M's offense is, once again, heinously bad...

Ruminator

Reaction score
Yep. I follow the Seattle Ms because I follow all Seattle teams, but that is the #1 reason why I kind of hold my nose when following the Ms: lack of salary cap in MLB. The permission for owners to blow crazy money on their coveted teams to buy playoff berths and beyond, if they so choose, needs to end -- yesterday.

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
Mariners now have 138 Ks for the season, most in the AL, second in MLB.

We got rid of the top 2 strikeout leaders in MLB, supposedly acquired better contact hitters, got a new hitting coach, and are still going backwards.

The Dodgers have more K's than the M's, but they've also played more games and have way more AB's.

Fun fact, Teoscar Hernandez is 2nd in MLB in K's, but he's also tied for 1st in RBI's. That's just who he is and who he's always been. Yeah, he strikes out a lot, but he also produces a lot of runs.

Also, Polanco has been just as bad as Wong was last season. He's got nearly 4 times as many K's as walks, a .167 BA, a way below average OBP of .259, and he's been generally awful on defense. Granted, he made a game saving play in the 9th on Wednesday, but other than that, he's been a huge liability both at the plate and in the field. It's really hard to have a negative 0.6 WAR in only 13 games. He's playing at a well below replacement player level of play.

Garver has sucked a big floppy donkey dick too, but at least he doesn't play defense so he can't **** that up too, unlike Polanco.

It's still early, but so far this is looking like a disaster of an off season. We'd literally be better off if we were playing replacement level players over Polanco and Garver. What a god damn dumpster fire this team is.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Are fans booing yet? I haven't been watching just checking scores. 8 guys batting under .200. lmfao

cymatica

Reaction score
The Mariners offense identifies as the other teams defense. Their pronoun is K

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The most overrated manager in baseball clearly thinks it's illegal to call for a bunt............when that is EXACTLY what the team needs to do in a 1 run game.

James in PA

Reaction score
Yep. I follow the Seattle Ms because I follow all Seattle teams, but that is the #1 reason why I kind of hold my nose when following the Ms: lack of salary cap in MLB. The permission for owners to blow crazy money on their coveted teams to buy playoff berths and beyond, if they so choose, needs to end -- yesterday.
This is why MLB is a joke and why I haven't followed it since the early 90's. Some teams just have no shot. Still waiting on that Pirates vs Mariners World Series. Waaaaay too many regular season games too.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Mariners, imo, are basically a bad used car salesman. Trying to sell a lemon, telling us it's a great runner.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
then, there's Cabby, hitting it up in TB.. go figure.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Scotty n' Jerry didn't even play Cabby towards the end of last season. Maybe he was too good. He has actual coaches that wont hold him back now though so im happy for him. Fraley and Marte also have insane numbers this year. Teo is batting .280 with .850 OPS. We sure could use that. Kelenic is barely playing in ATL. It's a good fit for when they need him but they don't need him he started slumping and hasnt been starting lately. They're loaded lol. This D'arnaud (???) dude hit 3 homers for ATL today and on all 3 of the swings it looks like he's golfing. The short and sweet swing on the right pitches to swing at. It's beautiful. It's so obvious theres no hitting coaching going on here with the M's everyone goes up to bat hacking away like schizos.

sutz

Reaction score
15 hitter tonite. 7 runs. Men on base in almost every inning. 6 walks (?). Offense looking good again.

bileever

Reaction score
I live in LA, and the Dodgers are 12-11 and in first place in the NL West. Dodger fans, however, are apoplectic and believe the season is already over. The LA Times had a humorous story about fan over-reaction entitled: The Sky is Falling:

Some of the quotes from letters to the Dodgers' beat reporter: "worst team in Dodger history," "Shohei Ohtani has been a colossal failure," "no way the Dodgers even make the playoffs this year." So I guess every fan base has to freak out this time of year.

bileever

Reaction score
All-Mariner Discard team:

Jesse Winker .339 BA .987 OPS
Jose Caballero .288 BA .748 OPS
Teo Hernandez. .264 BA .816 OPS
Geno Suarez .231 BA. .657 OPS
Abraham Toro. .254 BA. .747 OPS
Jake Fraley. .362 BA .934 OPS
Jarred Kelenic. .349 BA. .823 OPS

OP
OP
Chapow

Chapow

Reaction score
15 hitter tonite. 7 runs. Men on base in almost every inning. 6 walks (?). Offense looking good again.

Yep. It's been way, waaaaaaay better over the past 4 games.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Its hard to hit in Tmobile in early Spring. Science backs it and so do former players. I will wait until late may to make a decision.