The Saints come marching in.

A

Anonymous

NFSeahawks628":3t6b6315 said:
lol @ Tony Dungy... no dude they showed me nothing that makes me think they can beat Seattle.

I know, right?

What's funnier, is that Costas' questions are so long and drawn out the guy responding really only has two options: "Yes, Bob" or "No, Bob".

The real challenge for commentators and pundits this week will be how to restrain the urge to say: "Seattle is going to thrash the hell out of them". Film study for potential route adjustments and trying to run the ball more effectively is weak sauce for how they are going to try and beat us.

I'm still trying to figure out why the football gods decided to send us the best possible division-round opponent out of the bunch. We own New Orleans at home and they know it.

The Delf

Reaction score
HawkWow":2f05yyyd said:
The Delf":2f05yyyd said:
E.C. Laloosh":2f05yyyd said:
The Delf":2f05yyyd said:
Don't be so cocky. Every enemy is a worthy enemy, until you take him apart. Overconfidence "killed" us in 2 of our last games.

I'm not knocking you so please don't take offense, I just don't understand why you think this logic has to apply to fans. Somebody always makes this comment in one form or another.

For the record: Fans being cocky, has no bearing on the game to be played. None. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Nada...

I just want to keep this whole situation realistic. Sure, we can overhype us like hell, but don't whine, if we fall. And no offense taken. :) Our last games were not that great. May it be the different mentality between us and you over there (I envy you for your optimism !) but, dang. Don't let us take this to higher levels, than it belongs. :)

"Don't be so cocky". "Over confidence killed us in 2 of our last games". "we can overhype us like hell". "Don't whine if we fail". "our last game was not that great." "Don't take this to a higher level than it belongs".

LOL! Let's see how many fall for this. Aloha and have fun.

What's wrong with _not_ being overhyped on this one ? I'm sure as hell dedicated to this team, but you know as well, that there were performance lows in the last weeks (at least on the O-Line). So not chanting around like we've already won the Super Bowl is my aproach to this. (Or I just simply misunderstood you.. XD)

Mindsink

Reaction score
Seriously, this is nothing more than lipstick on a pig.

The Eagles were a paper tiger, and it took the Saints a last-second FG to win it. The idea that they can come into Seattle and actually compete (not win, but compete) is a complete fallacy. They will get throttled, again.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
People who are saying the saints are a tough matchup for us aren't paying attention.

We can deal with any offense in the league. ANY. Manning and co. Included.

We cannot deal with just any defense, seemingly.

a top 5 defense usually makes our offense sputter out and score below 20, or worse. In such a game we have to rely on the defense having a great game.

Our offense can function reasonably well against average defenses. I would label the Saints defense as average to somewhat above average.

Using that logic, the best path to the Lombardi:

Play the saints in divisional round (check)

9ers go down at the hands of the packers (go pack)

Panthers go down at the hands of the packers (go pack)

Then we play a NFCCG against a packers team with a BELOW average defense.

For the last piece, name me an AFC team we could face with a top 5 defense? The best defense left is probably the Bengals, and I'd be shocked if they even make it to the AFCCG. Denver has a decent defense, but they lost Von Miller, arguably their best defensive player.

The way I see it if we get knocked out of the playoffs, it will be either the 9ers or Panthers (even though I still like my chances against them)...

So... Go Pack!

A

Anonymous

CaptainSkybeard":25yddezy said:
People who are saying the saints are a tough matchup for us aren't paying attention.

We can deal with any offense in the league. ANY. Manning and co. Included.

We cannot deal with just any defense, seemingly.

a top 5 defense usually makes our offense sputter out and score below 20, or worse. In such a game we have to rely on the defense having a great game.

Our offense can function reasonably well against average defenses. I would label the Saints defense as average to somewhat above average.

Using that logic, the best path to the Lombardi:

Play the saints in divisional round (check)

9ers go down at the hands of the packers (go pack)

Panthers go down at the hands of the packers (go pack)

Then we play a NFCCG against a packers team with a BELOW average defense.

For the last piece, name me an AFC team we could face with a top 5 defense? The best defense left is probably the Bengals, and I'd be shocked if they even make it to the AFCCG. Denver has a decent defense, but they lost Von Miller, arguably their best defensive player.

The way I see it if we get knocked out of the playoffs, it will be either the 9ers or Panthers (even though I still like my chances against them)...

So... Go Pack!

Goooooo Packers!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

ludakrishna

Reaction score
Who's the Zebra next week for our game? As long as its not Carey or the clowns from our game vs the Colts earlier in the season, we should win.

