The Saints come marching in.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Sprfunk":lnh48bcc said:
Sarlacc83":lnh48bcc said:
Sprfunk":lnh48bcc said:
The saints will bring their a game boys. I still think we win this by 14, but it will not be easy.

The Saints average 17 on the road. They're 4-6 on the road, and Seattle solved their defense. Brees is going to have to take chances against Earl, Sherman, and Maxwell in 140dB weather.
Your right they won't change a thing. The saints will come in with the exact same game plan and energy.

Don't think so bro. This will be a fight, the hawks will be ready, but the saints will be better than last time.

You think they're suddenly going to change everything for 1 game? Good luck with that. I'm sure it would lead to great execution.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
seahawksny":3p5xo8wy said:
Trenchbroom":3p5xo8wy said:
They did look very beatable this evening.

Shaping up just right for us. Play a team we dominated earlier in the year, only this time WITH Percy. Then play the "winner" of CAR-SF/GB (probably SF) who will be nice and tenderized after surviving in Carolina.

Why am I the only one that thinks niners go down in tundra tomorrow? You are hiring kaeperprick too much credit
No your not the only one I think the niners are going down too

Blitzer88

Reaction score
They played pretty well tonight. I do not see any type of blowout like that first time we played them.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":geq1u4ln said:
49ers":geq1u4ln said:
Man, I think you guys are REALLY over-looking this Saints team. I think it's the one team you don't want to see in the playoffs. The 49ers are the team you wanted to see.... they call 2 plays every time they line up, and Kap can never communicate to the offense when he switches plays because it's so damn loud. That would be a huge adjustment to make for the 49ers.

The second time you play a team, it's never easy. The Saints have a smart coach, smart QB, and a great defense. The last month or so, the Saints look like a completely different team..... to that point, so do the Seahawks. One went up, the other went down.

Anyway, good luck. I'd love to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a 49er NFC Championship game, so I'll be rooting for that instead. :p

My eyes are bleeding, as is my brain.

One team went down and one went up ?

Right the Saints lost their grasp on the #2 seed, got trashed at the Clink and Seattle's defense got better and we clinched the #1 seed overall. Oh and that Harvin guy.

Keep dreaming, except you might want to start praying, you know for tomorrow.

Didnt the Saints lose like 3 of their last 5??

SeahawksMSHing

Reaction score
Brees and company will need to bring there absolute best game just to stay in the game. They might just bring that game so Seahawks need to be prepared to play our A game and regardless of refs and saints we win. Just play your A game Seahawks and the rest will take care of itself.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Stay grounded, focus on the prize! The Saints got beat up tonight. Lots of banged up dudes to rehab.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
49ers":16hohaeq said:
Man, I think you guys are REALLY over-looking this Saints team. I think it's the one team you don't want to see in the playoffs. The 49ers are the team you wanted to see.... they call 2 plays every time they line up, and Kap can never communicate to the offense when he switches plays because it's so damn loud. That would be a huge adjustment to make for the 49ers.

The second time you play a team, it's never easy. The Saints have a smart coach, smart QB, and a great defense. The last month or so, the Saints look like a completely different team..... to that point, so do the Seahawks. One went up, the other went down.

Anyway, good luck. I'd love to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a 49er NFC Championship game, so I'll be rooting for that instead. :p

Including our MNF game against them the Saints went 2-3 including 2 games in which they were blown out. Hawks went 3-2. Even though our offense didn't look great, how do you figure based on that that the Saints were trending up and the Hawks were trending down?

I don't think the Hawks will blow out the Saints and anytime you play Brees can be worrisome, but I think the Hawks still win. I think the line of the week should be respect your opponent, don't be scared of them.

gabel

Reaction score
The more I watch the Saints play the more I wanted them to win so we would get them. I actually got worried they would blow it at the end of the game. The Saints look tired on both sides of the ball and they surely will not be able to run like that on us. Really not that impressive a win over a inferior opponent.

