The Offense is LEGIT

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Show me the link. Shom me the numbers. The percentage of times that the offense scored a touchdown from within the red zone through the first two games of 2024. Quantifiable measures please. Then compare that measure against the league average.

The two tight end set is a great, effective set for Seattle. It gives JSN lovers some angst though, robbing him of some attention. When two tight ends are in the game, it is the slot receiver that is coming out. JSN will inevitably find his day in the sun. For now, in the early season, the veteran play and production is coming from the tight end position. For good reason.
Here are the link numbers prior to yesterday's game - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2023-09-23

After yesterday's game, here are the updated numbers - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2023-09-25

The last thing is I want is a team cowering to an individual preference over what the team needs. If a play is successful then do what's working until the other team stops it. If it ruffles some individuals, so be it. JSN doesn't seem to be a selfish player. So I don't think he will be bothered too much about it.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Walker is a flat out BEAST. I still think it's funny that some don't believe he can't get the tough yards. Wrong. Very versatile back that can do it all. Now to shore up his blocking a little more. He's one hell of a football player. And his ability to bounce outside, make guys miss and create something out of nothing? Top 10 in the league at that, imo.

Mick063

Reaction score
Here are the link numbers prior to yesterday's game - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2023-09-23

After yesterday's game, here are the updated numbers - https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct?date=2023-09-25

The last thing is I want is a team cowering to an individual preference over what the team needs. If a play is successful then do what's working until the other team stops it. If it ruffles some individuals, so be it. JSN doesn't seem to be a selfish player. So I don't think he will be bothered too much about it.

The end of last season, Seattle ranked 27th. So, they have moved up thirteen spots after three games. Still, five field goal attempts in one half reminds me much more of last year than not.

OP
OP
Welshers2

Welshers2

Reaction score
The end of last season, Seattle ranked 27th. So, they have moved up thirteen spots after three games. Still, five field goal attempts in one half reminds me much more of last year than not.
True, but at the same time 5 FGs is better than five punts. Especially with a backup O Line. They hung 37 on them.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Scores in the high 30s often reflect a turnover or more. We did not benefit from any of those this week. That's significant!

sutz

Reaction score
Scores in the high 30s often reflect a turnover or more. We did not benefit from any of those this week. That's significant!
To be fair, that 4th down stop in the 4th qtr at their 35 or so is effectively a "turnover." It gave us a short field and led to the TD that locked the game down.

Jville

Reaction score
Solidify the offensive line and look out.

Big Time!

Once everyone is healthy and rolling, the OC will not be as tied to 12 and 13 personnel. The play book will open up even more.

nwHawk

Reaction score
We may see some very creative play calling going into the playoffs, I just have a good feeling about it. But it’s going to depend on healthy players.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I went from dreading playing the Niners to really looking forward to seeing what this O can do against their elite defense.

Putting down my homer cape for a moment, I do think the Niners are a better football team from top to bottom, but with a healthy O line and some good bounces, I see a pair of competitive games this year.

I initially had us losing both games to the Niners, but I think a split is very much a possibility, especially if we figure out how to unlock JSN a bit more.

Last edited:

TwilightError

Reaction score
The receivers and running backs are as legit as they get. Even Bobo, my adopt-a-rookie, keeps making me proud 👨🏻‍🦳😌

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
To be fair, that 4th down stop in the 4th qtr at their 35 or so is effectively a "turnover." It gave us a short field and led to the TD that locked the game down.
Good point, sutz. And you're right about that.

The truth is any time the other team punts, the ball is being turned over. It's why a deep shot on 3rd down that gets intercepted is much like a punt, too. Statistics on such plays don't tell the entire story.

Imagine, though, if our offense had benefited from a fumble or INT!

olyfan63

Reaction score
Good point, sutz. And you're right about that.

The truth is any time the other team punts, the ball is being turned over. It's why a deep shot on 3rd down that gets intercepted is much like a punt, too. Statistics on such plays don't tell the entire story.

Imagine, though, if our offense had benefited from a fumble or INT!
Interesting point... Maybe teams will start doing deep, even Hail Mary, passes on long 3rd downs just outside FG range; if it gets picked, probably as good as a punt. Analytics... if analytics show there is positive risk/reward for the deep shot. So many coaches who go for it now on 4th downs based on analytics.