James in PA

Reaction score
CaptainSkybeard":3a24015r said:
Add LaDainian Tomlinson to the list of media morons who thinks New Orleans has a legitimate shot at winning in Seattle. I was watching him on the NFL Network last night after the game and he was gushing abount the New Orleans run game and saying the one kink in Seattle's armor is their run defense. LOL. Has he even watched our games? Or is he just referring to that small stretch of games including Tampa Bay and the first St Louis game, which has long since been corrected. Freaking ill-informed moron. At least Deion Sanders came on then and said how he finds it funny that New Orleans was hoping to get a shot at Seattle again because Seattle was hoping for New Orleans again. LOL.

The Outfield

Reaction score
Really wish KJ could play... he did such a great job covering Graham.

hoxrox

Reaction score
The Outfield":2fj4cpot said:

KJ was dominate that game. I'm guessing Jimmy Graham had his worse game of the season against us.

I think Malcolm Smith will do fine, but KJ was on another level.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man, I knew some would be confident about playing the Saints again, but man........some are a little over confident I believe. It is very difficult to beat any team twice in a season. Plus, its the NFL playoffs where anything that can happen usually does. I sure as heck am not taking the Saints lightly as I know they have a great team and a great set of coaches. They will be much better prepared than they were the last time they came up here and played our Hawks. Our guys are gonna have to bring their A+ games thats for sure. Also, one trend I have been noticing is that when we as fans being to feel the most comfortable about a game/opponent thats when the Hawks always seem to have a let down of some sort. Lets hope this isn't the time it happens again.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
ludakrishna":2t0mq6ny said:
Who's the Zebra next week for our game? As long as its not Carey or the clowns from our game vs the Colts earlier in the season, we should win.

Probably will not know until next week Tues/Weds. That is what I read on Football zebras .com the other day. Posted on nfl on our net.

Largent80

Reaction score
Their D line looked like dog doo last night and I was focusing on them. They looked either tired or were taking plays off.

It may help them that they played here already, but that didn't turn out so well. However, our offense needs to click better. Maybe Harvin will provide some excitement.

Kixkahn

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":30se6d9h said:
lol @ Tony Dungy... no dude they showed me nothing that makes me think they can beat Seattle.
He had to be nice.

Mindsink

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2n3c4oal said:
It is very difficult to beat any team twice in a season.

I keep hearing this parroted everywhere. Are there any facts to back this up, especially when playing in the same venue both meetings (non-divisional teams)?

Donn2390

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":3stop5wg said:
Tony didn't predict the Saints would win, he said they would have a better chance to win. He works for the network, it isn't in his best interest to say it will be a blowout so don't bother watching. He is trying to sell a product.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
This thread and this board in general is filled with NinaTrolls.

We owe the Saints community nothing, not a PC answer of "Im sure it will be a tight game." Or "they will be more prepared this time". This isn't about a 34-7 ass kicking, this is about a tale of two different teams, one that is backed by the most effective and physical defense in the NFL, the other with a defense of smoke and mirrors, led by an overrated rendition of Football's Santa Claus, whose "not again" facial expression is well known during broadcast.

This tale will be told all week long. It will be argued by Nimrod pundits who have to make commentary that keeps it interesting or hypes the game up. You know the type. It won't matter come Saturday, no one is going to be surprised. Blowout? Who knows? But neither the Saints or Seahawks have done anything to produce a radically different outcome from the first game and I guarantee that the level these teams play at is radically different.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night but during the first matchup KJ Wright owned Graham and looked like an active cornerback during the game, I hope Wagner and Smith can perform the same duties close to how Wright performed the first time around.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
The Outfield":3nm2fr7w said:
That is my only real concern but I guess our only choice is to trust the last part of my signature is true (it is).

plyka

Reaction score
49ers":pyv5xonp said:
Man, I think you guys are REALLY over-looking this Saints team. I think it's the one team you don't want to see in the playoffs. The 49ers are the team you wanted to see.... they call 2 plays every time they line up, and Kap can never communicate to the offense when he switches plays because it's so damn loud. That would be a huge adjustment to make for the 49ers.

The second time you play a team, it's never easy. The Saints have a smart coach, smart QB, and a great defense. The last month or so, the Saints look like a completely different team..... to that point, so do the Seahawks. One went up, the other went down.

Anyway, good luck. I'd love to see a rematch, but I'd rather see a 49er NFC Championship game, so I'll be rooting for that instead. :p

Hhhhaaaaahhhaaaaa.....

Haaaaahhhhaaaaaahhhhaaaaa

Latest posts