he's a 1st and 4th or something, it's highly unlikely those two picks would get us a better player in the immediate than Howard, so why not? I like the idea of two good TEs in the long run too and going into next season with a receiving bunch of Dissly, Howard, Lockett, Metcalf and others sounds very promising to me. I think there was a noticable difference in the Browns game when we didn't have Dissly out there so I wouldn't like him to not be replaced as when this team improves late on, a deep play off run is possible with a Howard-like addition but probably not without.

To me, it makes sense in the short and long term. He'd be expensive in draft picks but worth it, his contract will be cheap until 2021 and he's a high level player.

Rat

Reaction score
Howard would be awesome; big time talent who is being wasted on his current team.

That'd be my choice if all things were equal, but I'd have to know what it would take to acquire each of these guys before giving a confident answer.

Chawker

Reaction score
First, I'd call John and Pete to let them know that I've got Johns job in some strange way?/? Then quicky negotiate my way out of the position with a moderate handful of signing / retiring cash putting John back as the new / best G.M. EVER! And as I was leaving I'd say "just resign that Swoops kid".

And peace and happiness returned to the Emerald city. :229031_cheers:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pete Carroll seemed to be hinting at another move coming with the Seahawks at tight end: "We're working on some stuff."- Brady Henderson

Rumors it might be OJ Howard of the Bucs

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Trade for Cameron Brate. He fits the mold better of what RW works best with. I think the asking price would be reasonable.