The Saints come marching in.

The Delf

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":xw031a42 said:
The Delf":xw031a42 said:
Don't be so cocky. Every enemy is a worthy enemy, until you take him apart. Overconfidence "killed" us in 2 of our last games.

I'm not knocking you so please don't take offense, I just don't understand why you think this logic has to apply to fans. Somebody always makes this comment in one form or another.

For the record: Fans being cocky, has no bearing on the game to be played. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada...

I just want to keep this whole situation realistic. Sure, we can overhype us like hell, but don't whine, if we fall. And no offense taken. :) Our last games were not that great. May it be the different mentality between us and you over there (I envy you for your optimism !) but, dang. Don't let us take this to higher levels, than it belongs. :)

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Nola/GB are probably the best match-ups for the Hawks, especially if the Saints have a couple guys down on injuries this week. I'd expect the CB (whose name escapes me) to play next week though. Saints will be able to better prepare of course, but that doesn't change the talent discrepancy. We are more capable on defense than the Eagles and the Saints D didn't give us fits up front like SF, Arizona, etc did. Hawks have played 4 pretty tough D's coming into this one so they should be conditioned pretty well. As long as we don't come out and go through the motions on offense and instead show some creativity, our D should be able to keep the score low enough to get a win.

One thing that does worry me is that our last two loses came against teams facing us for the second time. Hopefully it was just our coaches content to play a conservative style and not indicative of the hawks being predictable, which is exactly how the offense looked the final month.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
At this point, everyone left in the playoffs is a dangerous threat. It's a week-to-week league: see the utter shambles that was Week 16.

Anyway, KJ Wright killed it in coverage last game against the Saints, particularly against Jimmy Graham. Who does that in the rematch? Even if Wright plays, he's coming off injury.

The offense had damn well better figure out how to play at even a decent level, too. The last game the offense looked any good was against New Orleans.

TalontedNoseRider

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":1ylsbi89 said:
One thing that does worry me is that our last two loses came against teams facing us for the second time. Hopefully it was just our coaches content to play a conservative style and not indicative of the hawks being predictable, which is exactly how the offense looked the final month.

I agree--the elephant in the room we'd all prefer to ignore.

oasis

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":1ddckc5a said:
AbsolutNET":1ddckc5a said:

+1

Laloosh

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":b2z3utp2 said:
AbsolutNET":b2z3utp2 said:

I don't think that had a ton to do with either loss. When considering a number of things that generally go our way - field position battle, special teams, run game, etc. - they just didn't really go our way in either game (special teams wasn't really an issue in SF but field position didn't seem to go our way).

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
TalontedNoseRider":38n9vlmr said:
AbsolutNET":38n9vlmr said:

Except Percy is playing and we actually won when it mattered combined with this is NOLA'S second road game in a, outdoors no less. There's a reason why being a wildcard sucks unless your quarterback is Peyton Manning.

The Delf

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on Percy for this. He's good, but played only a hand full of games. So just concentrate on what we have. Percy would count as bonus.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
The eagles only win against a team with a winning record this season was a 2 point victory over Arizona before they got hot.

They took NO to the wire.

I don't see this being another blow out, but NO doesn't impress me.

27-21 Seattle

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Delf":2uzjsstz said:
I wouldn't count on Percy for this. He's good, but played only a hand full of games. So just concentrate on what we have. Percy would count as bonus.
Percy will play count on it my German friend (1/4 German myself).:)

I am thinking 24-13 Seahawks.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Delf":13f7hiov said:
Percy will play count on my German friend (1/4 German myself).:)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I give percy a 70% chance of playing. the real question is will he play enough to be effective or just trot on the field a couple times. I put the chance he plays a "normal" amount at 45%.

if percy plays as much as we anticipated he'd play when we trade him for him, I give us an 89.99% chance to win. he is the very definition of a "game changer".

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1mcayjlx said:
Sarlacc83":1mcayjlx said:
Sprfunk":1mcayjlx said:
The saints will bring their a game boys. I still think we win this by 14, but it will not be easy.

The Saints average 17 on the road. They're 4-6 on the road, and Seattle solved their defense. Brees is going to have to take chances against Earl, Sherman, and Maxwell in 140dB weather.

Early forecast already calling for 100% chance of rain.
And a 100% chance of LOUDER than last time they were here!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The Delf":18o5cv8t said:
What elephant ? o_O :D
He who should remain nameless. Not bringing him up at all, trying to keep a very positive mind set! :)

GO Hawks!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":1ppteyj8 said:
HawkRiderFan":1ppteyj8 said:
THe one thing that concerns me as a Hawks fan from what I saw tonight was how well the Saints ran the ball and how they stopped it. The success running could be a result of a sub-par Eagles run D. But they did slow down the top ranked Eagles running game.

As for that comment that the Hawks would be better off playing the Niners cause of how they call their offense. The Niners have more experience than the Saints playing in Seattle. So for that comment to be true, the Niner fan has to be admitting that Harbough is not smart enough to make the adjustment to playing in Seattle :)

They ran well on the Dallas defense as well. Let's be honest, PHI is not known for their amazing defense.

We'll be playing the same team (possibly more banged up though). They may be better prepared, but that doesn't change what they have to do. Score on the best defense in the league.
You and I could run well against the Dallas defense. ;)

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Delf":1bddr3rw said:
E.C. Laloosh":1bddr3rw said:
The Delf":1bddr3rw said:
Don't be so cocky. Every enemy is a worthy enemy, until you take him apart. Overconfidence "killed" us in 2 of our last games.

I'm not knocking you so please don't take offense, I just don't understand why you think this logic has to apply to fans. Somebody always makes this comment in one form or another.

For the record: Fans being cocky, has no bearing on the game to be played. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada...

I just want to keep this whole situation realistic. Sure, we can overhype us like hell, but don't whine, if we fall. And no offense taken. :) Our last games were not that great. May it be the different mentality between us and you over there (I envy you for your optimism !) but, dang. Don't let us take this to higher levels, than it belongs. :)

"Don't be so cocky". "Over confidence killed us in 2 of our last games". "we can overhype us like hell". "Don't whine if we fail". "our last game was not that great." "Don't take this to a higher level than it belongs".

LOL! Let's see how many fall for this. Aloha and have fun.

FairWeatherFan

Reaction score
Does anybody else see a perfect storm brewing? - considering that the last time we played them we came off a bye week, hfa etc. ;) My only concern is that - the Saints coaching staff puts a bounty on Percy Harvin's hip. :pukeface:

Latest posts