M's offense is, once again, heinously bad...

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I honestly don't care about the Ms at this point. The ownership doesn't care, neither should we.

They own Root Sports and have made it too expensive to watch. I bought tickets in May vs Houston but I'm considering selling them.

Heck, I'm more invested in my MLB The Show Mariners franchise than the real team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Makes total sense. I don't blame you one bit. Same sh** every damn season.
Hanging out at the ballpark with friends and family is a blast, and something I appreciate. Oh yeah, and there's a baseball game too.
Being around people I care about is a lot more important, to ME, than protesting completely. But I 100 percent understand why people do.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Makes total sense. I don't blame you one bit. Same sh** every damn season.
Hanging out at the ballpark with friends and family is a blast, and something I appreciate. Oh yeah, and there's a baseball game too.
Being around people I care about is a lot more important, to ME, than protesting completely. But I 100 percent understand why people do.
Buy his tickets for the family.

bileever

Reaction score
These guys have got to learn that it's okay to score early in the game.

I think the problem is that Scott Servais has taken a page from Pete Carroll's playbook, and he asks his players, "Can you win the game in the first inning?"

bileever

Reaction score
15 more strikeouts yesterday. Happy for the win, VERY tired of all the K's.
Mariners now have 138 Ks for the season, most in the AL, second in MLB.

We got rid of the top 2 strikeout leaders in MLB, supposedly acquired better contact hitters, got a new hitting coach, and are still going backwards.

NoGain

Reaction score
Mariners now have 138 Ks for the season, most in the AL, second in MLB.

We got rid of the top 2 strikeout leaders in MLB, supposedly acquired better contact hitters, got a new hitting coach, and are still going backwards.
This. I thought we were going to be a more contact-based lineup now that didn't strike out as much. So much for that. At least we got more RBI's for it last year. I hope this doesn't continue long or there are going to be a lot of irate M's fans.

jeremiah

Reaction score
This is why I'm not going to games or spending money to watch them this year. They were primed for 2 year's where ownership could have really pushed them over the edge. But they chose not to. They said screw you to us fans, so I say screw you to them.
The M's have long been "penny wise and pound foolish". We had the potentially best team in baseball history, won the most games. A great Manager asked the FO to get a left handed bat with some pop, We needed that to force other teams into changes. In the playoffs, the rotations are shortened. THEY GAVE HIM/US SQUAT. Lew left town, and Seattle is still the worst franchise in pro baseball. They could and should have built around last years team. Not just upgrading, but bringing in people to compete and keeping the team together. Mariners suck, they have always sucked, they will always suck.

Threedee

Reaction score
Nobody is forcing you to watch, or even pay attention though. So there is that.
I'm not sure what the line is, but, venting is a perfectly acceptable form of expression on fan forums. Too much complaining will get you banned from a Lookout Landing type site. I guess no one really wants to read posts declaring that one is boycotting the team, but, still...

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Wow the Mariners suck. That's really SHOCKING news...

Oh wait, it's really not, it's clearly by design. Ownership says give us your money then **** off, because you PAY just to have a team. Competitiveness is not something we offer. We'll just leave if you stop paying.

These owners will NEVER field a competitive team. It's not what they do, and they don't care at all...

bileever

Reaction score
If baseball instituted a salary cap, not only would that be the fair thing to do, it would boost interest in the sport by 20 percent. To give all 30 teams a competitive chance would get all the fan bases excited, not just the major market teams.

Can you imagine what the hot stove league would be like if baseball free agents every winter were available to ALL the teams, not just the Yankees and Dodgers? Think of the interest that would spark.

I'm not saying that's the Mariners' only problem, but it is one of them.