The Elephant in the room

adeltaY

Reaction score
Just realized: The Patriot's crappy defense held these guys to 7 points. Even without Sherman, we have so much more talent then them. Pete and Richard have to get it done.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":6ly8lp5d said:
RussB":6ly8lp5d said:
And pete knows quinn very well too.

Difference is one major thing, Quinn is aggressive, Richard is play it safe, Sark will take risks, when he is on he can blow up a scoreboard, Bevell runs the 4th quarter offense.

The worry is their defense gets a turnover and a quick strike and builds on it with aggressive offensive play calling. Jones is or if it was me be featured against Lane and or Maxwell, both have rust and are playing in a position on the side of the field foreign to them, if they flip Shaq the same goes for him there. That's something if I was OC I would hit on right away while they were still playing tight and not comfortable yet.

Not meaning to beat this horse, but do you have examples of Sark "blowing up a scoreboard"....??

The guy has been fired (or pushed out at Alabama) for being terrible and or drunk on the sidelines, and really should have been fired from UW. Falcons fans want him gone, now.

Again, the Falcons, with all their weapons are still lights out dangerous......but that is in spite of Sark.

Just found it interesting you were so supportive of the guy. You may be the only one left.... :shock:

Gibbo

Reaction score
The Falcons are on a par with us in terms of rushing this season.

That’s with Freeman/Coleman and us with... erm Lacy/Prosise/Rawls

Tells you all bout Sark.

Seafan

Reaction score
This is the season on the line. Are the Hawks a contender or pretender. We are going to find out.

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
Hawkpower":uoqfb3c4 said:
chris98251":uoqfb3c4 said:
RussB":uoqfb3c4 said:

Difference is one major thing, Quinn is aggressive, Richard is play it safe, Sark will take risks, when he is on he can blow up a scoreboard, Bevell runs the 4th quarter offense.

The worry is their defense gets a turnover and a quick strike and builds on it with aggressive offensive play calling. Jones is or if it was me be featured against Lane and or Maxwell, both have rust and are playing in a position on the side of the field foreign to them, if they flip Shaq the same goes for him there. That's something if I was OC I would hit on right away while they were still playing tight and not comfortable yet.

Not meaning to beat this horse, but do you have examples of Sark "blowing up a scoreboard"....??

The guy has been fired (or pushed out at Alabama) for being terrible and or drunk on the sidelines, and really should have been fired from UW. Falcons fans want him gone, now.

Again, the Falcons, with all their weapons are still lights out dangerous......but that is in spite of Sark.

Just found it interesting you were so supportive of the guy. You may be the only one left.... :shock:

Yeah and Scot McCloughan is a shitty talent evaluator because he had a drinking problem as well.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Just as importantly is the fact that we know the Falcons defense inside out as well, after all they took their playbook from us. We have continued to evolve since they recruited our head defensive coach, and that puts at advantage planing on how to counter the Falcons mimicking us.

Someone pointed out not to long ago that the Atlanta Falcons were able to take a lot from the Seahawks, but the one thing they couldn't take from us, was the incredible spirit and knowledge that only Pete Carroll can deliver, and willanta's offence, and defence as well, after all we taught them everything they know. always prove to be the Falcons weakness when they face the Seahawks, especially at home in Seattle.That magic or mojo if you prefer, belongs exclusively to us. Look for the Seahawks to be the ones who have a bag of new tricks for Atlanta in this one.

I think the Falcons are going to discover that their old tricks only fool old dogs one or two times, and that time has long since come and gone in Seattle. I'm not saying the Falcons are going to be a walk in the park for us, but I do think we will fare much better against them than many think we will, and more importantly, we will not be defeated by them on our our own home ground.

Guess we will all see how much the Falcons perceived knowledge our defense and offense make in this game. I think it works against them, we still have the better and brighter coaches from the Super Bowl team with us. If we had to lose one, the one the Falcons got from us was the most expendable of the bunch, LMAO.

Go Seahawks !

OP
OP
chris98251

chris98251

Reaction score
If we had to lose one, the one the Falcons got from us was the most expendable of the bunch, LMAO.

This is just wrong, our defense was at it's best with Quinn as DC, Richard is more Gus Bradley which is bend not break instead of take the ball away and create havoc. Maybe you can call it style points but our defense played with more energy, losing Norton also was a blow as well.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":1394vkf6 said:
seahawkfreak":1394vkf6 said:
The Falcons offense has taken a pretty drastic step backwards compared to last season and the only significant difference is their Offensive Coordinator. Quite frankly, Sark has done a pretty poor job this season.

