The Dan Quinn effect

RichNhansom

Reaction score
That was an amazing demoralization of the Niners and most that credit goes to the D-line and that was going against one of the best O-lines in the league without Clemons or Irvin and Avril's first game since injury.

I loved bringing him back and I'm glad to see the Dan Quinn affect.

Big Props to Mr Quinn.

JonRud

Reaction score
So far so good. M. Bennett is quickly turning into one of my faves....

Axx

Reaction score
I even saw blitzing even when we had a huge lead.

That safety came from Malcolm blitzing.

That bum Gus with his soon to be 0-16 Jags wouldve have rushed 2 and dropped back 9 into a extremely soft zone coverage.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
One thing that struck me from Sherm's press conference was that he said the DBs specifically asked Quinn if they could play more man coverage this year and that he has obliged. Sounds like they weren't too high on Gus's soft zones either.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1aqf0sss said:
One thing that struck me from Sherm's press conference was that he said the DBs specifically asked Quinn if they could play more man coverage this year and that he has obliged. Sounds like they weren't too high on Gus's soft zones either.

They were probably angry too to be put in those stupid zones at the end of games. They manhandled WRs all game long and then they are told to "lay off" at critical times? If I'm a player that doesn't sit well with me.

hawk45

Reaction score
Quinn has more talent along the Dline in terms of rushers than Bradley did but yeah, sure can't fault the way he's been making use of it.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
DavidSeven":31t9r286 said:
I believe it was Browner that made a comment about it last year. Can't remember when and what was said tho.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
hawk45":1bisq4e8 said:
Quinn has more talent along the Dline in terms of rushers than Bradley did but yeah, sure can't fault the way he's been making use of it.

He will have more talent but right now I would say he is at a disadvantage without Clem and Irvin plus Browner out who is very good against the run. All things considered I would say he is doing a fantastic job with what he has and it will only get better. Kinda scary.

hawk45

Reaction score
Best D in the history of a lot of franchises.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
JonRud":lbp8ckqi said:

The guy dominated the interior quite unlike anything I've seen in a Seahawks uniform since... Hmm.... Can't remember. I am utterly unable to remember the last time a Seahawks player knifed through Pro Bowl caliber interior linemen on such a regular basis. Our whole D-Line brought it all game long. I hope to see more of that in the future.

HawkWow

Reaction score
hawk45":26do0e0c said:
Best D in the history of a lot of franchises.

In deed.

And as young as we are, it's going to be very tough to make this team. I am thinking of the leak reported from camp that (basically) insinuated *one of our D-side players, possibly a vet, was concerned about his roster spot. Suddenly I have to wonder if that was Clemons after all.

In any event, I sincerely doubt Clem is going anywhere, but it would sure be a telling sign if it was he that was in fact, "concerned".

*The obvious player would be Winfield, but I got the impression it was a veteran of the team.

With Clemons, Irvin and obviously BB back, this thing could / should start climbing the 'all time' lists. Sweet.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":11dcgok6 said:
JonRud":11dcgok6 said:

The guy dominated the interior quite unlike anything I've seen in a Seahawks uniform since... Hmm.... Can't remember. I am utterly unable to remember the last time a Seahawks player knifed through Pro Bowl caliber interior linemen on such a regular basis. Our whole D-Line brought it all game long. I hope to see more of that in the future.

I think Bennett needs to get the money Big Red was suppose to get for the next few years. Bennett is ridiculous from both the 5T DE or the 3T inside.

kearly

Reaction score
I really hope the NFL just assumes that this is Pete's / Bradley's defense and that Quinn is just a right-time-right-place coattail rider. I was certain Quinn was an upgrade before the regular season even started. The results he was getting out of 3rd string front seven players in preseason games was mind-blowing.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
So far I am very impressed by what our defense has shown. 10 points against through two weeks? I'll take it.

Kearly or someone else who breaks it down might be able to correct me, but it seemed like we were getting a lot of pressure out of our base defenses (aka not blitzing very much). Since our scheme hasn't really changed, I think PC/JS and co. need some props from bringing in players on the d-line who are immediately making an impact. Schofield, Avril and Bennett all impressed last night and it's getting me pumped to have our front 7 at full strength when we get Clemons and Irvin back.

Dan Quinn has done a great job so far of making adjustments and making calls from the booth. I haven't seen anything yet that would make me question what our defense is doing, and until we get into situations like Atlanta, Chicago and Miami last year, I don't know if we'll be able to truly tell whether the late game play calls will be an improvement from last year.

kearly

Reaction score
We rarely sent more than five rushers. Quinn is a smart dude. By his actions he seems to be aware that 4 and 5 man rushes are statistically the most effective.

OP
OP
R

RichNhansom

Reaction score
I wonder how the defensive standings stack up so far? I get the feeling that Niners (most talented roster in the NFL) isn't at the top of any defensive lists. Us on the other hand might be a little different.

w00t

Reaction score
I noticed Benson Mayowa #95 playing LB. He was in there when Avril got the sack fumble and when Kam got the INT. Can't wait for this defense to be full strength.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Pete commented on Brock and Danny yesterday that they had planned to get more aggressive this year and that when DQ came he just fit into that perfectly because that's his way too.

Latest posts