Hope they enjoy the long flight here it's going to be cold and wet....and loud.

Sprfunk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":27lt560d said:
Sprfunk":27lt560d said:
Sarlacc83":27lt560d said:
Sprfunk":27lt560d said:
The saints will bring their a game boys. I still think we win this by 14, but it will not be easy.

The Saints average 17 on the road. They're 4-6 on the road, and Seattle solved their defense. Brees is going to have to take chances against Earl, Sherman, and Maxwell in 140dB weather.
Your right they won't change a thing. The saints will come in with the exact same game plan and energy.

Don't think so bro. This will be a fight, the hawks will be ready, but the saints will be better than last time.

You think they're suddenly going to change everything for 1 game? Good luck with that. I'm sure it would lead to great execution.

Lol. You're funny. They don't have to change EVERYTHING. I bet they won't sell out to stop Lynch as much. I bet they blitz a lot less. They don't have to change their playbook, but rest assured their play calling and game plan will be different. Payton is not stupid.

HawkWow

Reaction score
The Saints have less of a chance this time than last...and the reasons as many as they are obvious. The only hope they have is catching us looking past them (lol). If I were them, I'd be flying straight to Seattle from Philly. Find that same hotel that rescued them last time and play nerf football in the parking lot all week. I'd set the line at Seattle -14 (regardless of where Vegas has it). This game won't be close..probably no closer than last time.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Saints lost a few guys to injury tonight. Will be interesting to see what their secondary looks like in a week.

Overall, my first choice for opponents coming into the Clink for the divisional round and I'm happy to see it. I think I could hear the collective sigh from Niner fans all the way up here when they found out NO had to come to SEA, saving them from potentially having to do so in the divisional round.

rpmischris

Reaction score
All we need to do is take a knee on every offensive play and let our defense win the game. Brees will throw multiple interceptions that will go back to da house!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3dlwv2ck said:
droop828":3dlwv2ck said:
I'm not as confident as most of you guys. Yes, we should win and probably win this 8/10 times but I'd much rather have faced SF. Still, the odds are heavily in our favor and the Saints will have to play a lot better than they did vs Philly.

Rather play SF???

No way.

Our nemesis is good D. SF has one. NO does not.

I would rather NO 10 times out of 10.

We'll probably play SF a week later... That wouldn't be a bad deal either.... Two teams who struggle at Clink.... It's lining up.... GO HAWKS!!!

James in PA

Reaction score
49ers":2wddmagq said:

Nice try at trying to make Hawks fans feel bad after what almost everyone was saying would be the best outcome of wild card weekend for the Hawks. There's no such thing as a modest Whiners fan so we're not buying for one second your crap about how the Hawks would rather play the Niners than the Saints. We know your Whiners will likely beat the crappy Packers tomorrow. I hope they don't but even if they do, it will be great watching them fly back to the west coast after an ice bowl, only to have to turn around again and make a long flight to the east coast to face Carolina for a 10 am Pacific start! Ouch!

strohmin

Reaction score
Sprfunk":2m9rfl91 said:
Sarlacc83":2m9rfl91 said:
Lol. You're funny. They don't have to change EVERYTHING. I bet they won't sell out to stop Lynch as much. I bet they blitz a lot less. They don't have to change their playbook, but rest assured their play calling and game plan will be different. Payton is not stupid.

We all know what happens when they don't sellout to stop Lynch. I don't see their defense having the stamina to shutdown our entire offense for that long.

Shaz

Reaction score
This won't be like the first game when we smashed them

I see a 28-17 contest to be honest

HawkWow

Reaction score
I will be quite surprised if the Niners advance past Carolina. Pleasantly surprised, actually.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Sprfunk":1pp0ff4f said:

Ok, I'll play, they don't sell out to stop Lynch and he runs for 150+ and the Seahawks win with ease. Happy?

Please enlighten me on why the Saints will beat the Seahawks in Seattle.