According to many here, our offense is absolutely horrific. Well, the Falcons offense puts up fewer points per game and fewer yards per game than we do. On the other hand, apparently PPG and YPG don't mean anything. Or something. :229031_shrug:

First of all, :34853_doh:

Secondly, it took a lot of mental gymnastics and reading into my comments things that weren't there to reach the conclusions you did.

I'll attempt to explain in-line.

These two paragraphs are very contradicting. No, they are not.

On one hand the first paragraph says the Falcons offense had taken a drastic step backwards and Sark has done a poor job this season. Yes. The Falcons offense has taken a drastic step backwards compared to last season. They averaged 33.8 PPG last season. They average 21.9 PPG this season. What is the most significant difference from last season to this season? My opinion is that it's the offensive coordinator. Sark took an offense that was averaging almost 34 PPG and has managed just 22 PPG with that same offense. In my opinion, taking what was the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and turning it into the #15 scoring offense in the NFL is doing a poor job.

Then the second statement attempts to validate the Seahawks offense because it is better than the Falcons. No, it does not. For it to have done that, I would have had to have said that the Falcons offense is good and I didn't.

If the Seahawks offense is "better" than Atlanta's does that ipso facto mean Seattle's offense is good? And once again, no. It means what it says, not whatever you want to twist it to mean. I stated that by the stats that are most commonly used to rank offenses, the Falcons are worse than the Seahawks. I was not making a statement either way as to whether or not the Seahawks offense or the Falcons offense is good. You are making assumptions about what you think I mean and your assumptions are wrong.

Haven't heard anyone touting the Falcon's offense, more the opposite but I have heard and read many pundits talk about how inconsistent ours is.
OK. Obviously I can't speak to what you have and haven't heard.

Both offenses are extremely similar in most of the stats and they are mediocre. I'd be more concerned with our 3r down conversion rate.

Look, there are a lot of people here that think our offense sucks. I was merely pointing out that, based on PPG and YPG, the Falcons offense is worse. If you are going to take that to mean something other than the simple statement that it is, it would make a lot more sense to assume I am saying that the Falcons offense sucks, not that our offense is good.

seahawkfreak":1394vkf6 said:
The Falcons offense has taken a pretty drastic step backwards compared to last season and the only significant difference is their Offensive Coordinator. Quite frankly, Sark has done a pretty poor job this season.

According to many here, our offense is absolutely horrific. Well, the Falcons offense puts up fewer points per game and fewer yards per game than we do. On the other hand, apparently PPG and YPG don't mean anything. Or something. :229031_shrug:

First of all, :34853_doh:

Secondly, it took a lot of mental gymnastics and reading into my comments things that weren't there to reach the conclusions you did.

I'll attempt to explain in-line.

These two paragraphs are very contradicting. No, they are not.

On one hand the first paragraph says the Falcons offense had taken a drastic step backwards and Sark has done a poor job this season. Yes. The Falcons offense has taken a drastic step backwards compared to last season. They averaged 33.8 PPG last season. They average 21.9 PPG this season. What is the most significant difference from last season to this season? My opinion is that it's the offensive coordinator. Sark took an offense that was averaging almost 34 PPG and has managed just 22 PPG with that same offense. In my opinion, taking what was the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and turning it into the #15 scoring offense in the NFL is doing a poor job.

Then the second statement attempts to validate the Seahawks offense because it is better than the Falcons. No, it does not. For it to have done that, I would have had to have said that the Falcons offense is good and I didn't.

If the Seahawks offense is "better" than Atlanta's does that ipso facto mean Seattle's offense is good? And once again, no. It means what it says, not whatever you want to twist it to mean. I stated that by the stats that are most commonly used to rank offenses, the Falcons are worse than the Seahawks. I was not making a statement either way as to whether or not the Seahawks offense or the Falcons offense is good. You are making assumptions about what you think I mean and your assumptions are wrong.

Haven't heard anyone touting the Falcon's offense, more the opposite but I have heard and read many pundits talk about how inconsistent ours is.
OK. Obviously I can't speak to what you have and haven't heard.

Both offenses are extremely similar in most of the stats and they are mediocre. I'd be more concerned with our 3r down conversion rate.

Look, there are a lot of people here that think our offense sucks. I was merely pointing out that, based on PPG and YPG, the Falcons offense is worse. If you are going to take that to mean something other than the simple statement that it is, it would make a lot more sense to assume I am saying that the Falcons offense sucks, not that our offense is good.

Oh geez. Ok whatever. Should I put a bunch of smart ass imogess as a response or write a 3 page essay to defend my points?

You are obviously irritated by people knocking the Seahawks offense and are trying to deflect by saying "LOOK, ATLANTA'S offense isn't that good either." That was my point to your post. You have also been blasting critques of Seattle's offense in many other posts in other threads in the same manner.

Even with that, Seattle and Atlanta are pretty much equal. Seattle, Atlanta. So what. The Seahawk's offense is seriously inadequate. Any stats are due to RW improvising and making things happen. That does not equate to a well run offense.

If you are happy with said offense than good for you, defend it like a few others here on the site. Don't just knock the criticism of it, pull some bona fides out and defend the offense. Tell us why it is sufficient. Otherwise you are just attacking the criticism.

A final bottom line question is how can anyone be happy with this statisic on offense?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
We gotta' put up 30 to win this game. They are capable, for sure. But Jones AND Sanu, damn that's gonna' be tough. Atlanta will get their points, I don't doubt that at all. But the Hawks offense is very capable of putting up plenty of points. I trust we can win if the game is close in the 4th. Anything is possible with #3 back there.

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3c1awr21 said:
Oh geez. Ok whatever. Should I put a bunch of smart ass imogess as a response or write a 3 page essay to defend my points?
Seriously? 1 facepalm emoji (because that's how I felt reading your response), and how long did it take you to read my post? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 60 seconds? Does that really seem like an excessively long response to you? BTW, this post by you isn't much shorter which makes your comment pretty hypocritical.

You are obviously irritated by people knocking the Seahawks offense and are trying to deflect by saying "LOOK, ATLANTA'S offense isn't that good either." That was my point to your post. You have also been blasting critques of Seattle's offense in many other posts in other threads in the same manner.
OK, you are going to accuse me of blasting "critiques" of our offense? I'm calling bullshit. Show me. Almost every time I've defended this offense I readily admit that there are areas that need improvement. What I am trying to get across and what feels like for the 100th time, is that our offense isn't as bad as many here are making it out to be. I am usually responding to over the top hyperbole, not reasonable critiques.

Even with that, Seattle and Atlanta are pretty much equal. Seattle, Atlanta. So what. The Seahawk's offense is seriously inadequate. Any stats are due to RW improvising and making things happen. That does not equate to a well run offense.
That is a perfect example of opinion, not fact. This offense puts up 370 yards per game, 23 points per game, and you are going to claim that all of that is due to Russ improvising? And that seems like a reasonable conclusion to you?

If you are happy with said offense than good for you, defend it like a few others here on the site. Don't just knock the criticism of it, pull some bona fides out and defend the offense. Tell us why it is sufficient. Otherwise you are just attacking the criticism.

You mean like this?

Chapow":3c1awr21 said:
Ambrose83":3c1awr21 said:
I am at a loss as to how any of you can accept what we are putting on the field. We have a elite qb, elite tight end, elite slot receiver and adequate weapons... yet... we all see what the offense is doing .

Yes, we do all see what the offense is doing. Currently 7th in the league for yards per game and 11th in the league for points per game.

I guess I'm not really understanding how so many people are acting like this is some sort of travesty. Yes, there's always room for improvement, but our offense is already better than most.

So I guess that's how some of us can "accept what we are putting on the field". Doesn't mean I don't think there are areas they need to improve, but I certainly don't think it's the disaster that some of you are making it out to be.

I think that quote is pretty representative of most of my posts here. If you don't agree, show me where I've done what you are accusing me of. Do you really think that post and others like it are nothing but attacking the criticism? I'm honestly asking, because unless I'm way off base, that seems like an awfully reasonable post to me, especially in the face of the constant hyperbolic gloomerism around here.

A final bottom line question is how can anyone be happy with this statisic on offense?
You know how I've mentioned many, many times that there areas that need improvement? This is one of them. It also doesn't mean or prove that everything about our offense besides Russ improvising is seriously inadequate.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
chris98251":3ufe40iu said:
Hawkpower":3ufe40iu said:
chris98251":3ufe40iu said:
RussB":3ufe40iu said:

Yeah and Scot McCloughan is a shitty talent evaluator because he had a drinking problem as well.

Well if that was the only point I made, I guess you would have a point.

However his performance as an actual coach has been terrible, to go along with being drunk during games at USC. Just kind of goes to show part of his overall pattern as of late.

It apprears you are an avid Sark supporter. Not sure why, but hey, good for you.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
How quickly the point of the thread is lost in a peeing contest. However, sometimes what people say is exactly what they mmean.

There is far too much negativity here for a team that is 6-3 and still very much in the convo as playoff team to content with. For sure we all have significant concerns about the team's O. Atlanta must have as well in relation to their O, which is a pale version of what they were accomplishing last season. I think the difference we need to be concerned about is that Atlanta has been able to run the ball a bit at times whereas not so much is reality for the Hawks. if there is any area I'd hope to see improved it is in the run game. sad how much the team now misses Anthony Collins.

We all don't know what to expect with the loss of Sherman, but at least with the addition of Maxwell added to the guys we have left, the team can probably play pass D with some effectiveness. Getting to Ryan repeatedly will be quite critical to help the pass D.

This is a key game game b/c another conference L will make it very tough to even be remotely in the hunt for any playoff bye. I doubt anyone thinking straight believes this game will be an easy game to win. That said I expect a W.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Chapow":2swdxfj4 said:
seahawkfreak":2swdxfj4 said:
Seriously? 1 facepalm emoji (because that's how I felt reading your response), and how long did it take you to read my post? Somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 to 60 seconds? Does that really seem like an excessively long response to you? BTW, this post by you isn't much shorter which makes your comment pretty hypocritical.

OK, you are going to accuse me of blasting "critiques" of our offense? I'm calling bullshit. Show me. Almost every time I've defended this offense I readily admit that there are areas that need improvement. What I am trying to get across and what feels like for the 100th time, is that our offense isn't as bad as many here are making it out to be. I am usually responding to over the top hyperbole, not reasonable critiques.

That is a perfect example of opinion, not fact. This offense puts up 370 yards per game, 23 points per game, and you are going to claim that all of that is due to Russ improvising? And that seems like a reasonable conclusion to you?

You mean like this?

Chapow":2swdxfj4 said:
Ambrose83":2swdxfj4 said:
I am at a loss as to how any of you can accept what we are putting on the field. We have a elite qb, elite tight end, elite slot receiver and adequate weapons... yet... we all see what the offense is doing .

Yes, we do all see what the offense is doing. Currently 7th in the league for yards per game and 11th in the league for points per game.

I guess I'm not really understanding how so many people are acting like this is some sort of travesty. Yes, there's always room for improvement, but our offense is already better than most.

So I guess that's how some of us can "accept what we are putting on the field". Doesn't mean I don't think there are areas they need to improve, but I certainly don't think it's the disaster that some of you are making it out to be.

I think that quote is pretty representative of most of my posts here. If you don't agree, show me where I've done what you are accusing me of. Do you really think that post and others like it are nothing but attacking the criticism? I'm honestly asking, because unless I'm way off base, that seems like an awfully reasonable post to me, especially in the face of the constant hyperbolic gloomerism around here.

You know how I've mentioned many, many times that there areas that need improvement? This is one of them. It also doesn't mean or prove that everything about our offense besides Russ improvising is seriously inadequate.

Alright guess this is a stalemate and I will take your word and I apparently don't understand your grievances. Happens in informal banter. I can be frustrated with the offense and maybe you are not necessarily at that point. Seems ok because I really want the offense to be bad ass and maybe I am being overly critical.

You like the Seahawks, I like the Seahawks, I can live with that. Cheers. :irishdrinkers:

Chapow

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":1670bu96 said:
Alright guess this is a stalemate and I will take your word and I apparently don't understand your grievances. Happens in informal banter. I can be frustrated with the offense and maybe you are not necessarily at that point. Seems ok because I really want the offense to be bad ass and maybe I am being overly critical.

You like the Seahawks, I like the Seahawks, I can live with that. Cheers. :irishdrinkers:

Fair enough. Dilly Dilly! :irishdrinkers:

I typed out some other shit, but whatever, nobody cares. Bottom line is, I think this forum is way, way to negative for a team sitting at 6-3.

Latest posts