Good News. The D is Blitzing More

olyfan63

Reaction score
Well, even boiled peanuts are easy to screw up if you are an ADD chef. I had to switch to my trusty slow cooker to get consistently good results. Not to mention check water level every few hours. So of course ADD chefs everywhere regularly screw up brisket when they get overly occupied with whatever game is on, and reliably check on it every 7 hours like clockwork. Or is it now checking it every 10 hours, since there's Sunday night football?

Anyway, the blitz packages Hurtt ran were effective enough at getting pressure on Dalton that we forced rushed throws and incompletions and got off the field on 3rd down a few times. I hope the Hawks continue to mix it up and dial up blitzes situationally and keep the opponents guessing.

cymatica

Reaction score
Brisket is ridiculously overrated. Overly expensive and easy to not do well, it's like a beef marketing gimmick that people have fallen for.
I don't think you've had a well smoked and rested brisket then. While the price has gone way up due to demand, the only other meat on the same level is prime rib.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't think you've had a well smoked and rested brisket then. While the price has gone way up due to demand, the only other meat on the same level is prime rib.
I have. A friend of mine is a skilled smoker and showed me the difference. A lot of people are assuming I think brisket is bad, or doesn't taste good, because they are offended that I'm not considering it God's gift to the human palate. Look at what I actually said. It's overrated, and the price plays a big role in that. It's also hard to find brisket that is both cooked "properly" (from a quality smoker's point of view) and which only has some marbling/fat in it. The vast majority of the time, you ask for or get lean brisket with no fat, or pieces that are HALF fat which is way too much. All of these factors contribute to my statement: that brisket is OVERRATED in general.

Y'all can relax a bit, I'm not calling your child a 73-IQ idiot, or anything. No need to get offended. :)

GGotskill

Reaction score
I have. A friend of mine is a skilled smoker and showed me the difference. A lot of people are assuming I think brisket is bad, or doesn't taste good, because they are offended that I'm not considering it God's gift to the human palate. Look at what I actually said. It's overrated, and the price plays a big role in that. It's also hard to find brisket that is both cooked "properly" (from a quality smoker's point of view) and which only has some marbling/fat in it. The vast majority of the time, you ask for or get lean brisket with no fat, or pieces that are HALF fat which is way too much. All of these factors contribute to my statement: that brisket is OVERRATED in general.

Your skilled smoker friend should have explained the difference between the flat and the point/deckle. No brisket only has "some marbling/fat" in it, an untrimmed brisket is probably 50% fat, so it's all about how the person prepping it trimmed it.

All good though, if the price is killing you try some beef plate, plate ribs, or even chuck roast. All of them are affordable and taste pretty much the same.

cymatica

Reaction score

Y'all can relax a bit, I'm not calling your child a 73-IQ idiot, or anything. No need to get offended. :)
I am offended. I love Brisket that much. I've never had a problem getting good cuts of meat either, I think I've smoked only 1 brisket that was bad quality meat with way too much fat. Good quality meat trimmed properly and you'll never get too much fat. The way meat prices are right now, paying $10-20 per pound is reasonable considering the end product.

Last edited: